Halo 5: Guardians LE Steelbook is Cracked/Chipped

Hello, hopefully this is the right place to post this. I recently picked up the Halo 5: Guardians Limited Edition from GameStop and upon opening it, I find my Steelbook casing to be cracked down the middle of the spine. It is split almost halfway down and feels like it will snap very easily (been handling it with care ever since). There are also a couple of chipped spots at the plastic top of the Steelbook, with little plastic chips present inside the package. I chatted with Xbox Support to see if I could get a replacement Steelbook through them and they said it was not an issue they could fix. They told me I would have to contact GameStop or 343, but I don’t believe GameStop would honor an exchange since I found out about the chipping/cracking after I opened it. I was wondering if there if anyone here that can direct me with what to do or if I’m out of luck for getting a replacement. Thanks!

Mine came from best buy plastic latches broken and my disk was cracked, got the same answers as you. I hope we get answers it looks like a fail with the factory.

> 2716903703798261;2:
> Mine came from best buy plastic latches broken and my disk was cracked, got the same answers as you. I hope we get answers it looks like a fail with the factory.

Thankfully my disc did not come cracked. But yes, it would be great to get an answer on this. Something tells me 343/Microsoft won’t/can’t do anything about it though. :frowning:

Sorry OP but they were correct in telling you to contact Gamestop as they are the retailer you purchased the game from, so your contract is with them. Go back to the store or send them a tweet and see what they can do to help you :slight_smile:

Ah okay so this is Gamestops fault then, because I received one in horrid shape (See here: http://imgur.com/a/uHZXh) and while the content was good (thank the gods) I have to deal with this busted, damaged case. gamestop said I could replace it in a week if I brought it back unopened but they opened it to see if the disc was alright.

I would just like to buy a new steelbook case without anything in it if thats possible. seeing as this is a common problem maybe something like that can be set up?