Halo 5 grunts

is it just me or are grunts more powerful in halo 5 than in other games?
in halo games grunts are just funny little bullit sponges, but in halo 5 sometimes i will empty a full assault rifle clip on grunts or need to melee them 3 times. I understand that there are stronger and hight ranks of grunts but sometimes I am fighting the traditional standard Unggoy. So, has 343 made grunts stronger?

I don’t think so. If you’re playing WZFF it would explain it. The difficulty is cranked up really high.

> 2533274871854547;2:
> I don’t think so. If you’re playing WZFF it would explain it. The difficulty is cranked up really high.

Don’t forget too that they added some grunts that have shields. They mostly pop up when the Jockey mech spawns in.

I agree. Grunts are harder in Halo 5. The whole game is harder. I wish it was easier.

Reach grunts were tougher IMO. Some of those had face masks.

> 2533274849581252;5:
> Reach grunts were tougher IMO. Some of those had face masks.

And those face masks made them one shy more to kill them in the head. So annoying but yet again realistic. Same with the brutes, 3 shot kill in the head.

> 2533274912984822;3:
> > 2533274871854547;2:
> > I don’t think so. If you’re playing WZFF it would explain it. The difficulty is cranked up really high.
>
>
> Don’t forget too that they added some grunts that have shields. They mostly pop up when the Jockey mech spawns in.

Those grunts have killed me more times than I care to admit…

I haven’t noticed a difference. They are still fun to shoot in the face.

> 2533274912984822;3:
> > 2533274871854547;2:
> > I don’t think so. If you’re playing WZFF it would explain it. The difficulty is cranked up really high.
>
>
> Don’t forget too that they added some grunts that have shields. They mostly pop up when the Jockey mech spawns in.

Yes OP is probably talking about those grunts.

The only difference I’ve seen is that they’re definitely not cute anymore, lol.

> 2533274849581252;5:
> Reach grunts were tougher IMO. Some of those had face masks.

Yeah. Plus they looked better overall lol

Haven’t noticed it really. Sure, there’s the white ones with shields, that chew up DMR shots, but they’re not too bad as they’re easy to identify. I do miss the helmeted ones from Reach, two shots are just satisfying, same as popping a Jackals shield and dropping him with a headshot

Speaking of which, my issue has been with Jackals in FF. Sometimes I can still get into the rhythm from time to time and start two shotting them left and right, but it’s far from the days of Reach when I could casually mow through them. I can still get them pretty well with a BR or DMR, but the pistol has gotten a lot tougher, imo, for the shielded variants in early rounds. Especially the beach on round 1 of Apex 7. They just move forward from 5 to 10 spots, spam their plasma pistols and I can seldom get behind them without ending up with a Phantom cannon wrecking me. (I also miss the days of Reach and shooting off Phantom cannons. It seems futile now.)

I take it the OP hasn’t found the mass grunts with fuel rod cannons yet… so may holy Batman moments there…
I still remember the kill x amount of grunts in wzff. With. Big smile on my face as I came over that hill in my scout going I am gonna rack up tons of points… then the sound of 50 cannons going off…

> 2535423503535154;4:
> I agree. Grunts are harder in Halo 5. The whole game is harder. I wish it was easier.

I missed the way they talked and screamed.

> 2535405284775062;1:
> is it just me or are grunts more powerful in halo 5 than in other games?
> in halo games grunts are just funny little bullit sponges, but in halo 5 sometimes i will empty a full assault rifle clip on grunts or need to melee them 3 times. I understand that there are stronger and hight ranks of grunts but sometimes I am fighting the traditional standard Unggoy. So, has 343 made grunts stronger?

stinkin’ shielded grunts. GAH! EVIL EVIL BEINGS!

I think they’re basically the same as always. Except for the grunts with the shields and obviously the grunt mech. And as someone posted earlier if it’s in WZFF I’m fairly sure they put it difficulty setting on Legendary.

> 2535434215512089;14:
> > 2535423503535154;4:
> > I agree. Grunts are harder in Halo 5. The whole game is harder. I wish it was easier.
>
> I missed the way they talked and screamed.

Oh.

I haven’t really noticed either. Still fun to headshot them!

Void grunts are a pain when trying to defeat a boss but I still think of them as my brother.

Is it just me? Does anybody think the grunts don’t want to die and are helpless little aliens? Cause i feel sad for them ;-; Also, here’s some reasons why Halo 5’s grunts are harder in Halo 5.

• Chaotic Battles - Hordes Of Grunts - Hard to Remember to Enable Easy Difficulty - In Warzone Firefight The Grunts Have a Mech Boss - Suicide Grunts