Halo 5: Guardians ― PAL vs NTSC (Help!)

I live in the USA and own a NTSC Xbox One. I’m actually deciding to purchase a PAL copy of Halo 5: Guardians Limited Edition from New Zealand due to reasons. From what I understand, the Xbox One is region free, so I shouldn’t have a problem playing the game (disc). However, I have heard that some DLC codes might not work, for digital content are region locked, but I’m not 100% sure.
Here is what I need to know (ASAP, if possible):

1. Will the DLC codes (such as Pre-Order Bonuses) included with the PAL version of Halo 5: Guardians Limited Edition work with my NTSC console?

2. I understand that PAL plays in 50hz (25 fps) while NTSC plays in 60hz (30 fps), but will the frame rate of the PAL version affect my online experience compared to the NTSC version, especially when the games now play in 60 fps?
    *I’ve heard that PAL vs NTSC don’t really matter anymore on the Xbox One or PS4 due to HD resolutions, so regardless of which version I get, it’ll play exactly the same… but is this true?*

3. Does this post (from 2002) stay true today for Halo 5: Guardians? Re: Update "Tags" disk
    343 Industries, please answer this question!

If I have any more questions, I’ll update this post and make a note of it.

In principle, there should be no reason why PAL/NTSC would affect anything. They are both standards for analog televisions, and hence obsolete in the modern digital world. That is to say, when you buy a TV these days, whether you are in the ex-PAL or -NTSC region has no effect on the refresh rate of your TV because modern digital TVs are designed to accept signals and be able to operate at 50 or 60 Hz depending on the source. In other words, if the game is designed to run at 60 Hz, then your TV will have no problems with it, regardless of where you live.

When it comes to the post you linked to (which seems to be from 2002, unless I’m missing something), there’s no reason why it should apply to Halo 5. It was made in a time when regional systems were a serious concern, and it was crucial to run the game at the correct frequency. The problem described in the post was only caused by the fact that the game had to run at 25 Hz for PAL systems. However, Halo 5 has no such restriction because the game is going to run at 60 Hz regardless of where you live. So, there’s no reason for a regional version of Halo 5 to exist.

Moreover, as far as I can tell, there are no region locks on the Xbox One. If any exist, they’d have to be purely artificial. PAL and NTSC are virtually dead.

Thank you so much for the clarification! I’ve been doing research and asking questions for a couple of days now, and no one really gave me a clear answer, until now. Thanks, that’ll help me decide on my purchase much easier now. :slight_smile: