Halo 5 is going to be the best halo yet because

Why?

H5 is going to be… A generic shooter.

It just hits the tooth of time. Fast powerful team based action. damn I love this game already!!!

We get to play both Master Chief and Spartan Locke from Nightfall. Hope the Prometheans returns.

Because of how much more Effort 343 is putting into HALO 5 compared to any other Halo’s I’ve seen! The extra story, the Hunt The Truth website about Master Chief, the hella extra trailers, and the HardWork they are putting to Hype this Game. More then any other game I have ever seen!
Every Halo Fan & just shooter game fan needs to come together an Buy this Game when it comes out on October 27th 2015! Cuz if we all get the game it will have a lot of people online an even make the experience 10x better! Can’t wait to play! The competitive Rankings are gona be awesome to ! :raised_hands:

Because of the ending.

It’s new, refreshing and very familiar

thing we have really seen is the multiplayer beta but I don’t know really what it has to offer yet.

Why

Halo campaign

halo multiplayer with new features and a modern feel. More useful weapons, even starts, map weapon control and team work are important again. The mechanics feel like a new generic now, instead Of A the Old Generic Mechanics that the majority of fps players turn away from.

Theater with new features, like watching your friends play as they play.

Best Forge yet

Awesome Firefight/spartan ops

Custom games, hopefully better so far all we know is you can disable sprint, and the abilities.

1080p and 60fps.

visible skill rank, I like the rank, but hate the trash talkers, and the boosters that come with it.

There are more things like armor customization, new game types, the power of the Xbox one compared to the 360.

it won’t be because sprint.

> 2533274866682248;9:
> it won’t be because sprint.

Aw you have MCC go bring your negativity there.

Sigh, I can’t believe how far E3 is, still. Time moves so slowly!

Because of how 343i is handling Halo 5’s campaign and story.

Well, despite a certain few controversial game mechanics (read, ‘all of them to varying degrees’), most players (many of them very skeptical about Halo 5, including myself) found the MP to be astoundingly good in its Beta form, which says a lot, saying as how Halo 4’s MP wasn’t even close to this much fun, and it was a complete game. So, as far as I’m concerned, 343i has MP covered (besides a specific certain gameplay mechanic, but we all know that’s not going anywhere anytime soon. Oh well, I guess).

Halo 4 had a great campaign, so I’m not terribly worried about 343i’s ability to make a fun campaign and tell a good story (just maybe not so much lore from the books and comics next time? I don’t really know anything about the lore outside the games, so Halo 4 confused me a bit).

Given the reasons I have stated above, I think it’s OK for people to get at least a little excited for Halo 5.

> 2533274883849234;10:
> > 2533274866682248;9:
> > it won’t be because sprint.
>
>
> Aw you have MCC go bring your negativity there.

The forums aren’t just for opinions that you agree with. Deal with it.

> 2533274866682248;14:
> > 2533274883849234;10:
> > > 2533274866682248;9:
> > > it won’t be because sprint.
> >
> >
> > Aw you have MCC go bring your negativity there.
>
>
> The forums aren’t just for opinions that you agree with. Deal with it.

Ah but this is a thread for the people who like Halo 5. Not people like you who have to ruin the fun. And honestly just shut up about sprint because it’s just as much apart of Halo as Chief himself.

> 2779230305773944;5:
> Because of how much more Effort 343 is putting into HALO 5 compared to any other Halo’s I’ve seen! The extra story, the Hunt The Truth website about Master Chief, the hella extra trailers, and the HardWork they are putting to Hype this Game. More then any other game I have ever seen!
> Every Halo Fan & just shooter game fan needs to come together an Buy this Game when it comes out on October 27th 2015! Cuz if we all get the game it will have a lot of people online an even make the experience 10x better! Can’t wait to play! The competitive Rankings are gona be awesome to ! :raised_hands:

You must be new to Halo?! Halo 2 and 3 had amazing ARG’s, trailers, Live Action trailers, ViDocs and so on…
I don’t see “more effort” been put into H5G than into any other major Halo…

> 2533274866682248;9:
> it won’t be because sprint.

Lol.

Can we just give up on the sprint “debate” already? Seriously, I don’t want it either but its NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL. I’ts not worth all the arguing and posturing and butt-hurt attitudes. Just accept the fact that 1) it takes 1 second to reach full speed during which you can get knocked back to base speed, 2) shields don’t recharge while sprinting 3) it takes LONGER for you shields to start to recharge after you stop sprinting then if you never sprinted at all and 4) the delta between sprint and base speed has been reduced since the beta making it less of a difference maker. That’s about as nerfed as its going to get and is a significant departure from prior games and the way “other” franchises handle sprint.

