Halo 5 Guardians after beta modifications

Hello 343 and Halo fans, I want to comment on the last update 343 gave us about Halo 5: Guardians:

1- Increase strafe acceleration (faster, more responsive strafing)
I didn’t understand this point, can anybody explain it to me? (I’m italian…)

-edit- explained, great improvement

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2- Modify Ground Pound controls to prevent conflicts w/ crouch jumping
that’s ok, my only concern is… how should you modify this on Recon controls scheme??? Recon was perfect as it was in the beta, if you’re going to do this with Recon too you must avoid these buttons for ground pound:

A/B/X/Y → because it would be impossible to turn myself with RS if I’m pressing one of those…
LB → because I use it for thrusters
RB → because I use it for reloading
Rt/Lt → used for shooting/launch granades
RS → used for smart scope

the only remaining buttons are the directional arrow keyes, you culd put ground pound on the “down arrow”

but I’d prefer to have an option to choose beetween 1) only ground pound with same Recon control scheme we had in the beta (no crouch jumping)
2) ground pound and crouch jumping according to the last modifications

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3- Remove grenade detonation in mid-air based on weapon fire
why did you do this?? that was awesome, I died once for this, and I only killed 2 guys for this. that was an amazing feature, I could never think of somebody hating that…
and it was also very realistic…
bring it back

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4- Post-death replay: this will become an opt-in feature. After death, players will see a traditional follow-cam and have the option to view a replay of their death from the killer’s perspective (as long as the feature is enabled within the playlist)

the killcam is a noob way to spot hidden enemies, you must remove it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5- Adding highlights to placed/dropped weapons to make them easier to see

I didn’ understand this very well:

A) if this means we’ll get the old icons to grab weapons from the ground it is perfect
old icons link: http://hce.halomaps.org/images/files/lg/icons.png

B) if this means weapons will be signed as in H2A multiplayer it is not a necessary improvement and we still need the old icons back.

I hope you’re gonna remove flinching while keeping descope

and I’m happy for all others improvements, great work after all.

Strafing means moving from side to side to avoid gun fire - so this change will increase the speed in which you can do that. You will be happy to hear that flicnh has already confirmed to be one the things being fixed for the final release. It was an amination glitch that caused it to happen in the beta :slight_smile:

> 2533274813317074;2:
> Strafing means moving from side to side to avoid gun fire - so this change will increase the speed in which you can do that. You will be happy to hear that flicnh has already confirmed to be one the things being fixed for the final release. It was an amination glitch that caused it to happen in the beta :slight_smile:

ok thanks, then I’m glad for the strafing improvement :slight_smile:

> 2533274911126787;1:
> Hello 343 and Halo fans, I want to comment on the last update 343 gave us about Halo 5: Guardians:
>
> 1- Increase strafe acceleration (faster, more responsive strafing)
> I didn’t understand this point, can anybody explain it to me? (I’m italian…)
>
> -edit- explained, great improvement
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> 2- Modify Ground Pound controls to prevent conflicts w/ crouch jumping
> that’s ok, my only concern is… how should you modify this on Recon controls scheme??? Recon was perfect as it was in the beta, if you’re going to do this with Recon too you must avoid these buttons for ground pound:
>
> A/B/X/Y → because it would be impossible to turn myself with RS if I’m pressing one of those…
> LB → because I use it for thrusters
> RB → because I use it for reloading
> Rt/Lt → used for shooting/launch granades
> RS → used for smart scope
>
> the only remaining buttons are the directional arrow keyes, you culd put ground pound on the “down arrow”
>
> but I’d prefer to have an option to choose beetween 1) only ground pound with same Recon control scheme we had in the beta (no crouch jumping)
> 2) ground pound and crouch jumping according to the last modifications
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> 3- Remove grenade detonation in mid-air based on weapon fire
> why did you do this?? that was awesome, I died once for this, and I only killed 2 guys for this. that was an amazing feature, I could never think of somebody hating that…
> and it was also very realistic…
> bring it back
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> 4- Post-death replay: this will become an opt-in feature. After death, players will see a traditional follow-cam and have the option to view a replay of their death from the killer’s perspective (as long as the feature is enabled within the playlist)
>
> the killcam is a noob way to spot hidden enemies, you must remove it.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> 5- Adding highlights to placed/dropped weapons to make them easier to see
>
> I didn’ understand this very well:
>
> A) if this means we’ll get the old icons to grab weapons from the ground it is perfect
> old icons link: http://hce.halomaps.org/images/files/lg/icons.png
>
> B) if this means weapons will be signed as in H2A multiplayer it is not a necessary improvement and we still need the old icons back.
>
>
> I hope you’re gonna remove flinching while keeping descope
>
> and I’m happy for all others improvements, great work after all.

whats funny is teh grenade detonating in air from weapons fire was stupid not because ofthe mechnic itself…

it was stupid because halo 5 use a massive amount of bullet magnetism instead of conventional aim assit. so bullet would auto track on a grenade that was anywhere near reticle.

> 2533274911126787;1:
> Hello 343 and Halo fans, I want to comment on the last update 343 gave us about Halo 5: Guardians:
>
> 1- Increase strafe acceleration (faster, more responsive strafing)
> I didn’t understand this point, can anybody explain it to me? (I’m italian…)
>
> -edit- explained, great improvement
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> 2- Modify Ground Pound controls to prevent conflicts w/ crouch jumping
> that’s ok, my only concern is… how should you modify this on Recon controls scheme??? Recon was perfect as it was in the beta, if you’re going to do this with Recon too you must avoid these buttons for ground pound:
>
> A/B/X/Y → because it would be impossible to turn myself with RS if I’m pressing one of those…
> LB → because I use it for thrusters
> RB → because I use it for reloading
> Rt/Lt → used for shooting/launch granades
> RS → used for smart scope
>
> the only remaining buttons are the directional arrow keyes, you culd put ground pound on the “down arrow”
>
> but I’d prefer to have an option to choose beetween 1) only ground pound with same Recon control scheme we had in the beta (no crouch jumping)
> 2) ground pound and crouch jumping according to the last modifications
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> 3- Remove grenade detonation in mid-air based on weapon fire
> why did you do this?? that was awesome, I died once for this, and I only killed 2 guys for this. that was an amazing feature, I could never think of somebody hating that…
> and it was also very realistic…
> bring it back
>
>
> 4- Post-death replay: this will become an opt-in feature. After death, players will see a traditional follow-cam and have the option to view a replay of their death from the killer’s perspective (as long as the feature is enabled within the playlist)
>
> the killcam is a noob way to spot hidden enemies, you must remove it.
>
>
> 5- Adding highlights to placed/dropped weapons to make them easier to see
>
> I didn’ understand this very well:
>
> A) if this means we’ll get the old icons to grab weapons from the ground it is perfect
> old icons link: http://hce.halomaps.org/images/files/lg/icons.png
>
> B) if this means weapons will be signed as in H2A multiplayer it is not a necessary improvement and we still need the old icons back.
>
>
> I hope you’re gonna remove flinching while keeping descope
>
> and I’m happy for all others improvements, great work after all.

agree with everything.