Halo 5 - Lack of Old Medals

I don’t know if its just me but I started playing old Halos again via MCC and I have noticed the older Halos have a lot of medals that are no longer in 5 and I honestly think that 343 should add them back in. (I would at least greatly appreciate it.)
But I miss medals like:

• Killjoy - End an enemy Spree - Reload this - kill an enemy that is reloading - Comeback kill - get a kill after dying 3 times in a row - The Splatter Spree medals like Sunday driver. - Power Weapon Spree medals (like for Shotgun and Sniper) - etcI mean there are a lot of good medals we no longer have and I feel that we should get them back because they are really good medals (like at least the first two)

What do you, the community (and 343 if you care to join in) think?

Anyone know why they got removed? I miss these medals :frowning:

> 2533274924401014;2:
> Anyone know why they got removed? I miss these medals :frowning:

I honestly don’t know man. I’m sort of wondering this myself.

I want to see power weapon medals return to arena (like Halo 4)

> 2535416779313841;4:
> I want to see power weapon medals return to arena (like Halo 4)

I wouldn’t be against it

We now have a medal for getting a kill. I mean, really!? Does Halo really need to cater to the everyone gets a trophy people? Ugh.

IMO, there’s too many medals and they’re lacking in distinguishing features. Quality over quantity should be the case for H6.

I can’t speak to those medals specifically, but there’s always a balancing act with number of medals. You may remember that Halo 5’s beta had a lot of medals included, but due to player feedback were toned down significantly in the final release. Ideally medals should be special, and players should feel accomplished whenever receiving them so a quality over quantity approach usually reigns supreme.

> 2533274794445927;7:
> I can’t speak to those medals specifically, but there’s always a balancing act with number of medals. You may remember that Halo 5’s beta had a lot of medals included, but due to player feedback were toned down significantly in the final release. Ideally medals should be special, and players should feel accomplished whenever receiving them so a quality over quantity approach usually reigns supreme.

Driver medals? There is not a whole lot reasons someone would like to be the driver anymore. Those should have stayed.
Other than that killjoy was a great sound to hear:)

> 2533274794445927;7:
> I can’t speak to those medals specifically, but there’s always a balancing act with number of medals. You may remember that Halo 5’s beta had a lot of medals included, but due to player feedback were toned down significantly in the final release. Ideally medals should be special, and players should feel accomplished whenever receiving them so a quality over quantity approach usually reigns supreme.

I mean, I understand that but medals that I mentioned feel of quality. They aren’t really quantity style medals they have to be earned pretty well.

• Killjoy - Shutting down a person on a spree. (makes you feel like you shot down a high priority target) - Reload this - Killing someone Reloading; I mean you could argue that it could be a quantity (knowing you caught someone with their pants down XD sounds decently rare) - Comeback kill - get a kill after dying (x amount of) times in a row (I mean I don’t care that much about this one but its more of a quantity medal although it gives people that are struggling in like warzone a little pick me up after you get a kill when you get stomped on in WZ) - Power Weapon Sprees - Not saying you have to include a bunch but its nice to see if you are/ another person is getting sprees with one type of power weapon.

> 2533274874616028;8:
> > 2533274794445927;7:
> > I can’t speak to those medals specifically, but there’s always a balancing act with number of medals. You may remember that Halo 5’s beta had a lot of medals included, but due to player feedback were toned down significantly in the final release. Ideally medals should be special, and players should feel accomplished whenever receiving them so a quality over quantity approach usually reigns supreme.
>
> Driver medals? There is not a whole lot reasons someone would like to be the driver anymore. Those should have stayed.
> Other than that killjoy was a great sound to hear:)

• Driver/Splatter Sprees - I really think these should be added it would give a huge boost to the morale of drivers in WZ and BTB (and I will quote the other guy XDI mean I understand what you mean but with that said I feel most if not all of these are of quality and should be recognized. If you understand what I’m sayin.

> 2727626560040591;6:
> We now have a medal for getting a kill. I mean, really!? Does Halo really need to cater to the everyone gets a trophy people? Ugh.
>
> IMO, there’s too many medals and they’re lacking in distinguishing features. Quality over quantity should be the case for H6.

I mean I think a generic kill is scraping the bottom of the barrel… if your going to include that as a medal why not include the following I mentioned (they are at least more prestigious)

Yeah really miss those medals although H5 has some really neat ones now too.

> 2533274848011469;10:
> Yeah really miss those medals although H5 has some really neat ones now too.

Oh yeah don’t get me wrong. I think Halo 5 has some good medals but I feel that they should build on to classic medals instead of replacing and/or removing.
if that makes sense.

I wish “Hell’s Jerome” remained for Halo 5’s Infection.

Yeah it’s a bit frustrating that we never got these medals in Halo 5.

Hey you won’t get an argument out of me against Killjoy - I’m a big fan. I think in the case of Comeback Kill it’s a bit of a negative medal (it reminds the player how many deaths straight they had, even if they hadn’t been keeping count) so it’s not quite as fun.

> 2533274794445927;14:
> Hey you won’t get an argument out of me against Killjoy - I’m a big fan. I think in the case of Comeback Kill it’s a bit of a negative medal (it reminds the player how many deaths straight they had, even if they hadn’t been keeping count) so it’s not quite as fun.

Yeah I agree, As I said with comeback kill I mean it could be nice but its kind of a sideline medal (though I mean its not really a downside if your getting steamrolled and get a kill or get a comeback kill on a killjoy lol I mean that would lift my spirits if I was getting destroyed in warzone (me personally) but Its the least important out of the ones I’ve mentioned though.)
What are your opinions on the others like Driver/Splatter Sprees like “Sunday Driver” and fun medals like “Reload This”?

Also thank you for participating in this discussion (I don’t see 343 members post on much of anything in forums) and it means a lot to me and I wish I could see you and other 343 members participate more often. (You are only the second 343 member I’ve seen post on a topic I’ve participated in or wrote (Unyshek was first XD) )

Good Luck and don’t forget to Have Fun! (and) Always be nice to your fellow players. :smiley:
-Xythazar

> 2533274794445927;14:
> Hey you won’t get an argument out of me against Killjoy - I’m a big fan. I think in the case of Comeback Kill it’s a bit of a negative medal (it reminds the player how many deaths straight they had, even if they hadn’t been keeping count) so it’s not quite as fun.

Absolutely! Comeback Medal always hurt me, when I received it in Halo 4. Though, I have to admit, it is just showing true facts. Nontheless it gives the player a stigma. That said, the beta really had too many medals and the way Halo 5 took since then, was and is good.
What I’m totally missing is the Killjoy medal. Hunting down a decent player and receiving this medal always pushed me psychologically, Should definitely be in.

Quality-wise, a must have!

> 2535410972998653;15:
> > 2533274794445927;14:
> > Hey you won’t get an argument out of me against Killjoy - I’m a big fan. I think in the case of Comeback Kill it’s a bit of a negative medal (it reminds the player how many deaths straight they had, even if they hadn’t been keeping count) so it’s not quite as fun.
>
> Yeah I agree, As I said with comeback kill I mean it could be nice but its kind of a sideline medal (though I mean its not really a downside if your getting steamrolled and get a kill or get a comeback kill on a killjoy lol I mean that would lift my spirits if I was getting destroyed in warzone (me personally) but Its the least important out of the ones I’ve mentioned though.)
> What are your opinions on the others like Driver/Splatter Sprees like “Sunday Driver” and fun medals like “Reload This”?
>
> Also thank you for participating in this discussion (I don’t see 343 members post on much of anything in forums) and it means a lot to me and I wish I could see you and other 343 members participate more often. (You are only the second 343 member I’ve seen post on a topic I’ve participated in or wrote (Unyshek was first XD) )
> -----
> Good Luck and don’t forget to Have Fun! (and) Always be nice to your fellow players. :smiley:
> -Xythazar

As someone who insists on driving the Warthog, I always liked the splatter medals. Reload This is fun but perhaps maybe too frequent? I like the fun ones the most when they’re very infrequent (like Cliffhanger).

And you bet, I like engaging here when I can. I like to visit Waypoint just about every day to see what’s on everyone’s minds. So many threads lately have been about speculation for the future and I can’t really get involved in those obviously :slight_smile:

> 2533274794445927;17:
> > 2535410972998653;15:
> > > 2533274794445927;14:
> > > -Yoink- XD
> >
> > -Yoink- XD
>
> As someone who insists on driving the Warthog, I always liked the splatter medals. Reload This is fun but perhaps maybe too frequent? I like the fun ones the most when they’re very infrequent (like Cliffhanger).
>
> And you bet, I like engaging here when I can. I like to visit Waypoint just about every day to see what’s on everyone’s minds. So many threads lately have been about speculation for the future and I can’t really get involved in those obviously :slight_smile:

