Halo 5 Maps

Is it just me or does the majority of the maps seem to have the same buildings & walls. It’s like a smooth white look on everything.
It bugs me & I see it in everything including some campaign shots.

> 2533274842506942;1:
> Is it just me or does the majority of the maps seem to have the same buildings & walls. It’s like a smooth white look on everything.
> It bugs me & I see it in everything including some campaign shots.

No I see it too.
However not complaining because every map I’ve seen so far I’ve rated highly. Except for Escape from the arc. The white smooth walls on that map simply don’t match. Id like to see something a bit more fitting. Everything human doesn’t always have to be smooth rounded white walls.
But in saying that all the other maps I’ve loved. When the DLC comes out id like to see some forunner monument structures and maps. Not many more human ones. Because we now have a good healthy amount of human maps. So give us some haven style maps but better. Give us some Shrine/Sanctuary styled Stone maps that look more organic and natural. Give us some more covinent style maps too. Then the game should have a nice balance between human and alien maps.

I would love to see concrete human structures, or less smooth white metal. Everything seems very bland when viewing building structures.

> 2535412066574710;2:
> > 2533274842506942;1:
> > Is it just me or does the majority of the maps seem to have the same buildings & walls. It’s like a smooth white look on everything.
> > It bugs me & I see it in everything including some campaign shots.
>
>
> No I see it too.
> However not complaining because every map I’ve seen so far I’ve rated highly. Except for Escape from the arc. The white smooth walls on that map simply don’t match. Id like to see something a bit more fitting. Everything human doesn’t always have to be smooth rounded white walls.
> But in saying that all the other maps I’ve loved. When the DLC comes out id like to see some forunner monument structures and maps. Not many more human ones. Because we now have a good healthy amount of human maps. So give us some haven style maps but better. Give us some Shrine/Sanctuary styled Stone maps that look more organic and natural. Give us some more covinent style maps too. Then the game should have a nice balance between human and alien maps.

It honestly reminds me of the forge maps we played in the beta. I’m just seeing way too much of it.
Every starting Warzone base I’ve seen uses this, plus the city warzone map aka Mirrors edge.Take a map like headlong from Halo 2, buildings can have different textures. Now that I think about it, they did this often in Halo 4 as well.
Maybe they do this because Red & Blue sides will be more noticeable. I might even end up gathering all the maps that they do this & make a better thread.
I’m usually not one to complain but I really want the team to know that it’s highly noticeable & just seems like a lazy move.

I think the difference is that these buildings are fabrication UNSC military buildings so they all look similar. Where as headlong was a city in which buildings look different.

The problem with 343i’s human themed maps is that they are all UNSC buildings instead of civilian buildings so they always look very similar all the time.

However, Plaza looks pretty different than the usual fare weve seen so far.

> 2533274795233660;5:
> I think the difference is that these buildings are fabrication UNSC military buildings so they all look similar. Where as headlong was a city in which buildings look different.
>
> The problem with 343i’s human themed maps is that they are all UNSC buildings instead of civilian buildings so they always look very similar all the time.
>
> However, Plaza looks pretty different than the usual fare weve seen so far.

You might need to go back & look at the plaza gameplay, it’s sadly there…a lot. http://imgur.com/R5W9ZXC
I get the UNSC look excuse but that’s not a reason to make maps all look the same. The lore needs to be there but I would never go look at a Halo map & say this is UNSC area so this wall needs to be smooth/plain with a dull white. I mean look at The Pit in Halo 3. It was a different take on a UNSC environment.
Plus what I have seen of the Warzone city map, the entire place looks like they used it on every building…

> 2533274842506942;6:
> > 2533274795233660;5:
> > I think the difference is that these buildings are fabrication UNSC military buildings so they all look similar. Where as headlong was a city in which buildings look different.
> >
> > The problem with 343i’s human themed maps is that they are all UNSC buildings instead of civilian buildings so they always look very similar all the time.
> >
> > However, Plaza looks pretty different than the usual fare weve seen so far.
>
>
> You might need to go back & look at the plaza gameplay, it’s sadly there…a lot. http://imgur.com/R5W9ZXC
> I get the UNSC look excuse but that’s not a reason to make maps all look the same. The lore needs to be there but I would never go look at a Halo map & say this is UNSC area so this wall needs to be smooth/plain with a dull white. I mean look at The Pit in Halo 3. It was a different take on a UNSC environment.
> Plus what I have seen of the Warzone city map, the entire place looks like they used it on every building…

I’m not giving them an excuse I’m just saying that’s probably why it looks so similar. I would prefer some variety as well though.

> 2533274795233660;7:
> > 2533274842506942;6:
> > > 2533274795233660;5:
> > > I think the difference is that these buildings are fabrication UNSC military buildings so they all look similar. Where as headlong was a city in which buildings look different.
> > >
> > > The problem with 343i’s human themed maps is that they are all UNSC buildings instead of civilian buildings so they always look very similar all the time.
> > >
> > > However, Plaza looks pretty different than the usual fare weve seen so far.
> >
> >
> > You might need to go back & look at the plaza gameplay, it’s sadly there…a lot. http://imgur.com/R5W9ZXC
> > I get the UNSC look excuse but that’s not a reason to make maps all look the same. The lore needs to be there but I would never go look at a Halo map & say this is UNSC area so this wall needs to be smooth/plain with a dull white. I mean look at The Pit in Halo 3. It was a different take on a UNSC environment.
> > Plus what I have seen of the Warzone city map, the entire place looks like they used it on every building…
>
>
> I’m not giving them an excuse I’m just saying that’s probably why it looks so similar. I would prefer some variety as well though.

I wasn’t meaning it as you giving them one, I just worded it strangely. My overall goal is for them to notice that we notice & hopefully this will push for a different art direction in some cases.

In the end it doesn’t really matter what the maps look like so long as they play well. We don’t remember maps, because they had good textures, or because they had nice walls and buildings, we remember them because they were well made and were great to play on.

> 2533274888579326;9:
> In the end it doesn’t really matter what the maps look like so long as they play well. We don’t remember maps, because they had good textures, or because they had nice walls and buildings, we remember them because they were well made and were great to play on.

I like the maps so far, it all depends on how well the play, not the look.

> 2533274842506942;1:
> Is it just me or does the majority of the maps seem to have the same buildings & walls. It’s like a smooth white look on everything.
> It bugs me & I see it in everything including some campaign shots.

Yes, and it bugs me too OP. It’s all plastic looking, gives the impression that 343’s art design for Human structures are to make it look like Halo 4’s Complex. It’s cheap looking and doesn’t show anywhere as much texture as past Halo games that had the Human pallet.