halo 5 limited edition getting physical disc!!!

So I was going through twitter when I passed by josh holmes. A fan was angry about not being able to get a physical copy on limited or legendary edition. Josh replied "we know that some fans prefer a physical disc and we’re working on an option to trade the digital code for a disc. "

Good, another thing the community can stop complaining about.

he said they were looking for a solution on july 6 but I thought you guys would’ve found it. Meh

Are the discs from the standard edition and the limited edition going to look any different or will the discs still have the same artwork on them, or will it differ? Does anyone know?

> 2535463261337659;4:
> Are the discs from the standard edition and the limited edition going to look any different or will the discs still have the same artwork on them, or will it differ? Does anyone know?

For all I know nothing has been said about that

I’m of the belief that digital is superior, but options for people who want them is a positive regardless.

> 2732317809650829;6:
> I’m of the belief that digital is superior, but options for people who want them is a positive regardless.

Just look at OnLive. They were a company that let you stream games from servers. No huge machine, just a small box and a controller. All else you needed was a monthy subscription and high speed internet. Guess what? They went under, now, all the games people bought through OnLive have gone POOF, and their money with it. Anyone that played OnLive now has nothing, especially if they focused on that more than other gaming. Digital sure is great, huh?

> 2533275004372869;7:
> > 2732317809650829;6:
> > I’m of the belief that digital is superior, but options for people who want them is a positive regardless.
>
>
> Just look at OnLive. They were a company that let you stream games from servers. No huge machine, just a small box and a controller. All else you needed was a monthy subscription and high speed internet. Guess what? They went under, now, all the games people bought through OnLive have gone POOF, and their money with it. Anyone that played OnLive now has nothing, especially if they focused on that more than other gaming. Digital sure is great, huh?

And do you see that happening to Microsoft in the forseeable future?

Nice, I just wonder if it will be the limited edition disk, though it is fine if it’s not.

> 2533274930332252;5:
> > 2535463261337659;4:
> > Are the discs from the standard edition and the limited edition going to look any different or will the discs still have the same artwork on them, or will it differ? Does anyone know?
>
>
> For all I know nothing has been said about that

I’m going to be angry if it is a standard edition disc. I’m elated that we’ll have the option to get a disc, but having to get a standard disc will dampen my spirits.

I’m paying for everything the Limited edition has and an extra statue. I expect to get everything in the Limited edition, including the special disc art.

> 2533274973030620;10:
> > 2533274930332252;5:
> > > 2535463261337659;4:
> > > Are the discs from the standard edition and the limited edition going to look any different or will the discs still have the same artwork on them, or will it differ? Does anyone know?
> >
> >
> > For all I know nothing has been said about that
>
>
> I’m going to be angry if it is a standard edition disc. I’m elated that we’ll have the option to get a disc, but having to get a standard disc will dampen my spirits.
>
> I’m paying for everything the Limited edition has and an extra statue. I expect to get everything in the Limited edition, including the special disc art.

I guess I can see where your coming from, but as long as its halo 5 its cool with me

> 2732317809650829;6:
> I’m of the belief that digital is superior, but options for people who want them is a positive regardless.

Normally I would agree, but for this much money, you should be able to get a physical disk imho.

Awesome, for some reason I love the disk in the LE

> 2533274876456769;8:
> > 2533275004372869;7:
> > > 2732317809650829;6:
> > > I’m of the belief that digital is superior, but options for people who want them is a positive regardless.
> >
> >
> > Just look at OnLive. They were a company that let you stream games from servers. No huge machine, just a small box and a controller. All else you needed was a monthy subscription and high speed internet. Guess what? They went under, now, all the games people bought through OnLive have gone POOF, and their money with it. Anyone that played OnLive now has nothing, especially if they focused on that more than other gaming. Digital sure is great, huh?
>
>
> And do you see that happening to Microsoft in the forseeable future?

It’s always possible. At least Valve has a clause in their Terms of Service that lets you burn or copy your steam library to discs if they ever go under. Microsoft? Sony? No such insurance. Sony was in danger of going under and the PS4 saved them. It can happen.

> 2533274930332252;11:
> > 2533274973030620;10:
> > > 2533274930332252;5:
> > > > 2535463261337659;4:
> > > > Are the discs from the standard edition and the limited edition going to look any different or will the discs still have the same artwork on them, or will it differ? Does anyone know?
> > >
> > >
> > > For all I know nothing has been said about that
> >
> >
> > I’m going to be angry if it is a standard edition disc. I’m elated that we’ll have the option to get a disc, but having to get a standard disc will dampen my spirits.
> >
> > I’m paying for everything the Limited edition has and an extra statue. I expect to get everything in the Limited edition, including the special disc art.
>
>
> I guess I can see where your coming from, but as long as its halo 5 its cool with me

Learn what you’re buying guys.

The disc is confirmed to have its own design for the LE and LCE. Its right there when they are listing all of the things you get in these editions.

> 2533274859413227;15:
> > 2533274930332252;11:
> > > 2533274973030620;10:
> > > > 2533274930332252;5:
> > > > > 2535463261337659;4:
> > > > > Are the discs from the standard edition and the limited edition going to look any different or will the discs still have the same artwork on them, or will it differ? Does anyone know?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > For all I know nothing has been said about that
> > >
> > >
> > > I’m going to be angry if it is a standard edition disc. I’m elated that we’ll have the option to get a disc, but having to get a standard disc will dampen my spirits.
> > >
> > > I’m paying for everything the Limited edition has and an extra statue. I expect to get everything in the Limited edition, including the special disc art.
> >
> >
> > I guess I can see where your coming from, but as long as its halo 5 its cool with me
>
>
> Learn what you’re buying guys.
>
> The disc is confirmed to have its own design for the LE and LCE. Its right there when they are listing all of the things you get in these editions.

What are you talking about? I haven’t been following Halo news recently (I’ve been busy), so I might have missed such an announcement.

But I thought that the LE and LCE had a special steel case, not a special disc. The LE has exclusive disc art, but since the LCE comes with a digital download code, it has no such disc art. And I don’t think they have said whether the code trade-in will get you a special disc (it most likely won’t, I see them making the stores provide the disc, so it’d be a regular one). After all, they keep saying they are “working” on thing, which I feel is purposely vague. It hasn’t been 100% confirmed, so they could still pull the plug and say “Nope, deal with the download” without going back on their word.

Not like we haven’t been talking about that in the other thread that’s 45 pages long.

> 2533275004372869;7:
> > 2732317809650829;6:
> > I’m of the belief that digital is superior, but options for people who want them is a positive regardless.
>
>
> Just look at OnLive. They were a company that let you stream games from servers. No huge machine, just a small box and a controller. All else you needed was a monthy subscription and high speed internet. Guess what? They went under, now, all the games people bought through OnLive have gone POOF, and their money with it. Anyone that played OnLive now has nothing, especially if they focused on that more than other gaming. Digital sure is great, huh?

Steam would suggest otherwise.

> 2533275004372869;7:
> > 2732317809650829;6:
>
>

As a PC gamer I’m going to go ahead and say yes. Digital is fantastic. Being able to log into steam on separate machines and have my entire games library right there is pretty friggin sweet.

Also, Onlive was pretty god awful. I mean the idea is cool and everything, but in practice it was pretty abysmal in my experience. The latency was what made it garbage even with a fantastic connection. But good on you for cherry picking a terrible example and completely ignoring Steam which has been going for 12 years.

Cool.