Halo 5 Guardians purpose

So here is what we have…

—(SPOILERS HALO 4 / SPARTAN OPS / ESCALATION)----

• Halo 4 Ending: Chief goes to the Infinity after defeat the Didact. Cortana dies, leaving John empty.

• 72 hours after Halo 4 events (Halo: Escalation): John is joined with his old team, the Blue Team.
They go to Gamma Halo and find the Didact alive.
Chief activates many Composers into Didact’s face. After that Chief return with Blue Team to Infinity. Didact is just contained.

• John-117 leaves the Infinity with some purpose.

• Spartan Ops: UNSC (Ok, Palmer) tries to kill Halsey. She is saved by Jul Mdama, Storm Covenant’s lead. Requiem results destroyed.
Halsey has a half of Janus Key, and the other is on UNSC hands.

• Halo Escalation: Infinity finds Spirit of Fire, Legendary ship, in this case, infected by the Flood.

• UNSC send Agent Jameson Locke to find Chief. He meets the Arbiter and his faction.

So…what will Halo 5 Guardians finality?
If you have other option, I would try to add it

Sorry for my english !

I hope to God Chief didn’t abandon the UNSC just to find Cortana.

I really hope it’s trying to stop the Flood. The games didn’t exactly show how bad the flood could be, I’m hoping that we’ll see entire planets fall to the flood quickly.

Chief steals janus key to give to Halsey.
or
ONI is killing of the remaining Spartan II’s so chief is trying to get to Halsey.
or
the precursors are coming back from deep space.
or
Chief due to the changes placed in him by the librarian is carrying out a mission for her that is more important than the unsc or ONI.
or
since ONI is getting super corrupt chief may be on a secret mission for lord hood to get to the bottom of something.
or
chief could still be trying to save Cortana.
or
chief may really have gone rogue
or
while on leave he went to white castle and got lost.

it may be some or all of these or none of these.

I loved the guys from Wars. I really hope that they arnt all infected, but at the same time it would bring the flood back (which is good in my opinion).

> 2533274876456769;2:
> I hope to God Chief didn’t abandon the UNSC just to find Cortana.

Same. Would be lame.

> 2533274887515153;5:
> I loved the guys from Wars. I really hope that they arnt all infected, but at the same time it would bring the flood back (which is good in my opinion).

I might be wrong, but weren’t the Flood as a whole never defeated? Only the ones that were under the Halo 1-3’s gravemind were.

I chose Didact and storm covenant, but I think that a major part of Halo 5 will be Chief vs Locke

> 2751082808091078;7:
> > 2533274887515153;5:
> > I loved the guys from Wars. I really hope that they arnt all infected, but at the same time it would bring the flood back (which is good in my opinion).
>
>
>
> I might be wrong, but weren’t the Flood as a whole never defeated? Only the ones that were under the Halo 1-3’s gravemind were.

Actually, the Flood in Halo: CE weren’t the same as the ones in Halo 2-3.

In Halo: CE, the Flood was released from Halo Installation 04, unintentionally by the Covenant, and the flood there even try to build their own Gravemind. Then a so-called “reclaimer” decides to blow it all up.

In Halo 2, “the” Gravemind escaped from quarantine in Halo Installation 05 long before the events of the game even take place, and his flood follows into the events of Halo 3.

And yeah, you’re right, the Flood was never defeated as a whole. They are very likely to be held in other Forerunner facilities for research purposes and also may very well be elsewhere outside of a Forerunner structure.

If Chief has to save Cortana again, we may as well rename her Princess Peach.

To save the galaxy, what else?

> 2533274811493831;11:
> To save the galaxy, what else?

Gee Chief, what do you want to do this game?

The same thing we do every game, Arby. Try to save the Galaxy.

> 2533274944267503;8:
> I chose Didact and storm covenant, but I think that a major part of Halo 5 will be Chief vs Locke

Same dude

> 2533274876456769;2:
> I hope to God Chief didn’t abandon the UNSC just to find Cortana.

same… god…

but i hope its maybe a bit of all the choices above

Last one because I don’t like I don’t like parts of the first two

> 2751082808091078;7:
> > 2533274887515153;5:
> > I loved the guys from Wars. I really hope that they arnt all infected, but at the same time it would bring the flood back (which is good in my opinion).
>
>
> I might be wrong, but weren’t the Flood as a whole never defeated? Only the ones that were under the Halo 1-3’s gravemind were.

In Halo Ce there was no gravemind (as far as I know, don’t quote me), and they were just one cells contained on Installation 04. Halo 2 and 3 were under a gravemind.

If Chief is on Cortana quest, I will be…disappointed. Master Chief isn’t a dumb cheek, and it’s not like he hasn’t had friends kick the bucket before. I know Cortana was his best bro (there ain’t no other word for it), but so was Sarge, and Chief didn’t go crazy over his death. I guess since Cortana is an AI it’s possible that he would want to get her back some how, but if they bring her back Disney style I will no longer have any ounce of hope for a good Halo story from 343. Cortana just shouldn’t come back. If Chief got a new Forerunner AI pal and they went on Forerunner adventures to save the universe, that could be some cool business.

> 2533274924106284;16:
> In Halo Ce there was no gravemind (as far as I know, don’t quote me), and they were just one cells contained on Installation 04. Halo 2 and 3 were under a gravemind.

What Keyes was a part of in CE was a proto-gravemind. It’s unclear what its abilities are in comparison to a full one. It seemed to be able to talk to keyes and presumably fly a covenant ship once repaired though.

I say Storm Covenant but bot Didact. I think the giant thing coming out the ground is a Forerunner Guardian that some how wrecks havok which turns Chief into looking like a traitor.

> 2533274795569076;19:
> I say Storm Covenant but bot Didact. I think the giant thing coming out the ground is a Forerunner Guardian that some how wrecks havok which turns Chief into looking like a traitor.

I watched the opening of H2A today and the thing on Arbys holoscreen is the thing that pops out of the sand in the trailer.