Halo 5 isn't the best

I know I’m not the only one that is disappointed about the way halo 5 has been handled. I know this becuase Halo fans seem to need to post, all over the place, “343 has done an amazing job with Halo 5 :D… The most post launch content of any game ever… Halo 5 is actually the best Halo game!” And they just spam post it all over the place, even if places where it makes no sense. I find this slightly hilarious that they have to constantly validate how good this game is, by shouting it all over the place, when in reality it’s enormously disappointing.

It’s full of Micro-transactions, has a disappointing campaign, no big team battle maps, no split screan/LAN support,constantly changing game mode rules, and a terrible unlock system that uses packs of random junk, instead of a worthwhile unlock system that rewards a dedicated/skilled player.

Stop sucking up to this game. If you never point out its faultst, then things will never change. I love Halo, and I only say this because I hate to see it in the state that it’s currently in. I hope one day that we’re finally given a game as good as my favorite game of all time, Halo 3. But we’ll never get there if Halo fans keep blindly praising a game that is average at best. I believe 343I is capable of great things. They just need to show a little more respect to this once great series.

Wut? People praise this games on the forums and everywhere? Either we read different sources or you are on some good stuff man. Now unto the real matter at hand. H5 has had the best post launch content no doubt about that (there is a post that lists it all I will link it upon finding it). Micro-transactions are always a thing people hate for some reason. I like them I spend 60 bucks on a game and have access to everything. Campaign wasn’t great will agree. No BTB maps? Do you mean no good BTB maps? No split screen makes me really sad but most games nowadays are doing this, and some games that still have split screen are poorly optimized and don’t run well at all. LAN I have never used to doesn’t affect me.

Micro-transaction won’t knock at your door forcing you to spend your hard earned money. Campaign is totally objective. While not as impressive as previous Halo, I did kinda like it and found it to be challenging playing Legendary. There is more than enough BTB maps. They not the best I’ve seen, but some are definitely up to par with devs maps. If that is your issue, there is not much we can do at this point. Changing game mode rules? You mean only Team Arena? Unlock system needs to be revamped, but they may keep some of the RNG for Warzone, and make it similar to reach for customization.

• Disappointing Campaign? Absolutely. - Full of Microtransactions? They could’ve been better, but they could’ve been a LOT worse. - No split-screen? Absolutely, though it doesn’t affect me that much. - Constantly changing game mode rules? What, Breakout and Team Arena? - Terrible Unlock system full of clutter and trash? Agreed.

70% of the topics are bashing this game. Have you been drinking again?

Mircos-transactions have zero impact on the game, you don’t need to spend any money to compete with anyone else, a large number of people have everything without spending a dime.

I like the req system, we already have enough people complaining. Imagine if the higher reqs had a better drop rate or if we can pick which reqs to buy then people would be crying even more.

Lol at halo 3, I’ve played all the halo’s and when it comes to multiplayer this halo is the best ever.

Yeah, I agree OP that it’s not the best in that sense. There is a lot of stuff that needs to be improved, but at the same time I still enjoy playing this rather than CoD, Titanfall or Destiny. I’ll take what I can get when I can get it. Let’s hope that Halo 6 builds upon the good they did in Halo 4 and 5, and improves/remove the bad.

Really the only thing Halo 5 did better than previous Halo games was Forge, that’s about it.

> 2535434457651384;7:
> Really the only thing Halo 5 did better than previous Halo games was Forge, that’s about it.

100% agreement from me, though I think the core Arena (not Warzone or BTB) 4v4 is a bit better than Halo 4.

> 2533274848011469;2:
> Wut? People praise this games on the forums and everywhere? Either we read different sources or you are on some good stuff man. Now unto the real matter at hand. H5 has had the best post launch content no doubt about that (there is a post that lists it all I will link it upon finding it). Micro-transactions are always a thing people hate for some reason. I like them I spend 60 bucks on a game and have access to everything. Campaign wasn’t great will agree. No BTB maps? Do you mean no good BTB maps? No split screen makes me really sad but most games nowadays are doing this, and some games that still have split screen are poorly optimized and don’t run well at all. LAN I have never used to doesn’t affect me.

