Halo 5 is so good i wouldn't mind paying for DLC

People like to complain a lot but let’s be real here- Halo 5 is one of the best Halos in the series, hands down. It is most definitely lacking in the content and UI department, but the gameplay is so amazing i would totally be fine with paying 50 bucks for a season pass, with different map packs. I think a lot of people would actually like that, assuming 343i keep it to map packs only like the previous games, continue making the free req dlc, and they don’t make the wrong decision of having armors or reqs be paid dlc only or something along those lines. The extra income from these map packs, coupled with the income from req packs would probably make it easier to make non-forge, built from the ground up maps as well.(As far as i know) Your thoughts?

i almost didnt buy halo 5 and that would of made it a no for me.

> 2533274805919869;2:
> i almost didnt buy halo 5 and that would of made it a no for me.

Yea but deciding whether or not it would be good before trying it would have been a mistake imo, the gameplay is top notch, so i think that makes paying for maps worth it. If they added more content and made the UI not look like poo poo,(which i’m sure they will eventually) people would buy it. I mean Halo 3 had amazing gameplay, good UI, and a ton of content. People were dying to buy the map packs when they came out.

Having the REQ system makes it so you should never have to pay for DLC. Don’t put this idea in their head, OP.

i played the beta and everything and yea i did buy the halo 3 stuff but i stopped buying games that sell you a shell and then put a season pass ontop of it its why im not getting the division.

The problem that Halo has always had is a low population further segregated by DLC maps. The DLC maps could not be played as much, since not everyone payed for DLC. The solution is what we have now. Microtransactions in exchange for everyone having access to all maps. Although I am against microtransactions, the system is fair enough and the tradeoff is arguably justified. My only concern is the quality of the free DLC we’ve been given. In my opinion, the January DLC was disappointing.

Since when are season passes $50? The only game I know is Battlefront and that is a rip off for what you are getting.

I would too, depends though

Paid dlc means orignal maps free updates means repetitive forge maps that people complain about concerning lack of originality I prefer seperate paid DLC because the content was much better

> 2533274884269477;6:
> The problem that Halo has always had is a low population further segregated by DLC maps. The DLC maps could not be played as much, since not everyone payed for DLC. The solution is what we have now. Microtransactions in exchange for everyone having access to all maps. Although I am against microtransactions, the system is fair enough and the tradeoff is arguably justified. My only concern is the quality of the free DLC we’ve been given. In my opinion, the January DLC was disappointing.

This is a problem in Battlefield hardline the people who bought the DLC are asking them devs to release the maps for free because they cant find games on them.

I’d pay for DLC…

The only problem with that is the community will be split because not everyone will buy it.

i even uninstalled hardline and BF4 because it couldn’t play certain things because i didnt buy the maps lol

I would pay for DLC in a heartbeat for this game. But I still think the DLC’s should be paid for by the REQ system. Not in-addition-to. The REQ system alone has drawn in well over 1.5mil for the game. I think this should money should be used to provide DLC’s for the fanbase.

Just my personal opinion.

This no paid DLC format is a blessing. Quietly excuse yourself from this community if you intend on posting more nonsensical rubbish like this. Please and thank you.

Or 343 could do like Halo 2 and 3 where you paid for the maps to play earlyand 3 months later they would be free for everyone else. That was nice because you could just play the new maps in their on playlist and really enjoy them and then eventually they were add to all other playlist.

I agree Halo 5 is great. It gets a lot of unnecessary hate for being different. It’s one of the best gameplay wise. I know the req system is that great but if it wasn’t for it we’d have to pay for season passes and map packs. It’s the worse of two evils. It also isn’t that bad.

Let’s not tempt fate!

In my opinion, season passes are absolutely despicable. They are THE most rotten practice in an industry full of them. I’m actually okay with how Halo 5 did it. They implemented a system where paying is entirely not necessary to get the most out of the game and gave us DLC for free. While you could argue that they’re just giving us what they should have had at launch, most games (Destiny, Battlefront) are doing the same thing and charging inordinately large prices for it. While I’m no fan of RNG, I’m pretty content with how 343 integrated this.

I wouldn’t pay money for the kind of DLC we’ve received.