Halo 5 is what Halo 4 should've been

Seeing the recent Halo 5’s b-rolls, this is my only thought on the game. The campaign, warzone, war games; everything seems to be in a very specific place for a very specific reason.

The art direction finally kicked in at full potential. I think one of the greatest problems with Halo 4’s overall design was its art direction. It was a weird combination between the old and new Halo, making it seem odd and sometimes even out of place. The new redesign of weapons and vehicles now look more realistic and natural to their purposes, environments, and more importantly, their factions. The color palette now looks more vivid and natural, instead of the green and grey that Halo 4 used on many of its assets. It actually reminds me of Halo 3.

The Promethean faction finally received the overhaul it deserved. Their weapons now respond differently than other weapons in the sandbox and are no longer just generic firearms with different skins. The Promethean enemies received new ranks that respond differently, and the new Promethean soldiers now seem like a natural evolution of Halo enemies - they speak human languages. The Covenant are back to their roots and speak English as well, making them terrifying but also charismatic.

The storyline is now less personal and focus on a set of different characters, points of view and emotions. Forerunners are once again a mysterious species rather than a sudden threat that the UNSC’s trying to ignore. The Sangheili Separatists, now Swords of Sangheilios, return once more instead of being absent without reason, and are actually returning to the gameplay as well.

And of course, its multiplayer. For the first time in many years, Halo evolved in a direction that pleases both core-fans and the general audience, being both modern and classic with well-thought mechanics that work in a competitive and casual way depending on the player’s performance.

To me, Halo 5 is a natural evolution of old Halos, instead of an intent to reboot the franchise.
Halo 5 lives to its title.

I liked Halo 4.

> 2533274938678576;2:
> I liked Halo 4.

It was a good game, but it felt more like a sequel to Reach rather than a sequel to Halo 3.

Ffs, Halo is more than just the storyline. It’s multiplayer as well. Get over this one or the other crap.

This is the game that shouldve came after reach

> 2533274938678576;4:
> Ffs, Halo is more than just the storyline. It’s multiplayer as well. Get over this one or the other crap.

I don’t see how that adds to anything that I stated.

> 2533274938678576;4:
> Ffs, Halo is more than just the storyline. It’s multiplayer as well. Get over this one or the other crap

Halo can be whatever someone wants, it doesn’t have to be both

> 2533274875903884;6:
> > 2533274938678576;4:
> > Ffs, Halo is more than just the storyline. It’s multiplayer as well. Get over this one or the other crap.
>
>
> I don’t see how that adds to anything that I stated.

Claiming it’s a ‘sequel’ to Reach (Which in itself is just not true, or even close to being true), means you’re hinting at the storyline. It had a great multiplayer aspect, and the storyline was solid. It had NOTHING to do with Reach, in any way. Just because it added in the layouts and armor abilities doesn’t make it a sequel. This sort of thought process is the reason why people assume Halo 5 will be the same as MCC. Even with massive evidence to the contrary.

> 2533274938678576;8:
> > 2533274875903884;6:
> > > 2533274938678576;4:
> > > Ffs, Halo is more than just the storyline. It’s multiplayer as well. Get over this one or the other crap.
> >
> >
> > I don’t see how that adds to anything that I stated.
>
>
> Claiming it’s a ‘sequel’ to Reach (Which in itself is just not true, or even close to being true), means you’re hinting at the storyline. It had a great multiplayer aspect, and the storyline was solid. It had NOTHING to do with Reach, in any way. Just because it added in the layouts and armor abilities doesn’t make it a sequel. This sort of thought process is the reason why people assume Halo 5 will be the same as MCC. Even with massive evidence to the contrary.

I was not hitting at the storyline but at the game direction as a whole. The art direction obviously borrowed assets from Reach and at the same time used its own art direction, making it seem like we were playing with both new and placeholder assets. It seem weird to have new “organic” looking enemies with futuristic Banshees, for an example.
The storyline in Halo 4 was probably the best in a Halo game, but sometimes it felt too personal, which I think was the purpose of the game. It was a good foundation to Halo 5’s events, I’ll admit.
I don’t dislike Halo 4 at all, but I think Halo 5 succeeds by a mile as a good Halo game.

How would you know? The game isn’t even out yet. As far as you know the story is worse than four or any other halo game.