HALO 5 IS ADS (JUST READ)

So quite a few people have wondered since that leaked footage if Halo 5: Guardians was going to have ADS. 343 said no, they said it was called ‘Smart-Scope’ (now called smart-link), other people called it ADS anyway, I’m here to put the answer STRAIGHT, no BS involved;

Yes, Halo 5: Guardians has ADS.

And before you ask, what I define ADS as; you have to hold in the button to zoom, you can’t click it and stay zoomed in. Now, among the changes that 343 has implemented to their modified ADS feature, is that apparently you don’t have any bonus damage, and you don’t slow down when zoomed in, you can still move the same speed like in the other Halo’s. Still, you DO have to hold it in to zoom, that’s not toggle-able at the moment, though I REALLY freaking hope that we’re able to toggle it in the future, because personally, I think that the fact that you clicked to zoom rather than hold it, and not having to see your gun take up a third of your screen? That was unique to Halo gameplay. I haven’t played it yet, but I have proof from my friend in the preview program;

That’s just a screenshot of our skype conversation, because he actually has the pre-beta, hence why I asked him. I’ll reserve final judgement until the actual beta comes out and I see how it plays, but I just wanted to clear the waters a bit;

Halo 5 is ADS.

In Halo 4 you could do both. You could click it to zoom, and click it again to exit, or you could hold down the zoom button and it would automatically exit when you let go.

Now you can’t.

Why the hell would they make it so you have to hold it to zoom? Why would they remove that functionality for no reason?

It seems to me like you’re trying to give a finalised answer to a debate using your own opinionated definition of the debated topic.

The only difference between the old scope system and “Smart-link” are visual differences, as well as an adjustment to the control scheme. Aside from that it, functions the same. I’m sure it will be able to be toggled.

It’s not ADS. There is no penalty to accuracy while hip firing and zooming in does not dramatically increase accuracy, you can also move at the same speed while zoomed. It’s basically a new animation. That is all.

Idk how I didn’t it then cuz my scope for the pistol and are is a click

> 2533274846085892;3:
> It seems to me like you’re trying to give a finalised answer to a debate using your own opinionated definition of the debated topic.
>
> The only difference between the old scope system and “Smart-link” are visual differences, as well as an adjustment to the control scheme. Aside from that it, functions the same. I’m sure it will be able to be toggled.

  1. I’m not trying to be opinionated. Obviously if my definition does not fit your definition, you wouldn’t think it’s ADS now, would you? So you can just say, “Oh good, that doesn’t fit what I thought,” and just wander away.

  2. It’s not just a visual change, did you even look at the -Yoinking!- photo? It does not function the same, you have to hold to zoom, you can’t click to zoom. At the moment there’s no toggle feature. That’s not a -Yoinking!- opinion, those are FACTS. So yes, there IS more than a visual difference. My friend played the -Yoinking!- beta for Christ’s sake, he would know better than us.

Ymmm guys, you do know its toglable right ?

> 2533274792280194;4:
> It’s not ADS. There is no penalty to accuracy while hip firing and zooming in does not dramatically increase accuracy, you can also move at the same speed while zoomed. It’s basically a new animation. That is all.

Wow, funny, because I JUST said those things!

“Now, among the changes that 343 has implemented to their modified ADS feature, is that apparently you don’t have any bonus damage, and you don’t slow down when zoomed in, you can still move the same speed like in the other Halo’s.”

Like, seriously, are you so limited you can’t read a -Yoinking!- sentence I JUST said up there?

But it’s not just visual, controller-wise you have to hold to zoom, at least from what my buddy (who’s playing the -Yoinking!- beta as we speak) has experienced.

> 2533274871883541;6:
> > 2533274846085892;3:
> > It seems to me like you’re trying to give a finalised answer to a debate using your own opinionated definition of the debated topic.
> >
> > The only difference between the old scope system and “Smart-link” are visual differences, as well as an adjustment to the control scheme. Aside from that it, functions the same. I’m sure it will be able to be toggled.
>
>
>
> 1. I’m not trying to be opinionated. Obviously if my definition does not fit your definition, you wouldn’t think it’s ADS now, would you? So you can just say, “Oh good, that doesn’t fit what I thought,” and just wander away.
>
> 2. It’s not just a visual change, did you even look at the -Yoinking!- photo? It does not function the same, you have to hold to zoom, you can’t click to zoom. At the moment there’s no toggle feature. That’s not a -Yoinking!- opinion, those are FACTS. So yes, there IS more than a visual difference. My friend played the -Yoinking!- beta for Christ’s sake, he would know better than us.

