Halo 5 has the worst slayer maps ever?

When I cycled through the multiplayer maps for the first time, I expected beautiful and unique maps but I couldn’t believe what I saw when I was finished cycling through the maps. This Halo has the most inspiration less and boring maps I have ever played in a Halo game. A lotta maps look and play similar and seem like they could have been made with forge. Some maps have a boring and ugly industrial setting as if you are playing in a factory. 3 to 4 maps are the same maps as in Breakout mode!!! This is so cheap. I played for 1 hour and am already bored??? This is crazy.

Lets take Halo 2 for example. Every map looked and played different. In Halo 5 the maps look and play the same. Not many outside maps with nature settings.

Very lazy 343!

Who agrees the maps are really boring and have an ugly setting?

I would love to see more outdoor maps. Beaver Creek still sticks in my memory.

Nope they are good to me. Better than halo 4

Some of the industrial one are ugly though I enjoy the ones set in the urban setting. The breakout mode was inspired by paintball and was modeled around those kinds of maps. They have similar layouts but many different options for cover and different control points. Im ok with the maps so far though I hope the creativity of them increase as we get more.

From what I’ve seen, the maps look absolutely awful in terms of layout, and aesthetic. I completely see where you’re coming from, OP.

> 2533274800273892;3:
> Nope they are good to me. Better than halo 4

Better than Halo 4 is really easy mate.

> 2533274840624875;4:
> Some of the industrial one are ugly though I enjoy the ones set in the urban setting. The breakout mode was inspired by paintball and was modeled around those kinds of maps. They have similar layouts but many different options for cover and different control points. Im ok with the maps so far though I hope the creativity of them increase as we get more.

I know it was inspired by paintball but it’s really easy to make 100000 of the same looking maps.

We need more rotation. More than 4 maps.

I only like one of the maps where as I liked almost all in halo3. Hope DLC brings some better ones.

> 2533274910858891;9:
> I only like one of the maps where as I liked almost all in halo3. Hope DLC brings some better ones.

Thats what I mean.

Sad to say that I agree. I never would have dreamed that the maps could get worse compared to H4, but they have.

The industrial setting is over used and there is far to much clutter for my liking. The best way to describe these new maps is “to busy” to many pointless corridors, pointless walls and boxes to break lines of sight, 90 degree angles, etc.

There is one promising outdoor map that I enjoy though. (the name escapes me) but it seems a bit more simplistic compared to the factory type maps.

> 2533274800587152;11:
> Sad to say that I agree. I never would have dreamed that the maps could get worse compared to H4, but they have.
>
> The industrial setting is over used and there is far to much clutter for my liking. The best way to describe these new maps is “to busy” to many pointless corridors, pointless walls and boxes to break lines of sight, 90 degree angles, etc.
>
> There is one promising outdoor map that I enjoy though. (the name escapes me) but it seems a bit more simplistic compared to the factory type maps.

Im thinking you are thinking of orion maybe? with the sniper and rail gun?

For most of them I’m honestly confused. What’s with the maps that have the same thumbnail, but take you to an existing map?

And what’s with Pegasus? It looks like the devs took a giant premade structure in a Forge template map, made it ignore physics, and just slapped it onto the ground. The grass pokes through the center of the map and it looks really sloppy. Are some of these maps glitched? Or am I just missing something? Also, where’s Forge? I didn’t read anywhere that it wasn’t going to be included at launch.

The maps are unmemorable and Orion looks like Halo CE graphs.

Small boxed-in maps with complicated, good looking textures and little else. This is the slow CODisation of Halo.

The maps are perfectly fine. Some of them look like they were made in forge because they actually were. The industrial maps aren’t designed for beauty. It’s industrial! I think they may have a few nice maps up their sleeves. Regret looks very nice. They all establish a certain atmosphere. I would like to see some genuinely gorgeous maps though. Like a super gorgeous ivory tower for instance, but made outside. I still feel the existing maps look very good.

Orion.

What a map this is. It looks like 343 stopped working halfway through. and thought “-Yoink- it, it’s outside, not dark and has a bit of sand, it’s orignal!”

I am pretty most of the Halo fanbase could create a better map in Forge and Orion is CLEARLY a Forge map. Want to know something else? I actually don’t remember the slayer map names, that is how below average they are BUT I -Yoink!- know this piece of -Yoink- name.

> 2533274840624875;12:
> > 2533274800587152;11:
> > Sad to say that I agree. I never would have dreamed that the maps could get worse compared to H4, but they have.
> >
> > The industrial setting is over used and there is far to much clutter for my liking. The best way to describe these new maps is “to busy” to many pointless corridors, pointless walls and boxes to break lines of sight, 90 degree angles, etc.
> >
> > There is one promising outdoor map that I enjoy though. (the name escapes me) but it seems a bit more simplistic compared to the factory type maps.
>
>
> Im thinking you are thinking of orion maybe? with the sniper and rail gun?

Nah, it has a bridge in the center (with no actual bridge) and it’s symmetrical.

I think the maps are good for swat. They are pretty awesome but there can be spawn issues due to the layout of them. I would love to see bigger and better thought out maps in the future but its not a huge issue to me.

> 2533274800587152;18:
> > 2533274840624875;12:
> > > 2533274800587152;11:
> > > Sad to say that I agree. I never would have dreamed that the maps could get worse compared to H4, but they have.
> > >
> > > The industrial setting is over used and there is far to much clutter for my liking. The best way to describe these new maps is “to busy” to many pointless corridors, pointless walls and boxes to break lines of sight, 90 degree angles, etc.
> > >
> > > There is one promising outdoor map that I enjoy though. (the name escapes me) but it seems a bit more simplistic compared to the factory type maps.
> >
> >
> > Im thinking you are thinking of orion maybe? with the sniper and rail gun?
>
>
> Nah, it has a bridge in the center (with no actual bridge) and it’s symmetrical.

Coliseum