Halo 5 Gaurdians: Ghosts of Meridian Disscussion

OK so with the Hammer Storm being live for a few days now, I’m sure eyes are now turned to the March update which has been named Ghosts of Meridian, and with the Teaser trailer, it looks as though there will be a Halo 3 Era Assault Rifle, New Weapon Skins, and what looks to be a Guass Mantis Mech, along with a new map that is set on Meridian

Now comes my speculation of what might also turn up in this update, specifically gamemodes, with the name of the update already announced Ghosts of Meridian, I want to specifically focus on the word Ghost, now Ghosts are usually associated with the dead, and dead can be associated with Zombies, which means Infection could very well be the big gamemode in the upcoming March update, but that’s just me speculating and coming up with a theory

If you have your own theory, or other things 343i could involve in the next update, please share your comments with me I would like to know what you guys think

i just posted something about this as you did lol

I do think the whole “Ghosts of Meridian” thing does hint towards an infection gametype.

Nothing else really concerns me unless they add a new Mjolnir armor set with a Codpiece or let us have black undersuits independent of primary color.

> 2533274833132614;1:
> it looks as though there will be a Halo 3 Era Assault Rifle

…where did you get that idea?

The teaser showed off an MA5D with that shark-face skin from Halo 4.

> 2533274801472802;4:
> > 2533274833132614;1:
> > it looks as though there will be a Halo 3 Era Assault Rifle
>
>
> …where did you get that idea?
>
> The teaser showed off an MA5D with that shark-face skin from Halo 4.

Gamespot’s Website, when they wrote an article about the Teaser Trailer, they could be wrong and you could be right but here is a link if you want to take a look for yourself, I haven’t looked into the trailer in depth cause I didn’t see the Halo 3 era Assault rifle

First note of discussion, the ‘u’ comes before the ‘a’ in “Guardians”. Sorry, I’m a bit of a grammar -Yoink!-. :stuck_out_tongue:

I completely agree, OP. I feel like the word “Ghosts” is a bit of a hint towards Infection. I think we’ll be getting some high tech weaponry/vehicles next month, maybe even a new Warzone map.

The whole wasteland-ish feel strikes me. I definitely think there will be some type of survival game-type. Although, that could just be the way the warzone map feels in game. The whole title of “Ghosts of Meridian” gives that whole vibe of though as you peeps have already covered.

Little did we know the update would just be a req dump

I see absolutely no evidence for a Halo 3 Assault Rifle.

> 2533274827113670;8:
> Little did we know the update would just be a req dump

This is how disappointment feels. Though I guess we shouldn’t get our hopes up where 343 is concerned.

> 2533274856454931;10:
> > 2533274827113670;8:
> > Little did we know the update would just be a req dump
>
>
> This is how disappointment feels. Though I guess we shouldn’t get our hopes up where 343 is concerned.

I hope there is at least something useful in this update. Nobody wants more emblems, stupid weapon skins, more weapon attachments, or more vehicle variants. We want more gamemodes, new weapons, new vehicles, and more good maps.

I Cant wait for this update

I hope infection come’s