  1. By trying to base your argument on your own definition of something you are being opinionated. Your definition is your opinion, and you were basically trying to tell us that you were right and our definitions were wrong. That’s a bit hypocritical considering you created a thread trying to tell us that your definition of something is the correct one.

  2. I said Smart-link also has an “adjustment to the control scheme”. It does still function the same in that you descope when shot, your movement isn’t affected, and there’s no bonus damage. Like I said, aside from the fact that it’s changed buttons on the controller and is different aesthetically, it’s basically the same. If there isn’t already a way to toggle it, there probably will be.

It is really hard to use Smart Scope, as when you are shot you will get booted out.
That’s not how ADS works

> 2533274792280194;4:
> It’s not ADS. There is no penalty to accuracy while hip firing and zooming in does not dramatically increase accuracy, you can also move at the same speed while zoomed. It’s basically a new animation. That is all.

People have posted the different results of hip vs ADS. ADS with the AR is noticeably more accurate than hip fire.

Well of course it’s ADS. It has the basic properties of an ADS. Its ADS is just different than every other shooter game out there. This ADS fits more into Halo style.

It decreases weapon spread so no it’s not the same.

> 2661949065465166;11:
> > 2533274792280194;4:
> > It’s not ADS. There is no penalty to accuracy while hip firing and zooming in does not dramatically increase accuracy, you can also move at the same speed while zoomed. It’s basically a new animation. That is all.
>
>
> People have posted the different results of hip vs ADS. ADS with the AR is noticeably more accurate than hip fire.

That will probably be fixed, this is a beta after all. I read a comment from a 343 employee that claimed they didn’t want Smart-link to give any boosts to accuracy.

I have actually played the early access and the click to zoom is still in the game. It may not work when playing on their default controlls (LT to zoom) but it does work on Bumper Jumper (Right Thumb Stick).

> 2533274846085892;14:
> > 2661949065465166;11:
> > > 2533274792280194;4:
> > > It’s not ADS. There is no penalty to accuracy while hip firing and zooming in does not dramatically increase accuracy, you can also move at the same speed while zoomed. It’s basically a new animation. That is all.
> >
> >
> >
> > People have posted the different results of hip vs ADS. ADS with the AR is noticeably more accurate than hip fire.
>
>
> That will probably be fixed, this is a beta after all. I read a comment from a 343 employee that claimed they didn’t want Smart-link to give any boosts to accuracy.

Heard that too.

Scemantics are fun.

The Halo “ADS” mechanic is different from what most people usually mean when they say “ADS”- the CoD/BF “ADS” mechanic with significant changes to movement and accuracy.

decreasing weapon spread=more rounds on target=more damage done to target in the same amount of time. Honestly sounds like increased damage to me.
there is an interview out there somewhere with the game director saying that decreasing spread in smartadslinkscope was on purpose. Thank goodness for descope

Smart scope = Ads
Basically there just calling it something else.

http://www.product-reviews.net/wp-content/uploads/halo-5-gameplay-multiplayer.jpg
Aims down sight is what happens, that’s what it means so 343i are calling it something else to avoid the hassale.

From the graphics I’ve seen, the ADS as implemented in Halo 5 MP Beta reminds me a lot of CoD. This would on the surface appear to be a direct contradiction of Spartans and their Mjolnir armor and helmets. UNSC weapons are linked right to their helmets - they don’t need to raise a weapon and look down a physical sight. With some Spartan helmet variants, you don’t even see where the Spartan would look out in order to look down the sight. The only place where this would make logical sense is if a UNSC marine or army trooper was using it.

That being said, if 343 is determined to incorporate this in Halo 5, I hope it just stays in multiplayer and doesn’t find it’s way into the campaign. That would be disappointing. Just my .02