Halo 5 is unplayable outide US

Make servers in Europe ,

In call of duty , I can get 30 / 8 KD if I was the host

In BF4 , 60 / 35 in Europe servers

And I am not from Europe . I am from Saudi Arabia

In Halo , 5 / 15 or 20 KD . Why ?

Sometimes I can’t get one single kill

Obviously my skill is not the problem , because I keep getting good kills in other games

The ping is the problem , it gives a major advantage to US players . no wonder why the game is losing players . This game has been around 7 months , what is going on 343 ? Fix your game

You are implying , If you are not from the US , this game is not for you

Last update helped a bit . I started using Focused matchmaking , for the first time I made 7 kills

No offense but maybe you aren’t good in Halo? I say this because I suck at all the games you listed but can hold my own in Halo. In my opinion it takes more skill to get kills in Halo as opposed to the games you listed where imo it’s just the 1st person who pulls the trigger.

Agree with bond Halo makes you fight for each kill alot of tactics you need to learn. Am not great but can hold my own in arena.

BlondeJamesBond non taken

It’s a possibility but it’s not the reason . I don’t think you would understand unless if you were outside USA region

Don’t draw an assumption , and treat as fact because you like the game , you don’t want to listen others feedback because you don’t have this problem

I am sure this isn’t the first complain regarding matchmaking , 343 have responded to European player indicating this patch will make it better .

I was really good at Halo Reach / Halo 3. I can make some kills and contribute to win the game .

> 2533274806133193;2:
> No offense but maybe you aren’t good in Halo? I say this because I suck at all the games you listed but can hold my own in Halo. In my opinion it takes more skill to get kills in Halo as opposed to the games you listed where imo it’s just the 1st person who pulls the trigger.

While I agree Halo takes more skill, OP’s concerns are correct. outside of the US and remote areas of UK Halo 5 apparently plays like garbage, which only means the servers are further away then we have been led to believe. And by further away I mean exclusively U.S.

Yeah I definitely have no idea about matchmaking outside US lol guess I would have to try it for myself but I could see how it could be a problem. Since Halo is my passion I’m glad I don’t have to find out :slight_smile:

Connection definitely plays a part in being able to play consistently and if you disagree, obviously you have a great connection.

i think halo takes more accuracy and not skill. I play alot of BF4 and that requires alot of strategy to do good, i often have a 10+ k/d in matches from sneaking around people and being stealthy. Cod is running in circles spraying all over and halo is headshot accuracy or running and gunning with AR and spartan charge.

Halo takes much longer to get used to than other games.

High ping to a foreign server is a killer in this game. Its make it difficult to compete. I’d say for average to crap players such as myself your rank is effectively a full class lower than it would be on local connections.

Halo on a foreign connection is frustrating, though I remember playing COD: Modern Warfare on USA hosts. I was plain unplayable for me.

The focused and balanced searching work well in theory, but only where local populations are large enough for 343i’s match making algorithms to work properly. The playing population here is very very poor in Arena.

> 2533274806381228;9:
> The focused and balanced searching work well in theory, but only where local populations are large enough for 343i’s match making algorithms to work properly. The playing population here is very very poor in Arena.

Pretty much. Team Arena is golden for me now on focused. But BTB has no local (australian) pop apparently.

yeah skill sometimes is a big factor, im great in the other games but halo gets me…dont get me wrong lag is -Yoink- in all of them

Thanks for all the comments

P2p is a valid solution . Or creating European servers

In cod , I have made a thread that the game wasn’t playable lately in our region . I have requested a p2p

Within 24 hours , they have made my wishes true

Now I am having a blast . With p2p

On us severs games are tough for an eu player, with shots never registering and consequently being heavily underranked from losing matches just because of connection. At onyx 1800 level outstrafing a player so they miss enough times so you can 8 shot someone (half the shots dont connect) gets harder and harder. I know in reality i am probably closer to onyx 2000 or higher if i could play on my home server all the time. Some, but not all, American players have no clue as to how blammed over us brits are by us servers. At least a quarter of a second delay but more like a whole second at times. How am i supposef to kill a strafing opponent then?

Focused works in theory. When it works shots connect beautifully and you are on your home server. Your skill shines through, even in ffa. BUT you still get games on us servers sometimes or suspiciously very laggy ones tgat suggest us servers (the matches i finish less than 2nd councidentally…), and cos im on focused now i get 1 match an hour during the week. Cos i got to 1809 onyx last season on us servers i want to try for onyx now my kd ratio is climbing back up rapidly, but i just cant get the games i need at onyx 1834 now. But if i play on another setting i will end up on us servers and get unfair games. I am in a catch 22 and feel 343 are not doing enough.

If we had region lock toggle i could play on default but 343 did not do that. Its like they dont care about high onyx eu players.