LAN has been very important to Halo, especially competitive and professional Halo. MCC and Halo 5 have both seen Tournaments cancelled because of misbehaving servers. Traditionally You’d run them and much more stable, much faster LAN rather than Dedicated Servers.

> 2533274881560701;8:
> > 2535434457651384;7:
> > Really the only thing Halo 5 did better than previous Halo games was Forge, that’s about it.
>
>
> 100% agreement from me, though I think the core Arena (not Warzone or BTB) 4v4 is a bit better than Halo 4.

I would agree with that statement if it weren’t for 2 things:

1. The arena maps are so freakin’ small

2. Crappy spawns due to small maps.

> 2533274871625678;1:
> I know I’m not the only one that is disappointed about the way halo 5 has been handled. I know this becuase Halo fans seem to need to post, all over the place, “343 has done an amazing job with Halo 5 :D… The most post launch content of any game ever… Halo 5 is actually the best Halo game!” And they just spam post it all over the place, even if places where it makes no sense. I find this slightly hilarious that they have to constantly validate how good this game is, by shouting it all over the place, when in reality it’s enormously disappointing.
>
> It’s full of Micro-transactions, has a disappointing campaign, no big team battle maps, no split screan/LAN support,constantly changing game mode rules, and a terrible unlock system that uses packs of random junk, instead of a worthwhile unlock system that rewards a dedicated/skilled player.
>
> Stop sucking up to this game. If you never point out its faultst, then things will never change. I love Halo, and I only say this because I hate to see it in the state that it’s currently in. I hope one day that we’re finally given a game as good as my favorite game of all time, Halo 3. But we’ll never get there if Halo fans keep blindly praising a game that is average at best. I believe 343I is capable of great things. They just need to show a little more respect to this once great series.

The post launch was handled better than just about any Halo game since Halo 2.

Halo 3 locked you out of content you previously had access to when map packs came out. Then when ODST was going to be released, the price changed from $40 to $60 because of the map packs.

Halo Reach were moving DLC playlists around before being integrated into regular playlists, meaning that you basically have to play Triple RNG with the whole lobby to get a DLC map.

Halo 4 - 14 Day Buy and Play. That’s all that needs to be said.

Yes you have to point out the game’s faults, that’s the only way things get better. But you also have to give credit where credit is due. Blindly hating is no better than blindly praising.

I’m not really too concerned over the use of microtransactions. They’re primarily restricted to warzone and the armor’s that are obtainable through mts are pretty -Yoink- anyway.
I’m more mad over how 343 seems to developing most of the game around warzone and it taking up so many resources that could be used to expand btb or some of the arena playlists.

This Halo is so bad it has turned me off of Halo forever. I’m only here to laugh at the updates when I’m finished working.

> 2533274832368555;13:
> This Halo is so bad it has turned me off of Halo forever. I’m only here to laugh at the updates when I’m finished working.

It’s pretty sad to be honest. They can’t even reach the same level of quality that bungie did back in 2007.

I don’t think anyone said it was “the best”. I’m not really sure what “the best” means, either.

If you haven’t come across criticisms of Halo 5 on this forum, you’ve gone beyond not looking very hard. There are criticisms and complaints everywhere, everyday. Halo 5 has far from a 100% satisfaction rate.

Halo 5 isn’t the best Halo game but it’s not the worst, Halo 4 despite its good story and features holds that title.

On a side note I see nothing but hate for Halo 5 for obvious reasons, just like 4 and MCC did.

> 2535434457651384;7:
> Really the only thing Halo 5 did better than previous Halo games was Forge, that’s about it.

That’s totally opinion-based. That goes for you and the OP. OP, people have different opinions. Deal with it. I’d go in-depth, but many others have already.

> 2533274871625678;14:
> > 2533274832368555;13:
> > This Halo is so bad it has turned me off of Halo forever. I’m only here to laugh at the updates when I’m finished working.
>
>
> It’s pretty sad to be honest. They can’t even reach the same level of quality that bungie did back in 2007.

And why is that? Also, why does age mean less quality?

> 2533274832368555;13:
> This Halo is so bad it has turned me off of Halo forever. I’m only here to laugh at the updates when I’m finished working.

So you’re just here to spread toxicity and hate when you’re not even going to buy and play the games anymore?