Halo 5 - Initial 10 Games Rank

I believe the ranking system in place for the beta is great to keep it very competitve, but the only issue I have is with the initial rank upon the first 10 completed games, it seems to make no sense…

It makes no sense that in Team slayer, i won 7 out of the first 10 and I got ranked silver, I did best or second best every win. Then when I went into Breakout I won 9 out of 10 and still got ranked silver… I was the MVP every single win and with the one loss I was the best player on the losing team…

I think the first 10 games should be heavily relied upon wins or losses. After that, whatever calculations they are currently using should be fine. It would give you a rank initially based off of your wins, but as soon as you start winning or losing then you will get placed into your accurate tier.

Here is the scale I came up with:

If you win 0 out of 10, you are iron 1
If you win 1 out of 10, you are iron 2 or 3
If you win 2 out of 10, you are bronze 1
if you win 3 out of 10, you are Bronze 2 or 3
If you win 4 out of 10, you are Silver 1
If you win 5 out of 10, you are Silver 2 or 3
if you win 6 out of 10, you are Gold 1
If you win 7 out of 10, you are Gold 2 or 3
If you win 8 out of 10, you are Onyx 1
If you win 9 out of 10, you are Onyx 2 or 3
If you win 10 out of 10, you are either Semi-Pro or Pro.After the initial rank, the current system they have in place should go into effect depending on their calculations.

Remember this Ranking is after the INITIAL 10 GAMES ONLY.

Let the rants begin!

i think the highest it should place you is gold 1-3
then every one has to rank up from there.
Its a bit hax to go semi/pro in just 10 matches

i think the highest it should place you is gold 1-3
then every one has to rank up from there.
Its a bit hax to go semi/pro in just 10 matches

-Reply:

But what if in all 10 games you are in a team of 4 and you win 50 to 10 every single game…? That doesn’t merit pro or semi pro?
As soon as you start losing you would move down quick, like you would currently would currently.

> 2533274841444891;3:
> i think the highest it should place you is gold 1-3
> then every one has to rank up from there.
> Its a bit hax to go semi/pro in just 10 matches
>
> -Reply:
>
> But what if in all 10 games you are in a team of 4 and you win 50 to 10 every single game…? That doesn’t merit pro or semi pro?As soon as you start losing they would move down quick, like you would currently.ould currently.

Not really no. You cant call some one a pro after 10 matches. Also, from my understanding you cant derank to a previous tier, so you cant go down from Onyx to gold? So what if solo players got lucky with their match ups and were carried to a higher rank than their true skill level?.. They’d be obliterated

> 2602973356072471;4:
> > 2533274841444891;3:
> > i think the highest it should place you is gold 1-3
> > then every one has to rank up from there.
> > Its a bit hax to go semi/pro in just 10 matches
> >
> > -Reply:
> >
> > But what if in all 10 games you are in a team of 4 and you win 50 to 10 every single game…? That doesn’t merit pro or semi pro?As soon as you start losing they would move down quick, like you would currently.ould currently.
>
>
> Not really no. You cant call some one a pro after 10 matches. Also, from my understanding you cant derank to a previous tier, so you cant go down from Onyx to gold? So what if solo players got lucky with their match ups and were carried to a higher rank than their true skill level?.. They’d be obliterated

Actually, you do derank, and you do so very quickly with every loss. Every time i’ve won, I go up about +12 xp, but with losses ive gotten up to -80 xp. So they could drop significantly after just one or 2 losses.

> 2533274841444891;5:
> > 2602973356072471;4:
> > > 2533274841444891;3:
> > >
>
>
> Actually, you do derank, and you do so very quickly with every loss. Every time i’ve won, I go up about +12 xp, but with losses ive gotten up to -80 xp. So they could drop significantly after just one or 2 losses.

Do you? Im at Onyx 1 atm and just come off a long losing streak due to lone wolfing team mates and havnt dropped down to gold at all.
You lose exp, but ive yet to see or hear of any one dropping to a previous tier

> 2602973356072471;6:
> > 2533274841444891;5:
> > > 2602973356072471;4:
> > > > 2533274841444891;3:
> > > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Actually, you do derank, and you do so very quickly with every loss. Every time i’ve won, I go up about +12 xp, but with losses ive gotten up to -80 xp. So they could drop significantly after just one or 2 losses.
>
>
>
> Do you? Im at Onyx 1 atm and just come off a long losing streak due to lone wolfing team mates and havnt dropped down to gold at all.
> You lose exp, but ive yet to see or hear of any one dropping to a previous tier

I went from Silver 1 to Gold 2 and now I am back down to gold 1, I haven’t lost too many games since then, but if I can go down from Gold 2 to Gold 1, i’m 100% positive you can continue to go back down to silver if you keep losing.

And remember, this scale is only for the first 10 games, after the 11th game, this scale does not exist, it would switch to the method they are currently using.

> 2533274841444891;7:
> > 2602973356072471;6:
> > > 2533274841444891;5:
> > > > 2602973356072471;4:
> > > > > 2533274841444891;3:
> > > > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Actually, you do derank, and you do so very quickly with every loss. Every time i’ve won, I go up about +12 xp, but with losses ive gotten up to -80 xp. So they could drop significantly after just one or 2 losses.
> >
> >
> >
> > Do you? Im at Onyx 1 atm and just come off a long losing streak due to lone wolfing team mates and havnt dropped down to gold at all.
> > You lose exp, but ive yet to see or hear of any one dropping to a previous tier
>
>
> I went from Silver 1 to Gold 2 and now I am back down to gold 1, I haven’t lost too many games since then, but if I can go down from Gold 2 to Gold 1, i’m 100% positive you can continue to go back down to silver if you keep losing.

You can go from Gold 3, down to Gold 1, but you cant go down from Gold 1 to Silver 3. So if some one is carried through their 10 games with really good team mates, while being awful or average at best and gets placed at semi pro or above, hes going to be stuck there and be for ever obliterated unless they add in deranking from Gold to silver etc and even if you can go down from gold to silver if you keep losing, its going to take some time to get down to your suited rank if youre an average or not so average player which will just make the game no fun at all for those people.

So i stand by my opinion and say the qualifying should only place you so far and have you rank up yourself from where your placed. I don’t think you should be able to attain semi pro or pro from just 10 matches