Halo 5 is Amazing, why all the hate??

So, I am kind of disappointed with the amount of people hating on such a fun game, give or take there are major problems it is just sad to see everyone who is hating on it.

Halo is not what it used to be, and it will never be again. Halo stopped being a traditional Halo when Reach came out. I remember everyone hated Reach when it came out and the same when Halo 4 came out. You people are simply not pleased because it is not the same game copy and pasted twice or more. The idea of Halo is that is has always changed, since CE-3 the game changed.

Halo has always introduced new ideas and concepts into the game each release and it always seems that right around launch that everyone hates it, but in reality its just because people take it at face value and want to complain when they are given what they wanted, everyone in this game is because of what WE as a COMMUNITY wanted. Sure, not everyone wanted it but a lot of us did.

Halo has to adapt to a new generation, Halo is a old game that is constantly competing in a race to stay popular. I have seen it time and time again where the MCC wasn’t even in the top 10 played games on the game store. Halo is not what it used to be and I feel like the old generation or original players can’t accept that because it’s something they’re not accustomed to, it’s called learning again. This game takes just as much skill as the old Halo’s have. It’s just in different places now, and you being a person who want try to learn new again won’t ever get good again because you instead complained when we are gifted with another Halo.

343i has yet again brought us another hands down amazing campaign, yet all the fans are going to do is just complain because it wasn’t long enough. Do you not understand that the campaign is 8 hours long and that is roughly the length of every Halo game? Sure the campaign is a cliff hanger but honestly is that a bad thing? Is it 343i’s fault for knowing that they are making another game and using this as a selling tactic? If a popular movie series can do this like The Hunger Games then why can’t Halo do the same? The campaign was good, and sure it had a few problems. But overall it did everything a Halo campaign should do. The idea was to bring Locke into the game as a character like Halo 2 did with Arby. This game is supposed to transition away from Master Chief and it did just that, they are trying to create a new storyline and in a way that doesn’t involving killing Chief. They did everything a movie would do so what is the problem? Why is it SO bad that Locke is the new main character? It is just like how everyone hated how Master Chief wasn’t in Halo Reach, I honestly think that Halo Reach had one of the best campaigns just like Halo 3: ODST, it shows that MASTER CHIEF IS NOT EVERYTHING. There is more to the universe than Master Chief and people need to understand that.

Now I also do understand the whole multiplayer side to, and like I have already said before, THIS IS WHAT WE WANTED. You get what you pay for, we have made complaints several times in the past and this is 343i fixing those complaints and now that everything finally learned how to deal with problems in Halo 4 we get mad when 343i Fixes them in the new Halo? Honestly? You’re going to complain about something we asked to get fixed? The Multiplayer is balanced and REQ’s don’t do anything. You can’t even use REQ’s until you get the points you need for them which require you go out of your way and attack people/enemies/objectives so honestly people are just hating it because ITS NEW and people haven’t learned about it yet. I am telling you, in 3 months or less you will understand that people are overreacting with the reviews saying the game is horrible or terrible.

If all you can do is sit down and write down every flaw of the game and tell me that because of that it’s bad you’re arrogant. Problems don’t make a game bad, its not getting those problems fixed which is what makes a game bad. Look at Call of Duty for example, a problem is that the game has OP as -Yoink- guns and when people start to complain it gets fixed. The same thing happens in Halo. It takes take and people don’t understand that, if you will just work with 343i instead of attacking them everything you want Halo to be will amazing. I can even remember back when Halo 3 came out and everything complained about how BRX methods were gone. People learned and got better. YOU must take time to learn what is put infront of you and what’s not. If you can’t sit down and play this game and enjoy it then that’s your problem, honestly if you can’t sit through the trial and error of fixing this game then you honestly don’t need to be in the Halo community. Because what the Halo community is, it’s a bunch of loyal fans who accept the changes and learn, and they don’t whine, or complain, or disrespect the fans who enjoy the game. No. They are loyal, and it is why the Halo community is so beloved. So if you’re not willing to try something new then you need to leave, take your copy and go buy Call of Duty.

I know that somebody is going to say it, so I am going to just plainly state it out for you, Yes I am aware of the spawning crisis. This is a problem but do you honestly think 343i is going to abandon a game they spent over 2 years working on in the first week? No. If you think that you’re insane and obviously never attempted Halo 4. If you don’t remember Halo 4 had the same problems in the beginning it had a lot of the same problems that Halo 5 has. Everything in time will be fixed, you must be patient.

