Halo 5: Guardians revelation?

After reading Halo Escalation, this is what I believe the plot of Halo 5 will be centered around:

In the latest Escalation Comic (#16), Halsey and Jul 'Mdama escape with the Janus key, and use it to discover the location of the Absolute Record (the place which lists the whereabouts of all of Forerunner technology).

The Storm Covenant, I presume, (perhaps) alongside the New Colonial Alliance (Insurrectionist group Initiation & Escalation) are the ones attacking outer colony worlds.

The Storm Covenant and New Colonial Alliance being allied up is a bit far-stretched, but there were Elite mercenaries working with the NCA in Escalation, so it’s possible.

Anyway, as I was saying, the attacks on the outer colony worlds (mentioned in the description for Halo 5: G) are surely done by the Storm Covenant and 'Jul Mdama looking to stake their claim for power.

Not only will they have every piece of Forerunner technology at their disposal (perhaps another reason why they’re attacking colony worlds- to own Forerunner structures perhaps hidden on these worlds), but they’ve also been trying to create other super-weapons.

E.g., Halo Nightfall- they hire miners and middlemen to mine the substance off Alpha Halo which selectively kills humans,

& Escalation- the earlier story with the Jackals- they’re testing a biological weapon which could be used on humans.

Of course, all of that doesn’t particularly explain what 117 is up to. What does the Master Chief have (‘the seeds of our future are sown in his past’) that could influence the colony worlds being attacked?

Well, perhaps, if he does in fact have the IsoDidact’s geas imprinted within him (as many people theories), maybe he is somehow capable of controlling Forerunner technology- or, at least, disabling the access to all the technology so it can’t be used by the Storm Covenant.

Or, maybe it’s related to what the Librarian gave him- the immunity to the composer?

Or, having the IsoDidact’s imprint, maybe he is the only one capable of releasing Mendicant Bias from the Ark, and Bias is able to stop the Forerunner technologies- being used by 'Mdama- causing havoc on the outer colony worlds (remember, he wants to atone for his sins and is likely to assist the Chief.

Anyway, I’m rambling. Food for thought.

I haven’t read Escalation so I could be speaking completely out of turn here but, doesn’t the Janus Key need both half to function? Not to mention last I knew, from Spartan ops, Jul and Halsey escaped with one half, and ONI ended up with the other half. So, unless Jul and Halsey somehow retrieved the second half of said key, how would they know where, or even be able, to find the absolute record?

Are you sure that the…

…Storm Covenant are the ones attacking the outer colonies?

From the H5 description it definitely sounds like a new thread… which would make a lot more sense as we’ve battled Covenant factions for far too long and H5 is supposed to be the kick-start of a new trilogy.

> 2678703528375484;2:
> I haven’t read Escalation so I could be speaking completely out of turn here but, doesn’t the Janus Key need both half to function? Not to mention last I knew, from Spartan ops, Jul and Halsey escaped with one half, and ONI ended up with the other half. So, unless Jul and Halsey somehow retrieved the second half of said key, how would they know where, or even be able, to find the absolute record?

In Escalation #16, Halsey and 'Mdama escape with both parts of the Janus key.

> 2533274793332039;3:
> Are you sure that the…
>
>
>
>
> …Storm Covenant are the ones attacking the outer colonies?
>
> From the H5 description it definitely sounds like a new thread… which would make a lot more sense as we’ve battled Covenant factions for far too long and H5 is supposed to be the kick-start of a new trilogy.
>

I’m not certain, but it’s my best guess.

If it is a new thread, a new enemy, then best guess would be the…

Precursor/star roads/flood from the Forerunner saga slowly taking over the galaxy. But this wouldn’t make a lot of sense, as all Precursor artifacts were destroyed with the firing of the Halo array 100000 years ago, plus the only flood that remain are on board the Spirit of Fire.You say H5 is supposed to be the kick-start of a new trilogy. This is incorrect. H4 was the start of the trilogy, ‘the reclaimer trilogy’. However, who knows. We could see an entirely new enemy attacking, I believe it is unlikely, especially with all the current factions. E.g., UNSC/ONI, New Colonial Alliance/Insurrectionists, Storm Covenant, Flood, Prometheans/Forerunner, Brute faction, etc.

> 2533274852187545;5:
> plus the only flood that remain are on board the Spirit of Fire.

As well as the other halo installations, possibly other locations like the gas mine, other shield worlds like the one Spirit of Fire encountered, possibly outside the galaxy which characters have theorized a few times. It’s even possible some flood are still on the ark given that there are still life forms there as of 2555. The flood is far from over.

That said, I do find it unlikely they are the new threat just yet. The "new threat’ could merely be whatever new gizmo’s jul gets from the Absolute Record.