halo 5 is awesome! i just needed some time

when halo 5 first came out i was already loving the multiplayer because of the beta. but the way they went about telling this new story just didnt sit well with me at first. i wrote several posts on waypoint about the negatives of the campaign and even the music. but after playing for everyday sonce launch, and playing on legendary, i have an entirely different opinion of halo 5 now. and i really like every aspect of the game seriously. i’m not just sayin this stuff. i just wanted to let the record show that even though first impressions weren’t all that great, this turned out to be an awesome game

After the first month of the game, I stopped playing. The game made me very upset as far as story goes and Req system goes. I still have my gripes with the both of them.

However, I came back a little bit after Memories of Reach was released, and I was having a blast again. I enjoyed pretty much every mode, I used to only play Breakout, and now I love Slayer, Team Arena, Breakout, Swat, BTB, Infection, Warzone Assault and Warzone Firefight.

My main gripe with Halo 5 was most likely it’s reward system and campaign, but I also hated that we were forced to play ranked matches. Once BTB, Griffball, and Infection came out, I was beyond excited!

The game still has its problems (pretty poor/one-sided matchmaking, bad spawns, I still hate how the req system is the only way to unlock anything decent, etc.)

Is it better than it’s launch? Yes it is far better. Is it a good game? Ehhhh, I think it currently sits at painfully average for me now. Took too long to get to where we are today. I still think most of the free content is mediocre. BTB got ignored, Warzone Firefight is like legendary campaign on steroids except no revives so you end up dying a crapton with massive respawn penalties from enemies who have godly accuracy with power weapons.

They still didn’t fix the initial problems of spawns and matchmaking either. I know I already mentioned it, but this is really the biggest sticking point for me in Halo 5. In fact they probably matchmaking issues with the introduction of Spartan companies. I get you want to play with friends. I like to play with friends too, but going around in a full squad of 6-8 dudes just crushing randoms isn’t exactly cool or fun for the guys getting their -Yoinks!- kicked. Honestly I don’t think it’s. That fun to be winning in those situations either.

Also, they’re still missing other popular game modes from the previous games that should’ve been at launch.

So yea I think the game is better, but I still don’t think it’s all that great. Just my two cents though.

> 2533274831961512;3:
> The game still has its problems (pretty poor/one-sided matchmaking, bad spawns, I still hate how the req system is the only way to unlock anything decent, etc.)
>
> Is it better than it’s launch? Yes it is far better. Is it a good game? Ehhhh, I think it currently sits at painfully average for me now. Took too long to get to where we are today. I still think most of the free content is mediocre. BTB got ignored, Warzone Firefight is like legendary campaign on steroids except no revives so you end up dying a crapton with massive respawn penalties from enemies who have godly accuracy with power weapons.
>
> They still didn’t fix the initial problems of spawns and matchmaking either. In fact they probably exacerbated the latter with the introduction of Spartan companies. I get you want to play with friends. I like to play with friends too, but going around in a full squad of 6-8 dudes just crushing randoms isn’t exactly cool or fun for the guys getting their -Yoinks!- kicked. Honestly I don’t think it’s. That fun to be winning in those situations either.
>
> So yea I think the game is better, but I still don’t think it’s all that great. Just my two cents though.

Your opinion is invalid!

Just kidding. I can understand what you mean that the game still has it’s problems, I see the questionable spawns a lot, especially in SWAT.