Halo 5 Guardians PC?

New Forums, old topic. But I will not let this disappear. Please 343, consider porting Halo 5 Guardians to PC in its entirety. Many of us still want to play this game, but not on Xbox One.

24 Likes

I believe it will come eventually. it being the newest and now played out halo game there isnt a huge drive of people wanting it to go to PC other than a small % of pc players. As time goes on and infinite’s honeymoon phase wears off I’m sure 343 will do a proper pc port to halo 5 maybe with some cut content and improvements.

7 Likes

One can hope. That would be pretty awesome! I just really want to play Campaign and MP crossplay with my friends. Funny enough half of them have Xboxs and the other have PCs. Making Custom Game nights really hard to plan XD

4 Likes

I’m not a big fan of Halo 5 but I do feel like people should be given the chance to be able to play so they can understand what happened between Halo 4 and Infinite plus not everyone is a fan of cloud only gaming.

7 Likes

I’m of the belief that every Halo game has their place. Was the story for 5 well written? No not really, but I do know a lot of people who enjoy playing Campaign with friends. This and the local multiplayer really made Halo what it known for I feel. Multiplayer might be too fast for some, but I can say with confidence it was some of the most fun I had since Halo 3. Again not all will agree, but people should be able to try for themselves so I agree.

3 Likes

I sort of get it. Personally didn’t enjoy it myself since didn’t like the campaign/multiplayer or forge but I do feel people should be allowed to play for the story even if personally I didn’t feel like it made much sense. As for the multiplayer I find it odd that there Halo 5 forge game isn’t just ported to Steam since sure some fans will probably want to play Halo 5 on the Steam Deck. :thinking:

1 Like

Honestly I don’t think it’s worth the time and effort for 343, Halo 5 wasn’t the best game and I would rather them focus on Infinite. :+1:

1 Like

I would hope they would for no other reason than all the other games, minus Fireteam Osiris are available on PC. Halo 5 is part of the Master Chief’s story and leaving it to die with the Xbox one wouldn’t be right.

6 Likes

343 needs to bring Halo 5 to the MCC so that the only games you have to worry about are MCC & Infinite. It would make it so much easier for people to get into the Halo universe. If anything they could just port the campaign in, and leave out the multiplayer at minumum.

1 Like

Might not be worth it right now, but it could be in the future after Infinite has had some time to settle down. I know they had partners help them with MCC on PC so maybe they can contract them to do it one last time. As far as adding it to MCC, that would be amazing, but it would admittingly be just as hard if not way harder to get that working.

1 Like

PC already has multiplayer in the form of Halo 5 Forge. It’s just custom games.

I feel like it’ll eventually find its way to PC, but at the moment it seems like 343’s plans are maintaining life-support on MCC and focusing nearly all attention to Infinite.

Sucks since I have some friends who don’t have Xbox Ones who want to play things like Warzone and Social MPs.

1 Like

343 really want to forget the game, so i don’t think a bit that will be on pc

I agree - while Gamepass is great, it’s not good enough of an experience to play it on PC in this way.

1 Like

awww they deleted everything? not sure i like the new forums yet…

yes, please bring halo 5 to pc / steam!

2 Likes

It will be the only part of the series not available on PC. I believe the engine already worked on PC for the Forge mode. I imagine it can’t be too much of a stretch to bring the rest.

I suspect that most of 343’s resources will be dedicated to Infinite and to a lesser extent MCC for the foreseeable future. But we may get it one day. Might as well make the whole series available on the platform.

2 Likes

I just hope they do port it and halo wars 2, then the collection will be complete on pc (well minus splitscreeen of course)

(i don’t consider store only games proper pc ports) i want hw2 on steam.

3 Likes

Keep the dream alive! I fully support this and even if I had to rebuy the game to play on my PC, I would totally do that again! :slight_smile: :star_struck:

3 Likes

I know it’s not the same but if you have a gamepad you can play Halo 5 on PC via the Gamepad, Cloud Gaming option - closest we can get so far.

1 Like

halo wars 2 is already on pc via Xbox play anywhere you can install it through the Microsoft store or the Xbox app if you already own it or you can buy it through them its just not on steam. so technically the only halo game not on pc is halo 5.