Halo 5 Loadout Blacklisting/ Weapon Balancing

I think we should have custom game options that allow us to overwrite loadouts. For example, we could have it say “No Autos” for primary weaponry, so we would only have precision weaponry (ARs will be replaced by BRs, SRs by CCs, SUPs by LRs). Another example, we could have an option that says “Magnums only” for secondary weaponry, so people wont start with Plasma Pistols or Boltshots. And yet another example, we could have it say “No Plasma Grenades” so people wont start with Plasma Grenades (instead you will get Frags by default if you were using a PlasG loadout). Same thing with AAs, Tactical Packages, and Armor Mods. This way people can still use their weapon skins and play the way they want to, while evening the playing field.

Also heres how we can balance the starting weapons:

Assault Rifle will be the middle ground, will have a reasonable power and reasonable clip.

Storm Rifle will be the less powerful one, but you will be able to fire it for much longer before it overheats.

Suppressors will be the most powerful, but will also have the smallest clip.

Carbine will be the middle ground, 5sk (if last was headshot) kill but also fires at a moderate pace

Battle Rifle will be 3sk (if last was headshot) but will fire very slowly.

Lightrifle will be 7sk (if last was headshot) but will fire very fast.

(Note this is based on weapon balancing, not canon)

Any opinions/ ways to improve this? Btw these weapons wont be hitscan.

I agree with the concept, but not the execution.

Rather, we should have a blacklist in gametype settings that lets us ban specific weapons.

For example:

Blacklist
[]Assault Rifle
[
]Storm Rifle
Suppressor

The game won’t let you choose the Suppressor, but it will let you choose anything else. The Suppressor would be highlighted red in the loadout menu, along with any other banned weapons, so the player would know what they have available.

A BR starts gametype could ban everything but the BR, allowing players to select their own skin but not any other weapon.

> I agree with the concept, but not the execution.
>
> Rather, we should have a blacklist in gametype settings that lets us ban specific weapons.
>
> For example:
>
> Blacklist
> []Assault Rifle
> [
]Storm Rifle
> Suppressor
>
> The game won’t let you choose the Suppressor, but it will let you choose anything else. The Suppressor would be highlighted red in the loadout menu, along with any other banned weapons, so the player would know what they have available.
>
> A BR starts gametype could ban everything but the BR, allowing players to select their own skin but not any other weapon.

That was basically what i was saying, but you could also blacklist types of weapons, like “No Autos”.

Heres an idea: Get rid of loadouts and weapons wouldn’t be considered as “OP” as they are now.

> Heres an idea: Get rid of loadouts and weapons wouldn’t be considered as “OP” as they are now.

But doesnt that also mean getting rid of weapon skins? Also im against ordinance drops. I really hate it when people just go “no, thats bad, dont try to suggest ways to improve it”

> > Heres an idea: Get rid of loadouts and weapons wouldn’t be considered as “OP” as they are now.
>
> But doesnt that also mean getting rid of weapon skins? Also im against ordinance drops. I really hate it when people just go “no, thats bad, dont try to suggest ways to improve it”

Do you really care about weapon skins that much? You can still have a custom skins on starting weapons from pressing start in the menu. ie: Press Start, then go to “Weapon Skins” and then select skins for primary weapons only. Now you go to multiplayer and select a playlist(in this case Team Slayer) Now vote for either Slayer BR, Slayer (AR) and then you spawn with the skin for the starting weapon.