Halo 5 Grappling Hooks?

This REQ idea for me sounds cool but I bet many of you might hate it. It can be like a Legendary REQ Card or something that is one time use but has unlimited uses in the game. You can grapple to different places and even vehicles to board them lol. This might be annoying but that’s why it can be a Legendary or Mythic card. Maybe you should also be able to grapple to someone or pull them towards you, making them a one punch or one headshot kill. This is just my random thoughts lol. People liked my ideas in the past so why not?

Feel free to post your REQ ideas or thoughts below. Just in case people hate this idea haha.

Edit: If you’re thinking about Titanfall 2 and stuff, I have never played Titanfall 1 and only played a couple rounds in Titanfall 2 Beta. I don’t know a lot about that game so think before you post. Don’t get mad or take this way too seriously, I made this post to talk about this random idea I was thinking about. Just talking, not saying it needs to be in the game.

Destroying vehicles by boarding is already frustrating enough. Cool idea, but I don’t think it would work in Halo.

I’m betting you enjoyed the grapple in Titanfall 2 and thought “Hey, Halo should have it too!”, right?
Another classic case of “just because it works in another game, doesn’t mean it should come to Halo”.

Not to mention the questionable physics behind trying to successfully move a 1000 lb mass quickly via grappling hook.

No. No. This is a carbon copy of the TF2 Grappling Hook.

This franchise has already implemented too many gimmicky mechanics

So that people can grapple to all sorts strange locations?

Grappling hooks are like jetpacks, IMO. Keep them out of Halo.

> 2533274817408735;3:
> I’m betting you enjoyed the grapple in Titanfall 2 and thought “Hey, Halo should have it too!”, right?
> Another classic case of “just because it works in another game, doesn’t mean it should come to Halo”.
> Not to mention the questionable physics behind trying to successfully move a 1000 lb mass quickly via grappling hook.

I’ve never played Titanfall 1 or 2 except the Beta for like one game… You can’t just assume everyone is a Titanfall fanboy. Are you one? Seem to know a lot about that game… Physics in the game don’t matter cuz it’s a “game” duh and Spartans can flip tanks but can’t hold weapons steady.

Perhaps if it were more designed like Carolina’s grappling hook magnum from RvB, and used against players instead, then yead I’d be done for it. Hell just ask Rooster Teeth if they can add Carolina’s grappling hook into the game, it’d be cool to have a RvB exclusive weapon…item…uh…thing in Halo 5.

> 2533274809541057;6:
> So that people can grapple to all sorts strange locations?
>
> Grappling hooks are like jetpacks, IMO. Keep them out of Halo.

Personally I can semi-agree, however there are certain situations were jetpacks can be acceptable, such as someone with a sniper glitching the map to get to the highest point, jetpack takes care of that so long as you’re a straight shot wth the BR or DMR.

Everyone has different opinions but I might have to close this topic if people are getting mad or taking this idea way too seriously. You can’t express your ideas here without having people criticizing lol. In my description, I never said that “it needs to be added”. I just talked about it as a random idea.

> 2535463924412330;7:
> > 2533274817408735;3:
> > I’m betting you enjoyed the grapple in Titanfall 2 and thought “Hey, Halo should have it too!”, right?
> > Another classic case of “just because it works in another game, doesn’t mean it should come to Halo”.
> > Not to mention the questionable physics behind trying to successfully move a 1000 lb mass quickly via grappling hook.
>
> I’ve never played Titanfall 1 or 2 except the Beta for like one game… You can’t just assume everyone is a Titanfall fanboy. Are you one? Seem to know a lot about that game… Physics in the game don’t matter cuz it’s a “game” duh and Spartans can flip tanks but can’t hold weapons steady.

Physics matter enough in games to create engines dedicated to creating elements of gravity, inertia, velocity, and mass. Why else would a cone launched from by an exploding barrel carry enough impact to kill you?
You don’t have to be a Titanfall fanboy to know TF2 has a grapple or to have used it in that “like one game” you played in the beta. But ok fine, just replace “Titanfall 2” with "CoD AW " or “CoD IW” (you’ve definitely played those). Doesn’t change the fact that Halo doesn’t need it and, in all likelihood, is better off without it.

> 2535463924412330;10:
> Everyone has different opinions but I might have to close this topic if people are getting mad or taking this idea way too seriously. You can’t express your ideas here without having people criticizing lol. In my description, I never said that “it needs to be added”. I just talked about it as a random idea.

