Halo 5 is a joke

<mark>Do not make nonconstructive posts.</mark>

Halo 5 is a joke! Everything about it is terrible. I can’t see how people defend this game! The story is terrible, the multiplayer is inconsistent, forge controls are a clunky, “file share” is still nonexistent, and OMG the -Yoinking!- micro transactions.Before I continue, I have played every Halo game, Legendary on all Campaigns, and I have like a 5.00 K/d in Arena.So don’t respond with “Adapt to the game” or “get good”. First off the story is just laughable stupid. Not only did they lie about the story, but you only play as the Chief for like 3/15 missions!!! I didn’t buy Halo 5 for Locke, Locke can go -Yoink- himself cause i don’t care about him at all!!! The AI is brain dead,the story has so many plot holes, and all the weapons have been nerfed and changed for no reason. The Binary rifle, yes I know it was one shot kill anywhere on the body in 4 but it countered itself with only having like 4 bullets and a 2 bullet clip size and the fact there was a giant -Yoinking!- laser pointer when it was zoomed in. When you change a weapon you have to explain why its like that now in the game. From a military point of view why are the weapons different when the previous version of the gun are more effective than the new model? The biggest gripe with the story is that Master Chief talks way to -Yoinking!- much!!! In the other halos when he talked it was only in cut scenes and was only badass one liners!!! The forerunners are boring already, bring back the flood!!! Why are the Prometheans even a factor? The Diadact is dead!!! The gravemind on the other hand is not confirmed dead!! Now on to Multiplayer, the gameplay is so inconsistent, I can’t even begin to count the number of times I’ve played Breakout or other game modes and I shoot someone in the head with a BR 4 or 5 times and they don’t die, yet they shoot me twice and I drop.The radar is useless, might as well remove it cause its pointless.The maps are terrible, at launch there was like 7 maps, but 3 of those are reskins of other maps in the game so really there was like 4 maps. Warzone is a pathetic excuse of a game type, its unbalanced, and a last second mode to justify the REQ system. And OMG the REQ system. Its a total joke, why is it in the game??? What happened to earning your armor? What happened to actually having skill to get items? Your argument is “Well we get free maps because its there” or" you don’t have to spend money on the packs" none of that matters when the free maps they give us are terrible and still just reskins of other maps!!! And RNG systems are garbage, look at Destiny! The removed all forms of customization, no more emblems, no more Halo Reach levels of armor customization. There still isn’t a file share to speak of. “But you can just add the person as a friend and bookmark the map” no!!! Halo Reach had the best file share support you type in the map or game type you download and play. Now you have to bookmark which is terrible. My friend and I played a parkour map and since with bookmarking anyone can mess with the map we couldn’t finish because someone put a invisible wall in the way of the route. All in all, if Halo 6 is anything like Halo 5, I’m not gonna buy it.

> I can’t even begin to count the number of times I’ve played Breakout or other game modes and I shoot someone in the head with a BR 4 or 5 times and they don’t die, yet they shoot me twice and I drop.

OK, that isn’t the game, it’s just lag or something similar. But I agree with almost everything else, 343 should listen to us more.

Please cry more, its entertaining

What I like about Halo 5:
-Gameplay
-Gun balance
-Forge
-Some of the armors are cool
-Level design (it’s fun to play with friends, at least for me)
-Warzone
-DLC is free

What I don’t like about Halo 5:
-Lack of content
-Despite some of the armors that I like, overall the customization is watered down
-Maps are fairly bland
-REQ system kinda sucks
-Bad storytelling
-What the hell happened to Theater mode?

That wall of text…

You have a 1.3 K/D when I looked in your service record…and besides its not that bad…its playable online, yes I still have those WTF moments but I had that in halo 3 and reach…stop whining good grief!!!

I thought it was real

> 2533274895603860;4:
> What I like about Halo 5:
> -Gameplay
> -Gun balance
> -Forge
> -Some of the armors are cool
> -Level design (it’s fun to play with friends, at least for me)
> -Warzone
> -DLC is free
>
> What I don’t like about Halo 5:
> -Lack of content
> -Despite some of the armors that I like, overall the customization is watered down
> -Maps are fairly bland
> -REQ system kinda sucks
> -Bad storytelling
> -What the hell happened to Theater mode?

This. This is how you give good advice and feedback. Not with foul word salads.

