Halo 5: local Co-op, make it multiplayer!!!!

I hope Halo 5 adds/fixes the limit of only 2 in local co-op mode.
As a family trying to play, it is extremely frustrating that only a 2 person co-op is allowed.
As we mentioned before, even the Nintendo Wii can work with 4 controllers… no online crap required.

The Xbone is not powerful enough to run four games (basically what split-screen is) in 1080p with 60 fps. It would probably lag and stutter so much the game would be completely unplayable.

I would bet that Two player will be problematic and likely not run well

It would be nice if we could have at least 1 more player to boost it up to 2 player split screen.

> 2533274803493024;2:
> The Xbone is not powerful enough to run four games (basically what split-screen is) in 1080p with 60 fps. It would probably lag and stutter so much the game would be completely unplayable.

Who said splitscreen needs to run at 60fps? Also you need to understand it’s nowhere near as complex as 4 separate games. The map assets are all loaded into RAM and those assets are shared for each screen, so no need for 4 times the RAM. The CPU AI is common to 4 players, so no need to process that 4 times. Each screen is only 1/4 1080p so total resolution is still 1080p, so you’re not rendering 4 1920X1080 screens, you’re rendering 4 960x540 screens. The only thing that might come close to 4 times, is the polygons, and that completely depends on at what each of the 4 players is looking. Besides that, things can be seriously reduced in graphics complexity to bring up performance in 4 player splitscreen. Lower the resolution from 1080p to 900p or even 720p. Target a locked 30fps instead of 60fps. Reduce draw distance. Reduce anti-aliasing. Reduce anisotropic filtering. etc These sacrifices would be for splitscreen only, single player would still run in all its glory.

> 2535411714190358;1:
> I hope Halo 5 adds/fixes the limit of only 2 in local co-op mode.
> As a family trying to play, it is extremely frustrating that only a 2 person co-op is allowed.
> As we mentioned before, even the Nintendo Wii can work with 4 controllers… no online crap required.

As it stands, 343 intends to reduce 4 players splitscreen multiplayer down to 2 player splitscreen. Since co-op was always only 2 player splitscreen in previous Halo games, there’s no chance they will up it to 4 player. It’s certainly worth fighting for 4 player splitscreen in multiplayer but campaign is a lost cause. Halo has always had 4 player splitscreen in multiplayer but only 2 in campaign, and they intend to cut 4 player down to 2 in multiplayer because they’re to lazy to optimize the graphics for performance in 4 player splitscreen.

> 2533274910348639;4:
> It would be nice if we could have at least 1 more player to boost it up to 2 player split screen.

It is going to be 2 Player Split Screen…

The beta, however, was limited to 1 player at a time.

> 2533274797542396;5:
> > 2533274803493024;2:
> > The Xbone is not powerful enough to run four games (basically what split-screen is) in 1080p with 60 fps. It would probably lag and stutter so much the game would be completely unplayable.
>
>
>
>
> Who said splitscreen needs to run at 60fps? Also you need to understand it’s nowhere near as complex as 4 separate games. The map assets are all loaded into RAM and those assets are shared for each screen, so no need for 4 times the RAM. The CPU AI is common to 4 players, so no need to process that 4 times. Each screen is only 1/4 1080p so total resolution is still 1080p, so you’re not rendering 4 1920X1080 screens, you’re rendering 4 960x540 screens. The only thing that might come close to 4 times, is the polygons, and that completely depends on at what each of the 4 players is looking. Besides that, things can be seriously reduced in graphics complexity to bring up performance in 4 player splitscreen. Lower the resolution from 1080p to 900p or even 720p. Target a locked 30fps instead of 60fps. Reduce draw distance. Reduce anti-aliasing. Reduce anisotropic filtering. etc These sacrifices would be for splitscreen only, single player would still run in all its glory.
>
>
>
> > 2535411714190358;1:
> > I hope Halo 5 adds/fixes the limit of only 2 in local co-op mode.
> > As a family trying to play, it is extremely frustrating that only a 2 person co-op is allowed.
> > As we mentioned before, even the Nintendo Wii can work with 4 controllers… no online crap required.
>
>
> As it stands, 343 intends to reduce 4 players splitscreen multiplayer down to 2 player splitscreen. Since co-op was always only 2 player splitscreen in previous Halo games, there’s no chance they will up it to 4 player. It’s certainly worth fighting for 4 player splitscreen in multiplayer but campaign is a lost cause. Halo has always had 4 player splitscreen in multiplayer but only 2 in campaign, and they intend to cut 4 player down to 2 in multiplayer because they’re to lazy to optimize the graphics for performance in 4 player splitscreen.

Or, perhaps, they don’t want a repeat of the “forge” maps causing massive framerate issues on 4 player split, as was seen in Reach, & Halo 4.

Looks like this new Forge will spark a ton of community maps, personally if I played 4 player split on H4, and a forged map was voted, my team left as the framerate was so bad it was unplayable.

Halo 5 looks amazing, but I really don’t want to have to buy an XBOX 1 JUST to get it…