That’s good to hear! I mean I only post about and participate in threads that make the community better or make the game better. The little things that make the Halo community a better place (not just for the competitive focus community) I feel that each part of the community should at least have a place where they can enjoy the game.
(Some people are really mean… I had a dude for no good reason accuse me of ruining/killing competitive Halo and told me to quit Halo because he read my forum topic on how I really enjoyed Anniversary and wished it could stay as a permanent playlist) **(sorry sorta off topic)**I love driving but idk maybe more vehicular medals (like splatter sprees) and/or maybe a more open warzone map (most maps feels a bit too tight for a lot of ground vehicles like tanks sometimes borderline warthogs) but a boost to vehicles and their usefulness or commendations would boost the use of vehicles in Warzone and maybe even BTB. Has 343 ever thought about maybe including a medal for kills while riding shotgun in a warthog? I’ve noticed a lot of people if you aren’t in a premade group or know each other people don’t like using warthogs and almost never use the passenger seat in a warthog. Have you ever thought about promoting using the passenger seat in a warthog by maybe do what you do with the gungoose and give inf frags or inf loadout ammo while riding shotgun or just even making a medal of earning the kill while riding shotgun?
**(sorry slightly off topic again but you brought up warthogs and I just keep goin :D)**I understand a lot of people just want to know what is happening next I don’t care too much I like to be surprised but I do enjoy making suggestions on current game if you/343 even care lol XD (just say so and I’ll try to stop but no promises XD)

Good Luck and don’t forget to Have Fun! (and) Always be nice to your fellow players. :smiley:
-Xythazar

> 2535410972998653;18:
> > 2533274794445927;17:
> > > 2535410972998653;15:
> > > > 2533274794445927;14:
> > > > -Yoink- XD
> > >
> > > -Yoink- XD
> >
> > As someone who insists on driving the Warthog, I always liked the splatter medals. Reload This is fun but perhaps maybe too frequent? I like the fun ones the most when they’re very infrequent (like Cliffhanger).
> >
> > And you bet, I like engaging here when I can. I like to visit Waypoint just about every day to see what’s on everyone’s minds. So many threads lately have been about speculation for the future and I can’t really get involved in those obviously :slight_smile:
>
> That’s good to hear! I mean I only post about and participate in threads that make the community better or make the game better. The little things that make the Halo community a better place (not just for the competitive focus community) I feel that each part of the community should at least have a place where they can enjoy the game.
> (Some people are really mean… I had a dude for no good reason accuse me of ruining/killing competitive Halo and told me to quit Halo because he read my forum topic on how I really enjoyed Anniversary and wished it could stay as a permanent playlist) **(sorry sorta off topic)**I love driving but idk maybe more vehicular medals (like splatter sprees) and/or maybe a more open warzone map (most maps feels a bit too tight for a lot of ground vehicles like tanks sometimes borderline warthogs) but a boost to vehicles and their usefulness or commendations would boost the use of vehicles in Warzone and maybe even BTB. Has 343 ever thought about maybe including a medal for kills while riding shotgun in a warthog? I’ve noticed a lot of people if you aren’t in a premade group or know each other people don’t like using warthogs and almost never use the passenger seat in a warthog. Have you ever thought about promoting using the passenger seat in a warthog by maybe do what you do with the gungoose and give inf frags or inf loadout ammo while riding shotgun or just even making a medal of earning the kill while riding shotgun?
> **(sorry slightly off topic again but you brought up warthogs and I just keep goin :D)**I understand a lot of people just want to know what is happening next I don’t care too much I like to be surprised but I do enjoy making suggestions on current game if you/343 even care lol XD (just say so and I’ll try to stop but no promises XD)
> -----
> Good Luck and don’t forget to Have Fun! (and) Always be nice to your fellow players. :smiley:
> -Xythazar

Of course we care, and as we look towards the future we’ll be incorporating tons of player feedback/suggestions in addition to our internal ones. Don’t let the super competitive get you down - Halo’s MP is great because it appeals to so many different players and play styles, and can be fun for everyone.

> 2533274794445927;7:

But what about medals like dream crusher? Slice and dice? Get it off? Yoink? (That would be pretty popular in halo 5 lol) or open season? They were all catchy and people felt accomplished, it showed they were skilled with the weapons they were using, and they were very interesting and unique