Halo 5 HUD

I play Halo 5 Forge on Windows because Halo + PC is pretty much the definition of perfection, but I have noticed something unfortunate. When I watch videos of people playing Halo, both on console and PC, dropped or available weapons are outlined in green by the HUD. I consider this to be extremely helpful. The only problem with this is that when I play I do not have this. It looks just like it would have in H4. Is there something I’m missing? Is there a setting I haven’t found? Your help is much appreciated.

That only happens in theater mode.

It might be something in settings, but I can’t say for sure. I’ll try to check when I can if you don’t get an answer soon.

> 2533274826056477;2:
> That only happens in theater mode.

No, it’s still a thing in regular gameplay. Weapons should be highlighted by the HUD with a bright, light blue outline.

I’m pretty sure that’s a visual bug that appears exclusively on Halo 5: Forge on PC, so it’s nothing you’ve done to your game. There are a few of those bugs honestly, such as the shielding effect on players turning solid yellow/orange when damaged, reticles disappearing or being shaped irregularly, etc.

> 2533274800168045;4:
> I’m pretty sure that’s a visual bug that appears exclusively on Halo 5: Forge on PC, so it’s nothing you’ve done to your game. There are a few of those bugs honestly, such as the shielding effect on players turning solid yellow/orange when damaged, reticles disappearing or being shaped irregularly, etc.

Is there anything I can do to fix it?

> 2535428340799897;5:
> > 2533274800168045;4:
> > I’m pretty sure that’s a visual bug that appears exclusively on Halo 5: Forge on PC, so it’s nothing you’ve done to your game. There are a few of those bugs honestly, such as the shielding effect on players turning solid yellow/orange when damaged, reticles disappearing or being shaped irregularly, etc.
>
> Is there anything I can do to fix it?

As far as I know, I don’t think so. The best thing to do, which you’ve basically done here, is to report the bug and hope for a patch that will address that visual bug. That is, unless somebody else is able to provide more insight on this particular issue. You could try reinstalling the game to see if that changes anything.

> 2533274800168045;6:
> > 2535428340799897;5:
> > > 2533274800168045;4:
> > > I’m pretty sure that’s a visual bug that appears exclusively on Halo 5: Forge on PC, so it’s nothing you’ve done to your game. There are a few of those bugs honestly, such as the shielding effect on players turning solid yellow/orange when damaged, reticles disappearing or being shaped irregularly, etc.
> >
> > Is there anything I can do to fix it?
>
> As far as I know, I don’t think so. The best thing to do, which you’ve basically done here, is to report the bug and hope for a patch that will address that visual bug. That is, unless somebody else is able to provide more insight on this particular issue. You could try reinstalling the game to see if that changes anything.

That is strange. When I watch H5:F gameplay videos online they seem to have the outline.