Halo 5 idea: Museum of Humanity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwTx577q3pQ
I think 343i should include the Museum of Humanity as a walkaround level that you unlock after completing the campaign. Guess you can think of it like the museum in MW2.

Here’s some more footage of the Museum of Humanity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLD8_H_XDsg

Tell me what you think.

Not a bad idea, but I think that would just be apeing Call of Duty and Halo is better than that. Why not incorporate it in an Earth-based mission?

> Not a bad idea, but I think that would just be apeing Call of Duty and Halo is better than that. <mark>Why not incorporate it in an Earth-based mission</mark>?

Something like the Halsey’s Lab easter egg in Reach would be nice, albeit less impossible to reach.

Also, why should it be limited only to humanity?

> Not a bad idea, but I think that would just be apeing Call of Duty and Halo is better than that. Why not incorporate it in an Earth-based mission?

Well the Museum of Humanity has been out there since 2007, before MW2 came along. And I think it should have its own dedicated level that just focuses on exploring the museum and learning about Halo lore.

> Also, why should it be limited only to humanity?

Well a completely separate museum could be made that showcases the history of The Covenant if that’s what you mean.
But I think the Museum of Humanity should be strictly human. It’s there to portray all of humanity’s achievements and downfalls, from becoming a space bearing species to the genocide of the human race, how we were on the brink of destruction. I think the museum should have a very human and somber feel to it.

> > Not a bad idea, but I think that would just be apeing Call of Duty and Halo is better than that. <mark>Why not incorporate it in an Earth-based mission</mark>?
>
> Something like the Halsey’s Lab easter egg in Reach would be nice, albeit less impossible to reach.
>
> <mark>Also, why should it be limited only to humanity?</mark>

Because 'Manity.

> > Also, why should it be limited only to humanity?
>
> Well a completely separate museum could be made that showcases the history of The Covenant if that’s what you mean.

Multiple museums, come to think of it, would be very welcomed.

> > Not a bad idea, but I think that would just be apeing Call of Duty and Halo is better than that. <mark>Why not incorporate it in an Earth-based mission</mark>?
>
> Something like the Halsey’s Lab easter egg in Reach would be nice, albeit less impossible to reach.
>
> Also, why should it be limited only to humanity?

There is also a “museum” level in the original Bioshock, though that chronicles the game’s development.

This isn’t something CoD invented.

I’ve always liked that museum video but never thought about it in a game. Very neat idea! Would be awesome to walk around in it…

I thought the museum of humanity had covenant stuff in it anyway? It’s meant to commemorate humanity’s survival against the covenant.

> I thought the museum of humanity had covenant stuff in it anyway? It’s meant to commemorate humanity’s survival against the covenant.

Yes I forgot about that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uS0qFFVVLI

And if it were to be an easter egg, why not have a redux of “Siege of Madrigal” playing as ambiance music?

Why not just reuse the ‘scan’ mechanic from Halo CEA? Add a little databank in the menu for it.