You’re right, everyone has different opinions. It just so happens that everyone who has replied so far disagrees with you, random idea or whatever.

I don’t think it’s such a good idea, mainly involving the part about vehicles. They are, especially the slow and heavy ones, already easy to hijack. However, I could see them as an effective and creative counter to aerial vehicles. If they could be used against them but not ground vehicles, I think it would be a cool and fun new addition to the game that could help tone down Warzone’s widespread aerial vehicle use. Unfortunately, Titanfall 2 already has grappling hooks and by the rules of the internet any feature or mechanic present in other games cannot be added to Halo or else it’s a shameless ripoff.

Seriously, people are too quick to shoot down ideas without thinking them over. “This game already has x so Halo can’t have it or it’s a ripoff / x is like y and I hate y so it can never be in Halo.” Not every idea posted here is someone demanding that x or y be in Halo: they are just ideas. There is no harm in sharing bits and pieces of imagination, and some ideas like this one could evolve over time and become something that makes the game much more fun to play.

> 2533274817408735;3:
> I’m betting you enjoyed the grapple in Titanfall 2 and thought “Hey, Halo should have it too!”, right?
> Another classic case of “just because it works in another game, doesn’t mean it should come to Halo”.
> Not to mention the questionable physics behind trying to successfully move a 1000 lb mass quickly via grappling hook.

Off topic question. How do you have a signature at ODST-Gold?

No I don’t think they would work, farming would be intense as hell, players hooking on to vehicles the moment you come out of the garage, instantly losing your req. Could see lots of rage quitters.

> 2533274978553590;12:
> I don’t think it’s such a good idea, mainly involving the part about vehicles. They are, especially the slow and heavy ones, already easy to hijack. However, I could see them as an effective and creative counter to aerial vehicles. If they could be used against them but not ground vehicles, I think it would be a cool and fun new addition to the game that could help tone down Warzone’s widespread aerial vehicle use. Unfortunately, Titanfall 2 already has grappling hooks and by the rules of the internet any feature or mechanic present in other games cannot be added to Halo or else it’s a shameless ripoff.
>
>
> Seriously, people are too quick to shoot down ideas without thinking them over. “This game already has x so Halo can’t have it or it’s a ripoff / x is like y and I hate y so it can never be in Halo.” Not every idea posted here is someone demanding that x or y be in Halo: they are just ideas. There is no harm in sharing bits and pieces of imagination, and some ideas like this one could evolve over time and become something that makes the game much more fun to play.

You’re oversimplifying it. It’s not that Halo can’t use mechanics that exist in other games. It’s that some mechanics don’t make sense for Halo. I don’t hate Titanfall, nor would I call Halo a ripoff for incorporating from it. But I would ask what the point was. Did it add something meaningful to the game that fits how we think about our player characters? Or was it just adding a popular mechanic to try jump on a bandwagon? Grappling hooks, to me and many others it seems, don’t fit my idea of what belongs in Halo for Spartans to use. Maybe I could see ODSTs using them, but not Spartans. It wouldn’t make sense to me and sounds gimmicky. I thought it over and still disagree with the idea. It’s not a crime to not like an idea.

We’ve already strayed far enough from the golden triangle, and a grappling hook most definitely would end up being the new jetpack. Short things short, I don’t think this would be a good idea.

No TITANFALL! We don’t need wall slingers in this game, people jumping down from above is bad enough, I don’t need them swinging around and shooting too.

> 2535463924412330;10:
> Everyone has different opinions but I might have to close this topic if people are getting mad or taking this idea way too seriously. You can’t express your ideas here without having people criticizing lol. In my description, I never said that “it needs to be added”. I just talked about it as a random idea.

When you post a new idea on the forums, you have to expect and be prepared for people to disagree with you. You can’t just expect everybody to agree with what you’re suggesting and call it a day. People are going to say no for various reasons, and personally, I believe that interesting conversation stems more from people disagreeing than everybody just having the same opinion.

I like the idea, you describe it in a way that’s a little too OP in my opinion but it’s a good idea, Idk if it goes well with Halo though

> 2533274830166194;5:
> This franchise has already implemented too many gimmicky mechanics

Agree here… while it’s a good idea in theory I suppose. We have enough gimmicks and borrowed stuff from other games IMO.