The content is a joke.

> 2533274857925939;1:
> Halo 5 is a joke! Everything about it is amazing. I can see how people defend this game! The story is great, the multiplayer is the best, forge controls are wonderful, “file share” is still being built upon, and OMG the -Yoinking!- scout warthogs.
>
> Before I continue, I have played every Halo game, Legendary on all Campaigns, and I have like a 5.00 K/d in Arena.So don’t respond with “Adapt to the game” or “get good” I just need help learning how to use the scout warthog like the pros. First off the story is just laughable stupid, especially with the grunts speaking English again. Not only did they bring back the story, but you only play as the Chief for like 3/15 missions!!! I did buy Halo 5 for Locke!! The AI is still better than Kat’s driving, the story has so many holes, we need more railings, and all the weapons have been perfected and changed for no reason.
>
> The Binary rifle, yes I know it was one shot kill anywhere on the body in 4 but it countered itself with only having like 4 bullets and a 2 bullet clip size and the fact there was a giant -Yoinking!- laser pointer when it was zoomed in. When you change a weapon you have to explain why its like that now in the game. From a military point of view why are the weapons different when the scout warthog is obviously still OP? The biggest gripe with the story is that Master Chief talks Not enough!!! In the other halos when he talked it was only in cut scenes and was only badass one liners, this would be okay if they had the yoinking scout warthog!!! The forerunners are just like the brutes!!! Why are the Prometheans even a factor, when they don’t have their own scout warthog … Hello underpowered raced much? The gravemind on the other hand is confirmed to be outside of the milky way galaxy!!
>
> Now on to Multiplayer, the gameplay is so consistent, I can’t even begin to count the number of times I’ve played Breakout or other game modes and I shoot someone in the head with a BR 4 or 5 times and they don’t die, yet they shoot me twice and I drop,I should aim for the head. The radar is awesome! The maps are great, at launch there was like 7 maps, but 3 of those are reskins of other maps in the game so really there was like 4 maps. Warzone is a wonderful game type, its unbalanced because the ScoutWarthog splatters all norgfangs. What happened to earning your armor, like Achilles?
>
> The removed all forms of customization, no more emblems (aside from the 200+ emblems we have), no more Halo Reach levels of armor customization. There still isn’t a scout warthog playlist to speak of. “But you can just add the scoutwarthogs and bookmark the map in forge” no!!! Halo 5 has the best scout warthog support. you type in the map or game type you download and play. Now you have to go in forge which is terrible. My friend and I played a parkour map and since with bookmarking anyone can mess with the map we couldn’t finish because someone put a invisible wall in the way of the route of our scout warthogs.
>
> All in all, if Halo 6 is anything like Halo 5, I’m gonna buy it. Especially if h6 has scout warthogs.

The wall text is real.

It feels like what I would like Halo 5 Guardians -vanilla- like before Street Fighter 4 transitioned into Arcade Edition.

it may not be perfect we all know that but why does everyone feel the need to complain constantly

> 2533274812223712;6:
> You have a 1.3 K/D when I looked in your service record…and besides its not that bad…its playable online, yes I still have those WTF moments but I had that in halo 3 and reach…stop whining good grief!!!

I was going off what it said on the in game service record.