If you make peace with it now, you will have a much better time with the game when it is released. Be happy with all of the other crap that has been completely removed instead of focusing on the one aspect that is left that you don’t like and that has been nerfed considerably. The debate about sprint that raged during the beta and shortly after, prompted 343 to make changes to sprint to nerf it further as well as include a custom option to disable it entirely. And i bet my hairy white -Yoink- there will be “classic” or “hardcore” playlists and gametypes that have sprint disabled in MM.

There are some things to be rather happy about regarding sprint even if you don’t want it, so lets focus on those (as i have chose to do, despite wanting sprint gone) and enjoy the game more because of it. Discounting an entire game because of one mechanic that you aren’t even utilizing the majority of the time is foolish.

> 2533274801973487;16:
> > 2779230305773944;5:
> > Because of how much more Effort 343 is putting into HALO 5 compared to any other Halo’s I’ve seen! The extra story, the Hunt The Truth website about Master Chief, the hella extra trailers, and the HardWork they are putting to Hype this Game. More then any other game I have ever seen!
> > Every Halo Fan & just shooter game fan needs to come together an Buy this Game when it comes out on October 27th 2015! Cuz if we all get the game it will have a lot of people online an even make the experience 10x better! Can’t wait to play! The competitive Rankings are gona be awesome to ! :raised_hands:
>
>
> You must be new to Halo?! Halo 2 and 3 had amazing ARG’s, trailers, Live Action trailers, ViDocs and so on…
> I don’t see “more effort” been put into H5G than into any other major Halo…

that is true! buzz buzz buzzzzzz

I will say, I do see a much more honest attempt to take fan feedback and incorporate it into the game with 343 than Bungie. A lot more. The other halo “beta’s” were really just multiplayer previews to stress test the network, not actually an honest attempt at getting feedback to change the game itself. The Halo 5 beta is cleary different in that regard, so i’ll give 343 credit for that.

> 2533274798578400;18:
> > 2533274801973487;16:
> > > 2779230305773944;5:
> > > Because of how much more Effort 343 is putting into HALO 5 compared to any other Halo’s I’ve seen! The extra story, the Hunt The Truth website about Master Chief, the hella extra trailers, and the HardWork they are putting to Hype this Game. More then any other game I have ever seen!
> > > Every Halo Fan & just shooter game fan needs to come together an Buy this Game when it comes out on October 27th 2015! Cuz if we all get the game it will have a lot of people online an even make the experience 10x better! Can’t wait to play! The competitive Rankings are gona be awesome to ! :raised_hands:
> >
> >
> > You must be new to Halo?! Halo 2 and 3 had amazing ARG’s, trailers, Live Action trailers, ViDocs and so on…
> > I don’t see “more effort” been put into H5G than into any other major Halo…
>
>
> that is true! buzz buzz buzzzzzz
>
> I will say, I do see a much more honest attempt to take fan feedback and incorporate it into the game with 343 than Bungie. A lot more. The other halo “beta’s” were really just multiplayer previews to stress test the network, not actually an honest attempt at getting feedback to change the game itself. The Halo 5 beta is cleary different in that regard, so i’ll give 343 credit for that.

343 doesn’t really have a chance there…H4 was a disaster, no matter how much a few of you liked it…
It had huge sales but, compared to the sales, no one kept playing! 343 has to create a game that peolpe actually want to play again otherwise Halo will not be much of a system seller any longer!
(I think it will be much more succesfull than H4, but it will not come close to the popularity H1-3 (+Reach) had )

> 2533274801973487;19:
> > 2533274798578400;18:
> > that is true! buzz buzz buzzzzzz
> >
> > I will say, I do see a much more honest attempt to take fan feedback and incorporate it into the game with 343 than Bungie. A lot more. The other halo “beta’s” were really just multiplayer previews to stress test the network, not actually an honest attempt at getting feedback to change the game itself. The Halo 5 beta is cleary different in that regard, so i’ll give 343 credit for that.
>
>
> 343 doesn’t really have a chance there…H4 was a disaster, no matter how much a few of you liked it…
> It had huge sales but, compared to the sales, no one kept playing! 343 has to create a game that peolpe actually want to play again otherwise Halo will not be much of a system seller any longer!
> (I think it will be much more succesfull than H4, but it will not come close to the popularity H1-3 (+Reach) had )

Right.

The problem is that success is measured differently now. With Halo 1-3, the competition in the online space for console shooters was scarce. Now it is must more heated. Multiple CoDs, battlefields, MMOs coming to consoles, Battlefront, etc. I’m not saying that H1-3 didn’t have stiff competition, just that there wasn’t as large a variety of competition.

The days of hitting 300,000 peak players 2 years after launch for a single console exclusive are over. If Halo 5 can hit 100k players occasionally 1 year after launch, it will be a great success imo.