Halo 5: Guardians REVEALED [Update#2.5]

I literally can’t breathe right now, waited for this for Five Hours.

> I’m happy to reveal that “Halo 5: Guardians,” the next installment in the legendary saga of the Master Chief, will launch on Xbox One in fall of 2015. In the tradition of every “Halo” game since its debut in 2001, it is a massive and exciting project.

> Your Journey Begins in 2014
> spoke about a “journey,” rather than a destination – and that journey definitely begins in 2014 with a giant leap, rather than one small step. We’ll give you much more information about our plans for this year at the Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing on June 9, and we’re confident that “Halo” fans will be pretty excited about the special plans we have in store.

Them Halo 2 Anniversary hint XD

Guardians Pic in all of it’s glory
ONI Spartan is as Tall as the Chief which is a Spartan-II
Side by side pic of the two Spartans
Halo 5: Guardians logo

Huge THANKS to Ka Five for Fixing and Changing the poll :slight_smile:

UPDATE:

ONI Spartan isn’t a Chick
And it’s not Cortana Either :slight_smile:

What to expect from Halo 5:

> “Halo 5: Guardians” is a bigger effort than “Halo 4.” That applies to the content and scope of the game, as well as the technology in what’s now a brand new and more powerful engine. Certainly there are some core elements carried over from prior games, but we’ve invested a huge effort in retooling our tech to take full advantage of the Xbox One’s hardware and ecosystem to create worlds and experiences worthy of next-gen.
>
> In the past, “Halo” games have pushed the Xbox forward, showcasing the console and its ecosystem in entertaining and innovative ways. Making a “Halo” game that runs at 60 frames per second, on dedicated servers, with the scope, features and scale we’ve been dreaming of for more than a decade, is non-trivial. It’s a task that we, at 343 Industries, are taking very seriously to ensure we deliver the “Halo” game that fans deserve, and a game that is built from the ground up for Xbox One.
>
> A game that will incorporate the things we learned from “Halo 4” about technology, aesthetics, performance and scale – and perhaps more importantly, understanding and embracing a community of gamers who love what lies at the heart of this game, and the limitless potential of the “Halo” universe.

UPDATE 2#
New Character Confirmed
Could he be Marlowe?

> Marlowe, a rising star in a futuristic army who is troubled by aspects of the military industrial complex he inhabits. Approaching combat situations with caution and logic, he inspires loyalty in his fellow Spartans.

Source

It’s just a promo image after all!

Looks like it’ll get a bit more personal with Chief again.

> The iconic supersoldier will face a different kind of battle in Halo 5: Guardians
>
> “[In Halo 4] Master Chief lost his best friend,“He’s in a very different, challenging place. He’s questioning everything. He’s questioning his past, his purpose, what he’s fighting for, why he’s fighting. And as we look on Xbox One, we want to be very deliberate with the story we’re telling with Chief. This is about his journey. It’s about his past, and it’s about his future.”

> “We’ll probably talk more about Halo 5 toward the end of the year or early next year,” she said.

Source

Speaking of Female characters…

Wow!!! Awesome!!

I think the Spartan at the top is Chief’s Forerunner armor!!!

> I think the Spartan at the top is Chief’s Forerunner armor!!!

But the stance looks feminine though don’t you think?

I voted for master chief forerunner armor, but I really hope he isn’t…
(Also, WTF? Wasn’t this to be announced at E3?)

> > I think the Spartan at the top is Chief’s Forerunner armor!!!
>
> But the stance looks feminine though don’t you think?

343’s armor designs tend to come off a bit feminine in general, especially with it looking like a majority of the suit is the undersuit.

> I voted for master chief forerunner armor, but I really hope he isn’t…
> (Also, WTF? Wasn’t this to be announced at E3?)

Yeah this just Solidifies that we’re gonna see a Gameplay Demo for it.

Wait
What
Who?!

MIND = BLOWN

Will reserve this post for first impressions in a few minutes.

EDIT:
Okay, so I just changed my underwear and I’m ready for first impressions.

Title: Lame…just should’ve been H5.

As for the info: 60 FPS, dedicated servers, completely new engine: AWESOME!

As for the quotes: They really seemed to have been listening to the community. I’ll just wait and see how far they took that, because not everything this community is so very vocal about is neccecarily a good thing…But to show they’re listening shows balls on their side and the willingness to accept and show they’ve done things wrong. So thats great to see!

As for the pic: SIV’s confirmed and seems like 1 is a central character. Going back to H2-styled storytelling with two storylines I suspect! Woohoo!
Also: I never was a fan of the Noble 6 survived Reach theory…but that SIV looks a lot like plain and not customized N6…

Chief appearantly has the same looks as in H4: good for me. AR and BR are back…and 343i seems to like deserts…

BEST OF ALL: H2A is somewhat hinted at as well!
H5:G - 2015
“Mystery Halo” - 2014

And: Spielberg’s series has a release: fall 2015.

Never expected this to drop today! Wow!
Consider me hyped!

I am SO…SOOOO happy about the fall 2015 release date for two reasons.

1. It gives 343 the time and resources needed to make a full packaged Halo game without cutting corners!

2. It adds to the possibility of a Halo 2 Anniversary announcement.

I hope that is not the Chief’s new armor and if it is it’s just a prototype piece since the lack of the iconic sage/green color is disturbing.

Can’t wait for E3!!!

I’m just freaking out right now… The main forum page has been updated too! O_o’
(BTW I hate the forerunner concept art, I thought 343i would fix it after H4 and if he’s master chief… god save the Halo franchise…)

watching the armor, i think H5 will be like as halo 4… bye bye old style gameplay…

It looks like a Spartan 4 to me, well the armour design anyway, especially the torso piece, and the helmet shares some resemblance to the Chief’s, my guess is that its possibly the Master Chief in a set of armour worn by spartan 4’s

So much hype. Barely containing my hype.

So who is that on the front cover? Where is Chief? What is it going to be about? E3 hurry up!

So what might be releasing this year? Getting interesting now. :smiley:

It looks like a forerunner-human-343i mix… And he can’tbe the Iso-Didact… he has a BR in his hand lol

I don’t know that it’s Chief (though it does look cool. I love the blue glow.)

Clicky

^^

ONI symbol on the chest piece. Maybe it’s another character? And playable, at that, being on the cover with Chief?

Am I the only one not losing my mind right now? I mean, I’m happy for the pic and the 2015 release confirmation, but there isn’t any meat on those bones if you catch my drift. It still looks like we wait for E3 for anything substantial.

> > I think the Spartan at the top is Chief’s Forerunner armor!!!
>
> But the stance looks feminine though don’t you think?

He’s holding his chest the same way Chief does.

Maybe Chief has gone long wolf and this other Spartan has been sent to get Chief back? Nothing more then speculation though. :slight_smile:

> I don’t know that it’s Chief (though it does look cool. I love the blue glow.)
>
> Clicky
>
> ^^
>
> ONI symbol on the chest piece. Maybe it’s another character? And playable, at that, being on the cover with Chief?

Oh damn can I even edit the poll?

Wait, what if he’s other Spartan-II?