> 2533274857925939;1:
> Halo 5 is a joke! Everything about it is terrible. I can’t see how people defend this game! The story is terrible, the multiplayer is inconsistent, forge controls are a clunky, “file share” is still nonexistent, and OMG the -Yoinking!- micro transactions.Before I continue, I have played every Halo game, Legendary on all Campaigns, and I have like a 5.00 K/d in Arena.So don’t respond with “Adapt to the game” or “get good”. First off the story is just laughable stupid. Not only did they lie about the story, but you only play as the Chief for like 3/15 missions!!! I didn’t buy Halo 5 for Locke, Locke can go -Yoink- himself cause i don’t care about him at all!!! The AI is brain dead,the story has so many plot holes, and all the weapons have been nerfed and changed for no reason. The Binary rifle, yes I know it was one shot kill anywhere on the body in 4 but it countered itself with only having like 4 bullets and a 2 bullet clip size and the fact there was a giant -Yoinking!- laser pointer when it was zoomed in. When you change a weapon you have to explain why its like that now in the game. From a military point of view why are the weapons different when the previous version of the gun are more effective than the new model? The biggest gripe with the story is that Master Chief talks way to -Yoinking!- much!!! In the other halos when he talked it was only in cut scenes and was only badass one liners!!! The forerunners are boring already, bring back the flood!!! Why are the Prometheans even a factor? The Diadact is dead!!! The gravemind on the other hand is not confirmed dead!! Now on to Multiplayer, the gameplay is so inconsistent, I can’t even begin to count the number of times I’ve played Breakout or other game modes and I shoot someone in the head with a BR 4 or 5 times and they don’t die, yet they shoot me twice and I drop.The radar is useless, might as well remove it cause its pointless.The maps are terrible, at launch there was like 7 maps, but 3 of those are reskins of other maps in the game so really there was like 4 maps. Warzone is a pathetic excuse of a game type, its unbalanced, and a last second mode to justify the REQ system. And OMG the REQ system. Its a total joke, why is it in the game??? What happened to earning your armor? What happened to actually having skill to get items? Your argument is “Well we get free maps because its there” or" you don’t have to spend money on the packs" none of that matters when the free maps they give us are terrible and still just reskins of other maps!!! And RNG systems are garbage, look at Destiny! The removed all forms of customization, no more emblems, no more Halo Reach levels of armor customization. There still isn’t a file share to speak of. “But you can just add the person as a friend and bookmark the map” no!!! Halo Reach had the best file share support you type in the map or game type you download and play. Now you have to bookmark which is terrible. My friend and I played a parkour map and since with bookmarking anyone can mess with the map we couldn’t finish because someone put a invisible wall in the way of the route. All in all, if Halo 6 is anything like Halo 5, I’m not gonna buy it.

And you not using paragraphs is the punchline.

> 2533274808210415;8:
> > 2533274895603860;4:
> > What I like about Halo 5:
> > -Gameplay
> > -Gun balance
> > -Forge
> > -Some of the armors are cool
> > -Level design (it’s fun to play with friends, at least for me)
> > -Warzone
> > -DLC is free
> >
> > What I don’t like about Halo 5:
> > -Lack of content
> > -Despite some of the armors that I like, overall the customization is watered down
> > -Maps are fairly bland
> > -REQ system kinda sucks
> > -Bad storytelling
> > -What the hell happened to Theater mode?
>
>
> This. This is how you give good advice and feedback. Not with foul word salads.

This is pretty accurate…Spectator mode is kind of bad too ( They should let you search for games to watch or even cut to a live stream of the game tbh. )

What I like about halo 5:

  1. the armor
  2. movement system
  3. Arena

What I dislike:

  1. no playable elites
  2. warzone. It’s just no fun at all
  3. that Warzone firefight will probably have to be played with other people. Solo equals better
  4. forge is only online. That sucks
  5. lack of older forge objects. There is the same objects in different spots but older objects aren’t there.
  6. the campaign. Need I say more?
  7. free dlc. I personally think some of this stuff should’ve already been here

> 2533274857925939;1:
> Halo 5 is a joke! Everything about it is terrible. I can’t see how people defend this game! The story is terrible, the multiplayer is inconsistent, forge controls are a clunky, “file share” is still nonexistent, and OMG the -Yoinking!- micro transactions.Before I continue, I have played every Halo game, Legendary on all Campaigns, and I have like a 5.00 K/d in Arena.So don’t respond with “Adapt to the game” or “get good”. First off the story is just laughable stupid. Not only did they lie about the story, but you only play as the Chief for like 3/15 missions!!! I didn’t buy Halo 5 for Locke, Locke can go -Yoink- himself cause i don’t care about him at all!!! The AI is brain dead,the story has so many plot holes, and all the weapons have been nerfed and changed for no reason. The Binary rifle, yes I know it was one shot kill anywhere on the body in 4 but it countered itself with only having like 4 bullets and a 2 bullet clip size and the fact there was a giant -Yoinking!- laser pointer when it was zoomed in. When you change a weapon you have to explain why its like that now in the game. From a military point of view why are the weapons different when the previous version of the gun are more effective than the new model? The biggest gripe with the story is that Master Chief talks way to -Yoinking!- much!!! In the other halos when he talked it was only in cut scenes and was only badass one liners!!! The forerunners are boring already, bring back the flood!!! Why are the Prometheans even a factor? The Diadact is dead!!! The gravemind on the other hand is not confirmed dead!! Now on to Multiplayer, the gameplay is so inconsistent, I can’t even begin to count the number of times I’ve played Breakout or other game modes and I shoot someone in the head with a BR 4 or 5 times and they don’t die, yet they shoot me twice and I drop.The radar is useless, might as well remove it cause its pointless.The maps are terrible, at launch there was like 7 maps, but 3 of those are reskins of other maps in the game so really there was like 4 maps. Warzone is a pathetic excuse of a game type, its unbalanced, and a last second mode to justify the REQ system. And OMG the REQ system. Its a total joke, why is it in the game??? What happened to earning your armor? What happened to actually having skill to get items? Your argument is “Well we get free maps because its there” or" you don’t have to spend money on the packs" none of that matters when the free maps they give us are terrible and still just reskins of other maps!!! And RNG systems are garbage, look at Destiny! The removed all forms of customization, no more emblems, no more Halo Reach levels of armor customization. There still isn’t a file share to speak of. “But you can just add the person as a friend and bookmark the map” no!!! Halo Reach had the best file share support you type in the map or game type you download and play. Now you have to bookmark which is terrible. My friend and I played a parkour map and since with bookmarking anyone can mess with the map we couldn’t finish because someone put a invisible wall in the way of the route. All in all, if Halo 6 is anything like Halo 5, I’m not gonna buy it.

