Halo 5 has a lot of competition this year

So, Halo 5 is going up against rainbow six siege, black ops 3, battlefront, and fallout 4. Because of this, I don’t think Halo 5 can be as successful or sell as much as it could. While rainbow six siege may not pose a threat, The black ops cods are the most popular and preorders for black ops 3 are up. People may want to get that instead of Halo. Battlefront is a star wars game that has been hyped since battlefront 2 released. It will surely take sales from Halo 5. Fallout 4, do I even need to say anything? Most of us on this forum will probably buy Halo 5 but that is because we are the biggest Halo fans out there. But for the casual audience who don’t follow video games much and can only buy 2 video games this holiday season may just forget about Halo and just go with battlefront and cod. The only reason Halo 5 may do good is through their massive marketing campaign, and the fact that it is an exclusive so most Xbox players at least know about it.

I think Halo 5 will do good considering it is coming out in October instead of November. Most people are getting tired of the games they have and they want to buy a new game soon. With Halo 5 coming out October 27th the only competition will be Rainbow Six Seige. Halo 5 will sell at least 3 million copies before Christmas.

Well in my country LCE and LE pre-orders are sold out, and as Random said Halo it’s coming out before the others games.
Good games are coming this year but Halo is Halo, we’ll see a lot of new players and the old ones playing arena and warzone.

Is that a lot of competition? These are big titles, sure, but, is it really a lot?

The game will sell fine and probably break some of the franchises records. I doubt many of those people will continue to play for very long though.

For me personally, I’m not really interested in these other games - so Halo’s a no-brainer for me and where all my time’s gonna be devoted to. At least until Kingdom Hearts 3 rolls around - but that’d just be a diversion and not a replacement hehe.

But sales and population wise, yeah - competition aplenty but I don’t think it’d cause too much harm if the game’s as good as or better than the Beta was.

Halo 5 and Doom are the only two that I am excited for. But I’m a special snow-flake and OP is right, there will be millions and billions spent on Blops 3 and Fout 4 alone.

At the moment all I have pre ordered is halo 5 and battlefront. I’m not really sold on rainbow six. It looks like one of those games you have to wait and see how it turns out. I looks great though. BlOps 3… While it looks ok, I just don’t see myself buying it. And I definitely don’t have time to put into fallout 4 lol.

I I can’t wait to play halo 5. At the moment it looks like the best for me. I am dying for more information on it and battlefront.

Seems like the same amount of competition as always, to be honest…

Would be much more excited for Battlefront if it had a single player campaign…

Fallout 4 is a different type of game for a different audience, alot of rpg fans dont like fps games so wouldnt get halo to begin with

Rianbow 6 i know nothing about

Battlefront is a major disapointment to everyone, this game will flop

so really halos only real competition is from cod

> 2533274830733064;8:
> At the moment all I have pre ordered is halo 5 and battlefront. I’m not really sold on rainbow six. It looks like one of those games you have to wait and see how it turns out. I looks great though. BlOps 3… While it looks ok, I just don’t see myself buying it. And I definitely don’t have time to put into fallout 4 lol.
>
> I I can’t wait to play halo 5. At the moment it looks like the best for me. I am dying for more information on it and battlefront.

Halo 5 and Fallout are the big ones for me. Siege looks fun but you need a team that can communicate and Xbox Live has been rather quiet for the past few years. I might get it around Christmas though. However, more people are starting to talk in MCC so it’s a sign things are changing. Battlefront looks amazing but I’m going to wait until after release to see if it really is amazing. And CoD is CoD. Which I hate.

Halo 5 though, it’s the most hyped I’ve been for anything, hell it might be the most hyped I’ll ever be for anything. I need this game and I needed it a week after the beta ended. The withdrawl is still hitting me hard.