So after reading this I hope you will understand that time heals all wounds, stop ripping the hole bigger and actually start helping instead of hurting.

People don’t like change and that is what people are dealing with Halo 5. Also if Halo doesn’t evolve like it has everyone would be complaining that is all boring because it is the same game as before. I loved every aspect of the game new or old. I am always having fun every time I boot up the game.

> 2533274800799691;2:
> People don’t like change and that is what people are dealing with Halo 5. Also if Halo doesn’t evolve like it has everyone would be complaining that is all boring because it is the same game as before. I loved every aspect of the game new or old. I am always having fun every time I boot up the game.

Exactly! This is the same problem that people are having with Call of Duty and why it is finally starting to die. It is now that people are finally understanding how copy and pasted and how unoriginal it is! Do people really want to play the same Halo game for the next 20 years? No. It has to evolve to stay popular and good.

My problem is that I don’t technically own the maps. If I were to get a new house and not have internet for a week or so I wouldn’t be able just to mess around in Custom Games offline by myself.

Besides that, I love Halo 5. Few minor slip ups here and there, but it can be patched.

> 2533274935286339;4:
> My problem is that I don’t technically own the maps. If I were to get a new house and not have internet for a week or so I wouldn’t be able just to mess around in Custom Games offline by myself.
>
> Besides that, I love Halo 5. Few minor slip ups here and there, but it can be patched.

EXACTLY. It can be patched! There is nothing wrong that can’t be patched! YES!

Yes! I couldn’t agree more!

I love what we have, its got some issues but its a good start.

I just feel like I bought half a delicious sandwich and they expect me to wait a few months for the other half of it.

> 2533274935286339;4:
> Besides that, I love Halo 5. Few minor slip ups here and there, but it can be patched.

Weren’t you the one making the thread about how he’s going to return the game after his Legendary playthrough?

> 2728966917079826;7:
> I love what we have, its got some issues but its a good start.
>
> I just feel like I bought half a delicious sandwich and they expect me to wait a few months for the other half of it.

But that is one hell of a delicious sandwich I would be more than glad to wait for to! But yes, this is just a START! It can only go UP from here!

> 2533274967651619;8:
> > 2533274935286339;4:
> > Besides that, I love Halo 5. Few minor slip ups here and there, but it can be patched.
>
>
> Weren’t you the one making the thread about how he’s going to return the game after his Legendary playthrough?

Yes, I was.

I was really upset and didn’t handle it properly, let us not talk about that.

Point is, I enjoy the game. I’ve said multiple times before in that same thread that my only issue is the one I stated above and it feels like I don’t really own the majority of the game.

> 2533274935286339;10:
> > 2533274967651619;8:
> > > 2533274935286339;4:
> > > Besides that, I love Halo 5. Few minor slip ups here and there, but it can be patched.
> >
> >
> > Weren’t you the one making the thread about how he’s going to return the game after his Legendary playthrough?
>
>
> Yes, I was.
>
> I was really upset and didn’t handle it properly, let us not talk about that.
>
> Point is, I enjoy the game. I’ve said multiple times before in that same thread that my only issue is the one I stated above and it feels like I don’t really own the majority of the game.

Ok cool, just making sure it was the same guy and I wasn’t going insane.

Glad you cooled off and are enjoying the game!

In due time, Halo 5 will be everything we wanted it to be. It set up a perfect Story for Halo 6. No complaints.

Don’t panic there are far more out there that love the game than hate it you just don’t realize because they aren’t as vocal. Its a great game, I love it, lots and lots of people love it, and then some don’t, those are the vocal ones.

Whining about whining won’t solve a whining issue. Their will always be flaws and always be people complaining on the internet about them all. Some complaints are stupid I agree, but sometimes others are needed for patchwork. It’s pointless to type all this out when trolls will be trolls and complainers will whine. However I understand where you are coming from with this argument, just know this is likely not gonna solve the complaining issues this forum has.

> 2533274839589602;14:
> Whining about whining won’t solve a whining issue. Their will always be flaws and always be people complaining on the internet about them all. Some complaints are stupid I agree, but sometimes others are needed for patchwork. It’s pointless to type all this out when trolls will be trolls and complainers will whine. However I understand where you are coming from with this argument, just know this is likely not gonna solve the complaining issues this forum has.