Besides a little exaggeration you actually have excellent points.

Well OP, I don’t agree with everything you say, but some for sure.

STORY

The story is very questionable I agree, but I don’t think it’s as bad as what a lot of people think. Yes I hate how you only play as the MC in 3 missions. That is a joke. I feel the MC isn’t in it much because let’s face it, the MC won’t be in it forever :frowning: I wish we never saw Locks face. I like the mystery of the MC. I agree that 343I advertised the game as something else story wise that’s for sure and I also agree that the AI for the most part is really bad!!! I also don’t understand why the Binary rifle is different in H5. It was fine in H4. I don’t find it anywhere near as good in H5 and it makes no sense canon wise IMO either.

MP

Well you shooting someone a lot in the head and them not dying sounds like lag to me. The radar is pretty useless, I agree. I’d say up it to 20m or just remove it as well. The maps aren’t terrible by any means, but they are just not memorable really. I like Riptide the best, and that’s really just because it looks a lot different compare to the other maps. The maps just feel cold and all very similar. Why isn’t there any interactions in the maps in Halo 5 like the maps from H2A?? They were showing off the H2A interactions so much before it came out and they even said H5 would have things like that too. Well… where are they??? That was upsetting to me as I LOVE the H2A maps. Halo 5 maps are almost all human related or a city or something. Where are the snow, sand, beaches, jungle maps??? Halo 5 maps LOOK WISE, are some of the most boring and non memorial of any halo game IMO.

Warzone isn’t a joke at all. It’s what they said it would be. It’s a social game type threw and threw. I do agree that the REQ system isn’t great, but I know why they are doing it. To make money, plain and simple. That’s why it’s in the game. I don’t like mirotransactions but I do feel the way 343I did them is the best way to do them. Nothing affects the game. Armour customization is a joke in Halo 5 I agree. Reach was much better in this area and the UI in Halo 5 is also pretty bad. The file sharing system, or lack there of, is also a HUGE joke in Halo 5. Add someone to your friends list just to look at there maps? really 343I?? ya, it’s pretty bad I agree. I like that equal starts are back and they have a ranking system. I’ll admit I feel there ranking system is pretty messed up at times but it’s a start (I still like Halo 3’s the best by far!!!) The “free” DLC (we all know it’s not really DLC for the most part) is sort of a joke in the sense that a lot of it should of been in off the bat. BTB mode is pathetic in H5 and the maps being all forge and those maps being included as part of the 15 free maps is an even bigger joke IMO.

Over All

If Halo 6 is like Halo 5, I’ll get it as I’m enjoying Halo 5 for the most part much more then H4 and reach too in some areas. I also think LAN and split screen need to be in Halo 6. Hate how Halo 5 is pretty much an online only game… really limits it’s self. 343I has a lot of things to fix and to do better thought in Halo 6 that’s for sure.

Git… good… hahaha sorry had to do it… :slight_smile:

Halo 5 is a joke CONTENT wise, gameplay wise its great.