Halo 5 has the best marketing campaign I've seen

Has anyone else noticed how huge the hype train is for Halo 5?

All of the built up hype from Hunt the Truth, the vague symbolic trailers, the awesome additions and contracts with competitive multiplayer… It reminds me so much of the days of Halo 2 and the ad campaign/ hype going on then.

It is an awesome time to be a Halo fan if you ask me! 13 years going strong and 343 is making it easier than ever to stay a Halo fan.

Thats what happens when u take time to make a good game filled with lore instead of releasing the same game every year with new maps and something loosely called a story campaign (looking at you COD)

> 2533274810042925;2:
> Thats what happens when u take time to make a good game filled with lore instead of releasing the same game every year with new maps and something loosely called a story campaign (looking at you COD)

True!! I would much rather wait 2-3 years for a solid release than spend my money on yoinky crap. I have refused to buy COD games since MW3.

> 2533274810042925;2:
> Thats what happens when u take time to make a good game filled with lore instead of releasing the same game every year with new maps and something loosely called a story campaign (looking at you COD)

I have actually enjoyed most COD campaigns (not nearly as much as Halo though)

Eww CoD. The hype is real for me with this game. Idk, but it’s on the same level as i was for halo 2.

343 has done a wonderful job hyping people up. No gamefuel though :’(

Couldn’t agree more. True, they may not have had one of their classic ARGs (I love bees or IRIS), (not counting hunt the signal as that one sort of just stopped at the end) but hunt the truth has honestly been amazing in it’s own right. Even my girlfriend who hasn’t yet played any of the games is loving it. All the books too, Last Light and New Blood in particular were incredible. They’ve just managed to balance and interweave every aspect of the marketing and extended universe so wellthis last year, I can’t applaud them enough (though Nightfall was a bit lacklustre)

> 2533274817022148;6:
> 343 has done a wonderful job hyping people up. No gamefuel though :’(

Right? I miss my gamefuel days.

Agreed. Now lets hope it stands up to the hype (which I think it will).

> 2533274796452734;7:
> Couldn’t agree more. True, they may not have had one of their classic ARGs (I love bees or IRIS), (not counting hunt the signal as that one sort of just stopped at the end) but hunt the truth has honestly been amazing in it’s own right. Even my girlfriend who hasn’t yet played any of the games is loving it. All the books too, Last Light and New Blood in particular were incredible. They’ve just managed to balance and interweave every aspect of the marketing and extended universe so wellthis last year, I can’t applaud them enough (though Nightfall was a bit lacklustre)

Hunt the Truth hasn’t finished yet. Season 2 is back on.

I <3 Bees was magic. I think the Hunt The Truth podcast really captures that. I’m pretty psyched for 5

yeah the hunt the truth campaign has really been successful. I think because it challenges everything we think we know about chief. like he CANT be a traitor but there is still the unknown and that’s what makes this so good and intriguing.

my body is ready…

I’m just going to assume you weren’t around for the Believe campaign.

One more week

The Halo franchise has always had a pretty decent marketing campaign for as long as I can remember.

> 2533274843867425;14:
> I’m just going to assume you weren’t around for the Believe campaign.

believe had the best live trailers in gaming history.

> 2533274843867425;14:
> I’m just going to assume you weren’t around for the Believe campaign.

If I was around for the Halo 2 campaign I was probably around for the Halo 3 campaign 3 years later. Maybe it’s the nostalgia around H2, but the hype for H5 reminds me of the feeling I had during that time.

You just spend more money on advertising than developing the game. Simple stuff really.

> 2535451882237852;3:
> > 2533274810042925;2:
> > Thats what happens when u take time to make a good game filled with lore instead of releasing the same game every year with new maps and something loosely called a story campaign (looking at you COD)
>
>
> True!! I would much rather wait 2-3 years for a solid release than spend my money on yoinky crap. I have refused to buy COD games since MW3.

Yeah CoD had a few good games imo (CoD4, BLOPS2, MW2). I think if CoD didn’t have two developers it might be alright. Also I feel CoD needs to revisit WWII, since back then there were a limited number of weapons available, which in turn would make multiplayer easier to balance. Oh well RIP cod…#WEBACKHALO