Halo: 5 HUD

Can someone please tell me what each element of the HUD in the gameplay videos are? For instance why are there two shield bars when they both regenerate? Please show pictures. You don’t have to dumb it down; I am a Halo vet, been playing since the original release of Halo: CE.

That second Shield bar below the Top one I believe is a health bar. But unlike reach it regenerates.

^ yup, I actually like the regenerating health idea. There’s a lot of newer “modern” features in Halo 5 that I can’t wait to see how they work myself.

[H5 hud in question

](http://teambeyond.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Halo-5-Guardians-Empire-9.jpg)Top bar shield
Bottom bar health
Call out above radar

Rest is same as always
Ps that ADS people complain about is just a reskinned zoom.

They should add an indicator for thruster

> 2533274870591903;4:
> H5 hud in question
>
> Top bar shield
> Bottom bar health
> Call out above radar
>
> Rest is same as always
> Ps that ADS people complain about is just a reskinned zoom.
>
> They should add an indicator for thruster

Thank you for your reply. I don’t understand the purpose of two health/shield bars that regenerate why not just have one, similar to halo 2 or 3? How does health regenerate without health packs? Haha Are we wolverine now?

> 2533274808932726;5:
> > 2533274870591903;4:
> > H5 hud in question
> >
> > Top bar shield
> > Bottom bar health
> > Call out above radar
> >
> > Rest is same as always
> > Ps that ADS people complain about is just a reskinned zoom.
> >
> > They should add an indicator for thruster
>
>
> Thank you for your reply. I don’t understand the purpose of two health/shield bars that regenerate why not just have one, similar to halo 2 or 3? How does health regenerate without health packs? Haha Are we wolverine now?

Only if we’re dead and encased in a shell of adamantium.

> 2533274808932726;5:
> > 2533274870591903;4:
> > H5 hud in question
> >
> > Top bar shield
> > Bottom bar health
> > Call out above radar
> >
> >
>
>
> Thank you for your reply. I don’t understand the purpose of two health/shield bars that regenerate why not just have one, similar to halo 2 or 3? How does health regenerate without health packs? Haha Are we wolverine now?

Because Halo has always had both a shield and health system, it just was not visible in H2/H3/H4 for some ridiculous reason. So in those past games you never really new how your second layer of health was doing(health recharged at a different rate). Health and shields also have different damage modifiers with projectile weapons like the AR doing more health damage and energy weapons like a plasma rifle doing more shield damage. It makes perfect sense to give players access to both sets of information separately so they can make more informed decisions.

As for the reason behind it there is a canon explaination that Bungie gave back in Halo 2 that newer armor had built in biofoam injectors among other things. Beyond that the only explanation is ‘video game’, health packs healing any wound doesn’t really make sense either shrugs.

> 2533274870591903;4:
> H5 hud in question
>
> Top bar shield
> Bottom bar health
> Call out above radar
>
> Rest is same as always
> Ps that ADS people complain about is just a reskinned zoom.
>
> They should add an indicator for thruster

thruster has an indicator i believe. the top right red triangle means no thruster. its about a 4 second recharge time.

> 2533274813758308;3:
> ^ yup, I actually like the regenerating health idea. There’s a lot of newer “modern” features in Halo 5 that I can’t wait to see how they work myself.

Regenerating Health has been here since Halo 2. It just hasn’t been visible until Reach, which had health that only regenerated to a certain degree.

There’s also a white line above the shield bar that counts down when your shield needs to regenerate, which is a nice touch.

> 2533274808932726;5:
> > 2533274870591903;4:
> > H5 hud in question
> >
> > Top bar shield
> > Bottom bar health
> > Call out above radar
> >
> >
>
>

if I remember properly the mjolnir armor heals spartan in case of low damages (Halo: the fall of reach, i guess)

> 2533274808932726;5:
> > 2533274870591903;4:
> > H5 hud in question
> >
> > Top bar shield
> > Bottom bar health
> > Call out above radar
> >
> >
>
>
>
>

Halo has had regenerating health for a while, at least I think so. It just wasn’t visible. The suit is equipped with biofoam injectors.