Halo 5 Helmet Survey Results!

Imgur

If you need a memory jogger on what the helmets look like, this is for you:

Imgur

More statistics:

All up, 623 people responded to the survey across Reddit and Waypoint, so thank you!

On average, a helmet in Halo 5 received a rating of 49.3%
Halo: CE snagged the most popular helmet overall by 0.1%, with the Mark V Delta.
Most divisive went to the Aviator helmet, with only two votes separating Likes and Dislikes.
Least Popular helmet in Halo 5 went to the Seeker helmet, which received only 24 votes out of the 623. Respect to those of you that venture into multiplayer wearing that… ‘thing’…

Halo Reach was the most popular originator of helmets, with an average of 86.1%
In Halo Reach, Indomitable was the most well liked at 95%, only 0.1% behind the overall winner, while Security Gen 1 took least liked, with a rating of 70.4%

Next was Halo 3, with an average of 79.2%. Most popular being the CQB helmet at 85.8%, with Security bringing up the rear at 69.2%.

Halo 4 came next, with an average of 43.6%. Most popular went to it’s variation of EVA with a rating of 85.1%, with least popular being the Infiltrator helm at 8.7%.

Lastly was Halo 5, with an average of 38.9%. Most popular was Buck’s Helljumper in 7th place overall with a rating of 93%, while least popular was John Merrick’s Seeker, in 99th place with 3.9%

And in case you were wondering; Osiris is apparently the more fashionable fireteam in Halo 5, with an average rating of 76.9%, compared to Blue Team’s 74.5%

That’s all I got. Thank you everybody who voted and gave their opinions!

Link 1.

Link 2.

Nice job on the stat charts :+1:

Nice work getting the data.

Achilles!! i expected better from u!

Nice, I took that survey.

You know, kind of surprised that Mark V Delta won. I knew it would be one of the classic helmets, but I thought it would be either Wrath or Mark IV. Mark V Delta is one of the three classic helms I actually anyways so it’s all good with me. Wetwork is still bae though.

> 2533274950478805;6:
> You know, kind of surprised that Mark V Delta won. I knew it would be one of the classic helmets, but I thought it would be either Wrath or Mark IV. Mark V Delta is one of the three classic helms I actually anyways so it’s all good with me. Wetwork is still bae though.

I’m more shocked that Alpha isn’t at the bottom with Seeker and that some people think it’s better than some helmets like Decimator, Viper, Void Dancer and Icarus (WHY ONLY 26.3%?! THAT HELMET’S AMAZING!)

> 2533274883849234;7:
> > 2533274950478805;6:
> > You know, kind of surprised that Mark V Delta won. I knew it would be one of the classic helmets, but I thought it would be either Wrath or Mark IV. Mark V Delta is one of the three classic helms I actually anyways so it’s all good with me. Wetwork is still bae though.
>
> I’m more shocked that Alpha isn’t at the bottom with Seeker and that some people think it’s better than some helmets like Decimator, Viper, Void Dancer and Icarus (WHY ONLY 26.3%?! THAT HELMET’S AMAZING!)

Wetwork is a lot higher than I though it would be. Also, WHY NO LOVE FOR INFILTRATOR?

Quite surprised at some of the results. Honestly, I thought Mark V Alpha would be near the bottom (it looks like a damn ugly hamburger). But Recon GEN1 for 3rd place? Nice!

Kinda sad to see Seeker dead last, I was hoping it would beat at least one other helmet.

Ugh, why people were so negative! WHY MARAUDER, SOLDIER, RAIDER, CINDER, DEADEYE, RANGER SO LOW RATED??

Interesting that Infiltrator got in so bad position, but its body is so amazing my Spartan is wearing it now.

> 2535408579825036;4:
> Achilles!! i expected better from u!

I expected less, actually. I personally find Achilles to be one ugly helmet.

In any case, this is a very interesting list! It really shows that Bungie really knew how to design helmets, whereas 343i is still struggling. Once again, the classic art style prevails. :slight_smile:

This is very cool and interesting! Maybe if 343 sees this they can confidently choose which helmet should come back in h6 and how they can make new ones!

> 2533274808386392;12:
> > 2535408579825036;4:
> > Achilles!! i expected better from u!
>
> I expected less, actually. I personally find Achilles to be one ugly helmet.
>
> In any case, this is a very interesting list! It really shows that Bungie really knew how to design helmets, whereas 343i is still struggling. Once again, the classic art style prevails. :slight_smile:

Same, I think it is a very ugly armor set that really has no place in Halo. Though I could also say that about many of the new H4/H5 armor sets as well.

> 2533274837720524;14:
> > 2533274808386392;12:
> > > 2535408579825036;4:
> > > Achilles!! i expected better from u!
> >
> > I expected less, actually. I personally find Achilles to be one ugly helmet.
> >
> > In any case, this is a very interesting list! It really shows that Bungie really knew how to design helmets, whereas 343i is still struggling. Once again, the classic art style prevails. :slight_smile:
>
> Same, I think it is a very ugly armor set that really has no place in Halo. Though I could also say that about many of the new H4/H5 armor sets as well.

I second this completely. Honestly, the only armours in Halo 5 that I actually like are the campaign sets, classic armours and a very very small amount of original armours. Dynast is pretty good, Helioskrill is cool, Anubis isn’t bad, and Buccaneer is very reminiscent of Halo 3-era EVA. Otherwise, the armours range from “meh” to outright bad.

Not surprise to see Seeker at the bottom of the list