Halo 5 = Halo Reach

What is up with all the haters? Everyone keeps comparing halo 5 to the old halo games.
You know what? Halo 5 is halo all the way.
It’s a logical step forward. It might not be perfect yet, but it’s in the hands of 343I to make it perfect.

It might have flaws, but the ‘criticism’ people write on this board is mostly stupid kids whining about stupid stuff just because they can’t be happy about what they get. If 5 was exactly like the old halo games, it simply couldn’t keep up with today’s standards.

It’s funny because this is the same as when reach was released. People were ranting over reach since the beta and now most consider it as a good or even the best halo ever.
Now please sit back, give good feedback and let’s hope for the best.

Yeah, I actually am enjoying this game.

I was having the same thoughts, this game has the halo feel from Reach, I am liking it a lot.

I also really enjoy the game and you really talk sense when you say that if halo 5 was similar to older halos it wouldn’t be able to hold up. My only issue though is the radar but that’s a very petty complaint in an ocean of awesome.

> 2533274858578807;2:
> Yeah, I actually am enjoying this game.
>
> I was having the same thoughts, this game has the halo feel from Reach, I am liking it a lot.

Same here.

Its better than Halo 4. Still uneasy about the req system, ranking system, and quitters. It’s still a good game to play till other major titles come out like Fallout 4. Overall its a good halo title despite the major gripes I have with it.

I can’t compare this halo title with the others it is another beast all together.

Give people some time to adjust

Personally me being a long time halo player, I think people just need to accept that as the years pass halo changes and becomes more advanced with its gameplay. I accept it as it is now; for it is newer and I expect it to be different than the older games.

This games feels nothing like Reach.

Bungie were the ones who took logical steps. 343 seems to just want to make leaps and bounds. Some people didn’t like reach simply because it introduced armor abilities where as people don’t like 5 for several changes. I thought Reach was great and was a logical step from the deployable stuff in H3 but I don’t like H5, they’ve changed so much of the base game due to trying to balance perma sprint and the boost pack amongst other things. I don’t see anything wrong with comparing to past Halo games as that’s what the franchise is, that’s where it came from and if differs drastically a lot of people won’t like it. I’m not saying it shouldn’t change, I’m saying the changes should be gradual. I you look at the differences from CE to 2 to 3 they’re gradual and reasonable.

Halo 5 has been decent but people are acting like its the best halo ever and in reality its an OK game overall and mediocre game when compared to the franchise as a whole. And micro transactions really in -Yoinking!- halo I mean comon 343

I get that not everyone is going to love this game, but the hate is unwarranted in my opinion. Unfortunately, a lot of people say a game is totally ruined if there is a single feature they hate. I hated armor lock in Reach, but I still loved the game.

The campaign was a lot of fun. Not the best. Not the worst (my opinion is that Halo 2 was the worst, but still a good game).

The MP is some of the best in the series to me. The maps are limited, but I am okay with that knowing that more are on the horizon.

I agree i think halo 5 will be considered one of the best down the road

I think H5 is way better than Reach and will only improve with time. Besides do you really want to deal with the Reach armor lock again?

I’ll take this over Halo 4 any day of the week.

Halo vet reporting for duty.

Halo: Reach was an insight to how Halo was going to evolve. It had mixed reviews. On the whole, I thought it was pretty decent.

Halo 4 however, was the first fully-fledged Halo title from 343. Personally, I didn’t enjoy it so much.

Halo 5 now… I really like this. I think they’ve refined the game and they’ve found which direction they want to go in. Sure, it’ll take a few tweaks here and there, but Halo 5 is great.

Yea haters gonna hate. You have to adapt with change. I expect my halo games to feel the same when I buy an anniversary version but for sequels I appreciate some change

> 2533274856583425;1:
> What is up with all the haters? Everyone keeps comparing halo 5 to the old halo games.
> You know what? Halo 5 is halo all the way.
> It’s a logical step forward. It might not be perfect yet, but it’s in the hands of 343I to make it perfect.
>
> It might have flaws, but the ‘criticism’ people write on this board is mostly stupid kids whining about stupid stuff just because they can’t be happy about what they get. If 5 was exactly like the old halo games, it simply couldn’t keep up with today’s standards.
>
> It’s funny because this is the same as when reach was released. People were ranting over reach since the beta and now most consider it as a good or even the best halo ever.
> Now please sit back, give good feedback and let’s hope for the best.

The “love” for reach is a misconception. If it wasn’t for how bad Halo 4 was, then reach would be the worst game play out of all Halos. Remember “bloom” on the DMR? Yeah, that killed the competitive nature of Halo in Reach. Remember jetpack and armor lock? Yeah, those ruined gameplay. Remember sprint being added? Sprint is the worst addition to halo, period, end of a story. The “love” for Reach is everything EXCEPT the gameplay. The story was great, the customization of your Spartan was great, forge was great, theatre was great, lots of game types. Reach failed a huge portion of the Halo Fan base and this failure wasn’t realized until Halo 4 expanded upon the horrible decisions made in Reach. It wasn’t until Halo 4 that people finally realized how bad all those changes were, hence the focus of Halo 5 to return to it’s roots. The Spartan abilities are much better in Halo 5 and aren’t game breaking like jetpack and armor lock, but sadly sprint is still here proving that 343 still doesn’t understand what is best for Halo.

These explosions of criticism have been occurring after the release of Halo games since Halo 2 in 2004.

> 2533274864475126;16:
> Yea haters gonna hate. You have to adapt with change. I expect my halo games to feel the same when I buy an anniversary version but for sequels I appreciate some change

It’s funny you say that, I see people say you must adapt to change, yet look at how hard the casuals are crying because the radar has been slightly changed for the better! They are crying harder than Halo purists ever had. So basically, what we will soon learn is that Halo can change every single thing about it, we can replace Spartan’s with Call of Duty characters, but the one thing that can’t change is radar because casuals get too butthurt about it and can’t handle change.

I think this is the best balanced Halo game to date.