And then there’s Fallout 4. I just want to build my own version of Megaton in Boston lol

> 2533274883849234;12:
> > 2533274830733064;8:
> > At the moment all I have pre ordered is halo 5 and battlefront. I’m not really sold on rainbow six. It looks like one of those games you have to wait and see how it turns out. I looks great though. BlOps 3… While it looks ok, I just don’t see myself buying it. And I definitely don’t have time to put into fallout 4 lol.
> >
> > I I can’t wait to play halo 5. At the moment it looks like the best for me. I am dying for more information on it and battlefront.
>
>
> Halo 5 and Fallout are the big ones for me. Siege looks fun but you need a team that can communicate and Xbox Live has been rather quiet for the past few years. I might get it around Christmas though. However, more people are starting to talk in MCC so it’s a sign things are changing. Battlefront looks amazing but I’m going to wait until after release to see if it really is amazing. And CoD is CoD. Which I hate.
>
> Halo 5 though, it’s the most hyped I’ve been for anything, hell it might be the most hyped I’ll ever be for anything. I need this game and I needed it a week after the beta ended. The withdrawl is still hitting me hard.
>
> And then there’s Fallout 4. I just want to build my own version of Megaton in Boston lol

Halo 5 is my most hyped game this year, but I feel like the casual audience who don’t follow gaming that much just might go for battlefront since its a star wars game and cod so they can play with their friend. Honestly fallout 4 doesn’t interest me that much but I know its very hyped(the voice actor for the male protagonist is Roland), but mgsv and just cause look far more appealing, but they don’t release near Halo 5. I just hope Halo 5s population will remain high and not drop off after black ops comes out like it did with Halo 4

> 2533274870790671;11:
> Fallout 4 is a different type of game for a different audience, alot of rpg fans dont like fps games so wouldnt get halo to begin with

Fallout 4 is very much an FPS.

I think the earlier release date for this halo title will help it sell more copies before 2016.

Rainbow Six Seige I want to be good, but idk especially with Ubisofts track record lately. Also CoD is no different it’s something people get every year and I don’t think will take that many sales from Halo considering Halo comes out October also the holidays are around the corner people usually get multiple games. Also Halo is doing pretty good in pre-orders it’s up there with Black Ops 3. Star Wars will obviously sell well because it’s Star Wars and like you said has been hyped up, but honestly wouldn’t hold my breath for that game especially with no campaign and few modes, but hopefully it surprises me. Fallout 4 mostly everyone will get. Tbh never been a huge fallout fan, but Fallout 4 looks great. Halo will do very well and I think will be a game of the year contender

Well considering Halo 5 has the second most preorders out of all the impending games this year (COD being #1), I think it will do just fine. (Idk if that statistic is still correct, so tell me if I’m wrong. That’s what it was last time I checked though)

Well im fairly sure it will sell well. Will it keep its audience is the real question, considering free map packs and the req system i reckon it might especially if they offer a req pack every week you log in or something like that.

> 2533274826317859;18:
> Well im fairly sure it will sell well. Will it keep its audience is the real question, considering free map packs and the req system i reckon it might especially if they offer a req pack every week you log in or something like that.

That’s a good idea, what’s the number for 411? I need to know 343s number so I can tell them this. But, that is a good incentive to keep playing

I like the Rainbow Sixes, and Ghost Recon Future Soldier. Though it may turn out just like GRFS, where it was a great game, but felt too reliant on a team. Not only that, but GRFS didn’t really have that much support behind it, and it fell off into the wind.

The game felt time consuming, from ranking up, trying to obtain an op Autoturret, etc. Kind of a frustrating game. That should almost never be played without a party. I’d like to play it sometimes, but I didn’t really have a group most of the time. Just felt like utter Chaos to be playing with randoms, a lot worse than Halo. You really can survive in CoD or Halo going solo, but GRFS, I’d more or less laugh. I mean, the game had fallback Spawns so that you wouldn’t be getting spawn killed as badly.

Siege looks like you really need to have a team to enjoy the game. Discussing how to infiltrate the enemy and secure a hostage with no mics. These are not games you can just run in and shoot without being tactful. It doesn’t take much to -Yoink- and die from something. I will say GRFS was much fun playing at the time. It had a plethora of customization that I loved.