Halo 5: LCE Disk

I know there have been far too many threads about the Halo 5 Limited Collector’s Edition disk, especially now that it’s been confirmed we’ll get an option to switch it out, but I’m getting a bit worried now.

It can’t be too long until Halo 5 goes gold, and production of the copies begins, meaning that it’ll be too late to upgrade (or that upgrades are limited). To make matters worse, in the recent unboxing video of all the Halo 5 editions, no mention is made of the option to switch to a disk - they just said we’ll get codes.

Does anyone know if they’ve said anything on the matter since they announced it a couple of months ago? I’m really worried that either I’ve missed my chance to upgrade, or that they’ve cancelled the option entirely…

They haven’t cancelled the ability to switch and you haven’t missed the window, we’re still waiting on the details being released.

> 2533274813317074;2:
> They haven’t cancelled the ability to switch and you haven’t missed the window, we’re still waiting on the details being released.

Ah, thanks for clarifying this for me. Very helpful!

• 343 have to take in the fact of the game shops that are sell the lce ther returns and exchanges policy so some shops may not do the switch

Not sure, but digital is awesome man, seriously.

I’ve got mine with Game and it says even though i can download the game on 20th i cannot play it till 27th when the game is released so what is the point of a digital version other than ripping off fans?

I too would like a disk and hope if Game don’t offer something 343 offer alternate means to exchange the code.

> 2533274794344648;6:
> I’ve got mine with Game and it says even though i can download the game on 20th i cannot play it till 27th when the game is released so what is the point of a digital version other than ripping off fans?
>
> I too would like a disk and hope if Game don’t offer something 343 offer alternate means to exchange the code.

The game will take a decent amount of time to install, so having a digital version will allow you to play the game the second the clock strikes midnight (or whatever time it will actually be playable). To me it is absolutely imperative that I play it the second it is available, I’m first at getting all of the Halo achievements, and having the game available ASAP is an advantage I need to keep that title. For some people it isnt worth it, for me it is.

i guess its down to individuals. Usually if you install up to 15% it lets you play the game and pretty much all standard deliveries get the game to you a day early so again plenty of time to install. seeing as the LCE is £200 it’s not right that you don’t get a disk and all cheaper/standard versions are all with the game disk.