I feel you, and I understand that, but it needed to be said but someone and since nobody else I have seen on this entire forum to say that in due time everything will be okay I had to. I do agree with you though.

broken gameplay mechanics (bad spawns, bad aim control, massive aim deadzones) broken gameplay decisions (faster ttk imbalances weapon sandbox making weapons only have slight variations with eachother in reference to ttk) a lackluster storyline, with a massive middle of story cliffhanger, and poor begining story (remember all storys should have a beginning, a middle and a end (or twist) halo 5 has a weak begining, and it "ends in teh middle and doesn’t have a end)

> 2533274850045020;3:
> > 2533274800799691;2:
> > People don’t like change and that is what people are dealing with Halo 5. Also if Halo doesn’t evolve like it has everyone would be complaining that is all boring because it is the same game as before. I loved every aspect of the game new or old. I am always having fun every time I boot up the game.
>
>
> Exactly! This is the same problem that people are having with Call of Duty and why it is finally starting to die. It is now that people are finally understanding how copy and pasted and how unoriginal it is! Do people really want to play the same Halo game for the next 20 years? No. It has to evolve to stay popular and good.

Truth all over.

> 2535425543144837;16:
> broken gameplay mechanics (bad spawns, bad aim control, massive aim deadzones) broken gameplay decisions (faster ttk imbalances weapon sandbox making weapons only have slight variations with eachother in reference to ttk) a lackluster storyline, with a massive middle of story cliffhanger, and poor begining story (remember all storys should have a beginning, a middle and a end (or twist) halo 5 has a weak begining, and it "ends in teh middle and doesn’t have a end)

I can see what you are meaning by the story side of this, but Halo 5 is the middle game between Halo 4 and Halo 6. It perfectly continues where Halo 4 left off with the given you took the time to read the new comic and have partially watched the new Halo cinematic they released with Halo 5, not to mention the Halo Waypoint Terminals.

Also like I have said earlier about the multiplayer side, it can be fixed and it is going to be fixed all in due time as we have seen time and time again. 343i cares about the community here.

> 2533274850045020;15:
> > 2533274839589602;14:
> > Whining about whining won’t solve a whining issue. Their will always be flaws and always be people complaining on the internet about them all. Some complaints are stupid I agree, but sometimes others are needed for patchwork. It’s pointless to type all this out when trolls will be trolls and complainers will whine. However I understand where you are coming from with this argument, just know this is likely not gonna solve the complaining issues this forum has.
>
>
> I feel you, and I understand that, but it needed to be said but someone and since nobody else I have seen on this entire forum to say that in due time everything will be okay I had to. I do agree with you though.

It’s a lot easier to let whiners whine then give them something else to complain on/about. They’ll run out of steam eventually while people who know better will stay in the shadows.

> 2533274850045020;18:
> > 2535425543144837;16:
> > broken gameplay mechanics (bad spawns, bad aim control, massive aim deadzones) broken gameplay decisions (faster ttk imbalances weapon sandbox making weapons only have slight variations with eachother in reference to ttk) a lackluster storyline, with a massive middle of story cliffhanger, and poor begining story (remember all storys should have a beginning, a middle and a end (or twist) halo 5 has a weak begining, and it "ends in teh middle and doesn’t have a end)
>
>
> I can see what you are meaning by the story side of this, but Halo 5 is the middle game between Halo 4 and Halo 6. It perfectly continues where Halo 4 left off with the given you took the time to read the new comic and have partially watched the new Halo cinematic they released with Halo 5, not to mention the Halo Waypoint Terminals.
>
> Also like I have said earlier about the multiplayer side, it can be fixed and it is going to be fixed all in due time as we have seen time and time again. 343i cares about the community here.

true halo 5 is the middle of a trilogy, but it also has it’s own self contained storyline which has a weak opening and ends in the middle, while in the grand story of the forerunner trilogy it should only be a middle part (and it does that well enough) it’s self contained storyline, which i would say is the hunt for mastercheif/hunt for cortana is incredibly weak, and does not have a actual resolution, its more like bits and pieces of a story.

in reference to 343 fixing the multiplayer problems.

thats might be possible, but going off their past history with actually fixing issues with teh game, they take far to long to do so, many people will usaully of left the game by the time 343 actually fixxes their issues.