Halo 5 Guardians - We're going to the Ark!

“It is 2555, more than two years after the Master Chief went missing-in-action following a decisive conflict on Installation 00—the massive, extragalactic Forerunner construct known as the Ark—as part of the final chapter in humanity’s bloody thirty-year struggle against the overwhelming forces of the Covenant. Now, as a tenuous peace exists between the humans and the Elites, a startling scientific discovery is made…and the riddle behind its Forerunner origins could very well seal the fate of the entire galaxy within a matter of weeks. In order to unravel these dangerous secrets, a heroic, hastily formed coalition of humans and Elites must attempt to overcome their differences as they embark on a covert mission back to the Ark—an astonishing, enigmatic place beyond comprehension from which few have returned and where mortal danger awaits them all”

Now, if you watch the H2A Cutscene of Halo 5 Guardians, you must can see the bird.
If you read that, you will understand that we will go to the ark, probably with Locke, to make a mission to take this monument.

What do you think?

hmmmmm…interesting

…We can see the gravemind?..

You realize this is for one of the upcoming books right? It’s for Hunters in the Dark releasing on June 16, 2015

> 2533274883849234;4:
> You realize this is for one of the upcoming books right?

Yes “Halo: Hunters In The Dark”

> 2533275005723192;5:
> > 2533274883849234;4:
> > You realize this is for one of the upcoming books right?
>
>
>
> Yes “Halo: Hunters In The Dark”

Then you must also realize that it’s set in 2555? Two years before Halo 4 and three years before H5. While it’s possible that we are returning to the Ark in H5, going off of a book’s synopsis and the E3 trailer is really stretching it. The Ark isn’t all a sandy desert that everyone seems to be thinking for some reason. We’ve seen lush forests and artic regions as well. We’ve also seen plenty of human colonies that are largely sandy deserts or at least have regions of deserts like Reach. It could even be one of hundreds of human or even Covenant colonies we’ve never heard of. Yes, the bird thing is in Halo 5. Yes, it encounters Chief and Locke and his team at some point. But, we get no other information other then that.

But I think so
I think we go to the ark!

> 2533275005723192;7:
> But I think so
> I think we go to the ark!

As do a lot of people, the problem here is you’re basing your information off of a two minute E3 trailer from two years ago that gives no hints at all to the Ark (do not go and pull the whole “but it’s a giant Forerunner construct attacking Chief!” thing because every planet in Halo is literally covered in Forerunner constructs and structures), and a book’s synopsis that hasn’t been released and won’t be for roughly three months. On top of that, Hunters in the Dark takes place three years before the events of Halo 5, of which we can now confirm Blind Wolves returning. It’s a very very very weak argument with next to no facts to back it up.

Going back to the Ark would be neat, and kind of nostalgic is you’ve played Halo 3. But… it does seem like Chief was on the Ark recently. Halo 3 ended with Chief, Cortana, and the Arbiter nearly destroying the Ark and, in Halo 4, we end up in Requiem. I think going back to the Ark this soon may seem a bit redundant. Maybe near the end of the new campaign, but starting the new story with a place we just escaped from (well, escaped from then took a nap for 4 years) is a little weird. I’m kind of hoping for the Elite homeworld, or possibly finding a flood world (wouldn’t that be a BEAUTIFUL sight XD )