Halo 5 Is Different, But It's Still Halo

After seven years, every single cell in your body would have been replaced. Does that mean that you are no longer the same person, are you somehow someone completely different? No. You are still you, a modified you, who has been changed. Halo 5 is still a Halo game, it keeps core aspects, but other parts of the game have changed. Change isn’t something we can escape, would everyone like a H2 clone, because that’s the best Halo game? No, no they wouldn’t. Halo would just die. Gamers want originality and excitement, and hating a game because it wasn’t made by Bungie, or wasn’t a copy and paste job is just stupid. Halo 5 has a great multiplayer, brand new mechanics, awesome gunfights and an okay story. It is an awesome game, whether you like it or not.

It’s an awesome game with great mechanics but it’s suffering from a lack of variety. Hopefully the next few updates will bring enough variety to bring back plenty of players!

That is a terrible analogy. Old cells die off and are replaced by cells that are identical and serve the exact same function. If a cell does something else than its predecessor then it’s called a tumor.

Gamers also want consistency. A sequel is supposed to be like seconds at a meal. When you had amazing food and ask for a refill, you don’t go “I really liked this dish, so give me something completely different so I don’t get bored by the same amazing taste”.

> 2533274801176260;3:
> That is a terrible analogy. Old cells die off and are replaced by cells that are identical and serve the exact same function. If a cell does something else than its predecessor then it’s called a tumor.
>
> Gamers also want consistency. A sequel is supposed to be like seconds at a meal. When you had amazing food and ask for a refill, you don’t go “I really liked this dish, so give me something completely different so I don’t get bored by the same amazing taste”.

You make some good points. That really is a bad analogy. But the meal thing isn’t really a good analogy either because a persons taste can vary even by day. Somtimes I want the same food over and over, sometimes I need food that I hadn’t even thought of for a long time. But I understand it and OPs analogy just fine. They dont always need to be perfect to get the point across in my opinion. Btw, your name is pretty cool dude.

> 2535427449854650;1:
> Halo 5 has a mediocre multiplayer, stolen mechanics copypasted from other franchises, decent gunfights and an atrocious story. It is a subpar game, whether you like it or not.

Also, fix’d.

> 2533274801176260;5:
> > 2535427449854650;1:
> > Halo 5 has a mediocre multiplayer, stolen mechanics copypasted from other franchises, decent gunfights and an atrocious story. It is a subpar game, whether you like it or not.
>
>
> Also, fix’d.

Which mechanics are the biggest dealbreakers for you? I’m pretty sure I know you are anti sprint. And we all hate Spartan charge. So how do you feel about the groundpound, ads, stabilize, and clamber mechanics? Do hate all of them or are some more tolerable than others?

> 2535427449854650;1:
> After seven years, every single cell in your body would have been replaced. Does that mean that you are no longer the same person, are you somehow someone completely different? No. You are still you, a modified you, who has been changed. Halo 5 is still a Halo game, it keeps core aspects, but other parts of the game have changed. Change isn’t something we can escape, would everyone like a H2 clone, because that’s the best Halo game? No, no they wouldn’t. Halo would just die. Gamers want originality and excitement, and hating a game because it wasn’t made by Bungie, or wasn’t a copy and paste job is just stupid. Halo 5 has a great multiplayer, brand new mechanics, awesome gunfights and an okay story. It is an awesome game, whether you like it or not.

It still need to be discussed?? WE BACK, thats all i know

Halo is more about the gun/armour/vehicle design for me than anything else. Only a little bit the gameplay.

I agree with your point, but that analogy was -Yoink-.

> 2533274839077070;6:
> > 2533274801176260;5:
> > > 2535427449854650;1:
> > > Halo 5 has a mediocre multiplayer, stolen mechanics copypasted from other franchises, decent gunfights and an atrocious story. It is a subpar game, whether you like it or not.
> >
> >
> > Also, fix’d.
>
>
> Which mechanics are the biggest dealbreakers for you? I’m pretty sure I know you are anti sprint. And we all hate Spartan charge. So how do you feel about the groundpound, ads, stabilize, and clamber mechanics? Do hate all of them or are some more tolerable than others?

Sprint and ADS. Don’t care about the rest. They can leave clamber in as long it’s an addition to high-jumps, not a replacement. Groundpound and stabilize feel more pointless to me than irritating but they don’t break the game, imo. Spartan charge could also work if it were implemented differently (like a charged punch where you need to hold down the button fore increased power). But I’m not buying a single “Halo” game anymore that has sprint, ADS and lacks splitscreen. Those three things are base requirements to me.

> 2533274801176260;10:
> > 2533274839077070;6:
> > > 2533274801176260;5:
> > > > 2535427449854650;1:
> > > > Halo 5 has a mediocre multiplayer, stolen mechanics copypasted from other franchises, decent gunfights and an atrocious story. It is a subpar game, whether you like it or not.
> > >
> > >
> > > Also, fix’d.
> >
> >
> > Which mechanics are the biggest dealbreakers for you? I’m pretty sure I know you are anti sprint. And we all hate Spartan charge. So how do you feel about the groundpound, ads, stabilize, and clamber mechanics? Do hate all of them or are some more tolerable than others?
>
>
> Sprint and ADS. Don’t care about the rest. They can leave clamber in as long it’s an addition to high-jumps, not a replacement. Groundpound and stabilize feel more pointless to me than irritating but they don’t break the game, imo. Spartan charge could also work if it were implemented differently (like a charged punch where you need to hold down the button fore increased power). But I’m not buying a single “Halo” game anymore that has sprint, ADS and lacks splitscreen. Those three things are base requirements to me.

Fair enough. I’m in agreement with quite a few of your points. I still have fun in the game, but I feel that sprint is fairly pointless and that nerfing jumps was too. Split screen definitely ought to be coming back next game too. Thanks for sharing.

> 2533274801176260;10:
> > 2533274839077070;6:
> > > 2533274801176260;5:
> > > > 2535427449854650;1:
> > > > Halo 5 has a mediocre multiplayer, stolen mechanics copypasted from other franchises, decent gunfights and an atrocious story. It is a subpar game, whether you like it or not.
> > >
> > >
> > > Also, fix’d.
> >
> >
> > Which mechanics are the biggest dealbreakers for you? I’m pretty sure I know you are anti sprint. And we all hate Spartan charge. So how do you feel about the groundpound, ads, stabilize, and clamber mechanics? Do hate all of them or are some more tolerable than others?
>
>
> Sprint and ADS. Don’t care about the rest. They can leave clamber in as long it’s an addition to high-jumps, not a replacement. Groundpound and stabilize feel more pointless to me than irritating but they don’t break the game, imo. Spartan charge could also work if it were implemented differently (like a charged punch where you need to hold down the button fore increased power). But I’m not buying a single “Halo” game anymore that has sprint, ADS and lacks splitscreen. Those three things are base requirements to me.

Things that bother me huge is the super Low Time to kill and the intense bullet magnetism. I feel like in this halo it is extremely rare to turn on someone in this game nearly impossible. Outstrafing the BR magnestism is also nearly impossible. Also all the things that you said LOL!