Halo 5 in developement

Heard that halo 5 is already being planned,343.take my advice,do not rush the game like COD do with theirs.You’ll just end up losing lots of fans.Especially the campaign!

Unfortunately, they are under the thumb of Microsoft. They will probably be given a release window and can only push it back in that window.

MY theory with H4 is that they originally wanted to ship in September, but 343 said it just wouldn’t be ready by then. MS wanted it out before the holidays so they could capitalize on sales, If they delayed it any further than Nov, they would have to delay Gears which would pull people away from the Summer of Arcade and the neXtBox announcement.

They have also said that 3 years is too long to wait between major Halo titles. Expect it in 2014, most likely fall since that seems to be the norm for Halo. MAYBE 1/4 2015 if necessary.

As of right now Halo 5 is in the prelim stages…concept art, hashing out some story details, very basic early stuff. No worries, it’s going to be sweet.

i hope the campaign is better. h4s was a disappointment as a (mostly) campaign player.

Sad but true, I would bet my left nut that Halo 5 is already in development and that MS have required it to be a Nextbox launch title.

We can only hope that 343 is using fan feedback from Halo 4 as a matter of priority (forge, custom options, gametypes available from launch, etc).

> i hope the campaign is better. h4s was a disappointment as a (mostly) campaign player.

Weird, I thought H4’s campaign was the best so far, as a ‘rush through the campaign as quickly as possible so I can get on and play multiplayer’ kind of player. However, you’re obviously in a much better position that myself to comment so I’ll bow to your better judgement.

WRT Halo5, they should finish H4 first, it’s still in beta.

I really enjoyed the campaign, thought it was one of the best and I’m a mostly campaign player

> I really enjoyed the campaign, thought it was one of the best and I’m a mostly campaign player

i had a few issues with it. now this is just my opinion but im glad you liked it.

i hated that cortana was a love interest

i had no real awesome levels that i can play over and over like past halos.

i hated that all i did was push buttons or open doors

the didact was in the game for all of like 30 minutes and you never got to fight him :frowning:

and i hate prometheans. not in a ‘they are hard’ way but a ‘they are effing annoying cuz they teleport 100x too much and are just boring bullet sponges’ way i liked the covies more and they are on the decline so…yeah.

glad you liked it though.

hopefully h5 will be awesome. now that cortana is gone (at least for a while) im interested to see where they take the chief emotionally.

we shall find out.

I don´t buy Halo5 if you dont fix Halo 4 Online. Halo 4? Halo Lag

> I don´t buy Halo5 if you dont fix Halo 4 Online. Halo 4? Halo Lag

dont worry ill buy 2 copies to make up for yours :stuck_out_tongue:

> > I really enjoyed the campaign, thought it was one of the best and I’m a mostly campaign player
>
> i had a few issues with it. now this is just my opinion but im glad you liked it.
>
> i hated that cortana was a love interest
>
> i had no real awesome levels that i can play over and over like past halos.
>
> i hated that all i did was push buttons or open doors
>
> the didact was in the game for all of like 30 minutes and you never got to fight him :frowning:
>
> and i hate prometheans. not in a ‘they are hard’ way but a ‘they are effing annoying cuz they teleport 100x too much and are just boring bullet sponges’ way i liked the covies more and they are on the decline so…yeah.
>
>
> glad you liked it though.
>
> hopefully h5 will be awesome. now that cortana is gone (at least for a while) im interested to see where they take the chief emotionally.
>
>
> we shall find out.

Not to get off topic, but I think I’m with the other guy in enjoying it- and that’s as a major campaign loving guy. X)

First and foremost, Cortana is not- and was never- a love interest. Wouldn’t you behave that way if your best friend or the closest thing you had to it was dying? Somebody who was always there, but never close enough to touch you? I don’t mean to pick apart your opinion of course, but the ‘love interest’ thing is totally wrong.

That said, eh… Yeah personally I don’t mind the Prometheans, but I don’t see us having to fight them much in Halo 5. Not much more you can do with them.

As for Didact, I consider this game a prelude to what’s to come for the Forerunner’s part in the story. I believe they intentionally kept his appearances short and feeling like there just wasn’t enough of him. I think they’re building up to something with this.

And personally-… I think at least two or three levels are full of replayability on par with any level in the past games. Most notably Infinity and Composer. Just great levels with great design, IMO.

All this said, don’t panic OP! They almost always start developing the next game as soon as their current title releases. As someone else said, it’s just in the early stages. Each Halo main title takes roughly 3 years to develope.

> > I really enjoyed the campaign, thought it was one of the best and I’m a mostly campaign player
>
> i had a few issues with it. now this is just my opinion but im glad you liked it.
>
> i hated that cortana was a love interest
>
> i had no real awesome levels that i can play over and over like past halos.
>
> i hated that all i did was push buttons or open doors
>
> the didact was in the game for all of like 30 minutes and you never got to fight him :frowning:
>
> and i hate prometheans. not in a ‘they are hard’ way but a ‘they are effing annoying cuz they teleport 100x too much and are just boring bullet sponges’ way i liked the covies more and they are on the decline so…yeah.
>
>
> glad you liked it though.
>
> hopefully h5 will be awesome. now that cortana is gone (at least for a while) im interested to see where they take the chief emotionally.
>
>
> we shall find out.

