Halo 5 has a major problem.

The major problem I am referring to is cloud computing. In order to take advantage of cloud computing, the game will need to be online all the time. This is not a good thing. I should be able to play my game that I bought, even if I don’t have an Internet connection. Now of course I do have Internet, but lately, Long Island has been having a hurricane problem. We lose power for weeks because Lipa is incredibly bad at doing their job. So if I lose Internet, I won’t be able to play my favorite game. I don’t like this, what do you guys think?

Well, halo 4 was going in this direction, remember that if you complete the campaign on legendary offline it doesn’t give you the awards…

Cite the RELIABLE source that says Halo 5 will require always online. Multiple game developers have said that the cloud can’t really be used for in game functionality because virtually nobody has the requisite connection speed.

Cloud will be able to be used for in menu stuff, background calculations, and data storage. It apparently won’t be something that makes a difference while in game.

I think they won’t limit Campaign or Custom Games to offline players. The Cloud should amplify the experience, not define it.

Yes! It’s a next-generation console. Technology has improved.

> Cite the RELIABLE source that says Halo 5 will require always online. Multiple game developers have said that the cloud can’t really be used for in game functionality because virtually nobody has the requisite connection speed.
>
> Cloud will be able to be used for in menu stuff, background calculations, and data storage. It apparently won’t be something that makes a difference while in game.

The only thing that cloud processing will be used for are features that require internet connectivity anyway, such as online multiplayer.

> The only thing that cloud processing will be used for are features that require internet connectivity anyway, such as online multiplayer.

This.

And Cloud Computing hasn’t been a confirmed feature by 343i (though they will obviously take advantage of it)

> > The only thing that cloud processing will be used for are features that require internet connectivity anyway, such as online multiplayer.
>
> This.
>
> And Cloud Computing hasn’t been a confirmed feature by 343i (though they will obviously take advantage of it)

Didn’t they say it would use cloud computing when they showed the trailer?

> > > The only thing that cloud processing will be used for are features that require internet connectivity anyway, such as online multiplayer.
> >
> > This.
> >
> > And Cloud Computing hasn’t been a confirmed feature by 343i (though they will obviously take advantage of it)
>
> Didn’t they say it would use cloud computing when they showed the trailer?

It was dedicated servers . 343i can use cloud for some stuff like AI and physics kinda like what titanfall and forza with it’s “divatars” are doing.

> > > > The only thing that cloud processing will be used for are features that require internet connectivity anyway, such as online multiplayer.
> > >
> > > This.
> > >
> > > And Cloud Computing hasn’t been a confirmed feature by 343i (though they will obviously take advantage of it)
> >
> > Didn’t they say it would use cloud computing when they showed the trailer?
>
> It was dedicated servers . 343i can use cloud for some stuff like AI and physics kinda like what titanfall and forza with it’s “divatars” are doing.

Guarantee you that cloud will not be used for in game AI and physics. If it does that will make the game absolutely unplayable for anyone that isn’t in the same state as the servers.