You have pointed out exactly what I believe was wrong with the campaign. Though I’m still on the fence about Cortana as a love intrest. I think it worked ok in the context of Halo 4’s story.
And please 343, make more objectives then just “flip a switch” it’s so 90’s. Spartan ops shows that you can.

> > > I really enjoyed the campaign, thought it was one of the best and I’m a mostly campaign player
> >
> > i had a few issues with it. now this is just my opinion but im glad you liked it.
> >
> > i hated that cortana was a love interest
> >
> > i had no real awesome levels that i can play over and over like past halos.
> >
> > i hated that all i did was push buttons or open doors
> >
> > the didact was in the game for all of like 30 minutes and you never got to fight him :frowning:
> >
> > and i hate prometheans. not in a ‘they are hard’ way but a ‘they are effing annoying cuz they teleport 100x too much and are just boring bullet sponges’ way i liked the covies more and they are on the decline so…yeah.
> >
> > glad you liked it though.
> >
> > hopefully h5 will be awesome. now that cortana is gone (at least for a while) im interested to see where they take the chief emotionally.
> >
> > we shall find out.
>
> Not to get off topic, but I think I’m with the other guy in enjoying it- and that’s as a major campaign loving guy. X)
>
> First and foremost, Cortana is not- and was never- a love interest. Wouldn’t you behave that way if your best friend or the closest thing you had to it was dying? Somebody who was always there, but never close enough to touch you? I don’t mean to pick apart your opinion of course, but the ‘love interest’ thing is totally wrong.
>
> That said, eh… Yeah personally I don’t mind the Prometheans, but I don’t see us having to fight them much in Halo 5. Not much more you can do with them.
>
> As for Didact, I consider this game a prelude to what’s to come for the Forerunner’s part in the story. I believe they intentionally kept his appearances short and feeling like there just wasn’t enough of him. I think they’re building up to something with this.
>
> And personally-… I think at least two or three levels are full of replayability on par with any level in the past games. Most notably Infinity and Composer. Just great levels with great design, IMO.
>
> All this said, don’t panic OP! They almost always start developing the next game as soon as their current title releases. As someone else said, it’s just in the early stages. Each Halo main title takes roughly 3 years to develope.

i agree that i think they are building with the didact i just wish they gave us a bit more of a taste. like at the end could have been a boss battle but they skimped out.

as for cortana…yea i believe they made it more love interesty…the line “ive waited so long to do that” after touching him blew the top off and that was the straw that broke the camels back for me personally. this was way more than a friend they moved her from sidekick to crazy girlfriend (kinda) compare cortana in any other halo and you can see they made them want to get it on in this one lol.

like i said thats just the way i took it so yeah just my 2 cents.

i will replay those levels today and see if i feel the same way i honestly dont remember the names of them yet.

anyway yeah i think this was the first step for the next trilogy and i think they are building to make something good i just have to be patient. theres always a first step for everything so ill make more of a final judgement with h5. if its not great by then…i dunno.

> Heard that halo 5 is already being planned,343.take my advice,<mark>do not rush the game like COD do with theirs.You’ll just end up losing lots of fans.</mark>Especially the campaign!

How do you explain that COD sell more games every time they release a new COD game? COD is bigger than ever.

> And personally-… I think at least two or three levels are full of replayability on par with any level in the past games. Most notably Infinity and Composer. Just great levels with <mark>great design</mark>, IMO.

Except for the invisible barriers on Infinity. Infinity has great combat but it’s pretty restrictive.

Might hear something in th next 2-4 months. Sony and Microsoft are unveiling their next gen consoles at the Game Developers Confrence in late March and E3 in June we will here about the next gen games.
If Microsoft holds true to its other console releases Halo has a very good chance of being Microsofts launch game with its new console.

> > i hope the campaign is better. h4s was a disappointment as a (mostly) campaign player.
>
> Weird, I thought H4’s campaign was the best so far, as a ‘rush through the campaign as quickly as possible so I can get on and play multiplayer’ kind of player. However, you’re obviously in a much better position that myself to comment so I’ll bow to your better judgement.
>
> WRT Halo5, they should finish H4 first, it’s still in beta.

I liked the campaign because it had a good story. I’m 99% about the story over gameplay. As long as they keep halo’s gameplay basically how it is and keep making the story awesome, I’ll be happy.

> > I don´t buy Halo5 if you dont fix Halo 4 Online. Halo 4? Halo Lag
>
> dont worry ill buy 2 copies to make up for yours :stuck_out_tongue:

HAHAHAHAHA,

You Sir made my day.

I suspect H5 will be released alongside the next-gen Xbox. One word of advice to 343 for H5:

Focus more on the campaign story and multiplayer experience instead of lame entertainment marketing.

Think about how much better the H4 MP experience could have been if they took the millions spent on FUD and that silly Liechtenstein launch party and instead spent it on more multiplayer features/gamestypes/anything the community is currently raging about.

> > I don´t buy Halo5 if you dont fix Halo 4 Online. Halo 4? Halo Lag
>
> <mark>dont worry ill buy 2 copies to make up for yours :P</mark>

You might need to buy 3 if they dont include bots

i only want to pay for a game once to play it
so please have offline bots

i would love bots in halo 5 btw