Halo 5: Future Split-Screen Support?

If you are some one like who likes playing local CO-OP or PvP with split-screen
you’re probably felling a little let down aren’t you? I know I am.
I know they said why they ditched this crucial settings because they wanted “better graphics”, “60 FPS at all time”
but honestly on my TV it just looks like a slightly more fancy version of Halo 4.
This is why I’ve written this post:
As every one else should also know 343 are bringing updates and free DLC’s so what if they made an update to support local CO-OP?
It would be great and it could make halo 5 a whole lot better! And if they could do so, a lot of players will be happy and they could boost their sales.
Just pass this message around and it could just become possible to get our beloved split-screen back!
What do yo all think?

It doesn’t really bother me tbh. Obviously HALO used to be the sofa multiplayer experience but now XBOX LIVE is more prevalent. However I have spoken to people who would like it back and wouldn’t mind the cut in graphics etc.

My son was crushed when he found out that we could not play together. We had played MCC quite a bit both in campaign mode as well as online death deathmatch. We will have to hold out until SW: Battlefront I guess.

I’m assuming that split-screen would ruin 343i’s ‘60FPS’ target with the XBONES hardware. However, with DX12 (graphics architecture) I’m pretty sure 343 can patch the games engine to be DX12 compatible and squeeze out some extra performance. Although, I am not entirely sure if it is worht it for 343i. They must have the numbers to see just how many of us use split-screen for more than five hours, and they may have just determined that it wasn’t worth it.

Having split-screen would bother me but using Matesamo as an example, a lot of people would be thrilled to have this option

Too late. It’s not gonna happen. They said this a while ago. Accept it and move on with your lives.

> 2533274803442482;3:
> My son was crushed when he found out that we could not play together. We had played MCC quite a bit both in campaign mode as well as online death deathmatch. We will have to hold out until SW: Battlefront I guess.

Why don’t you just buy your son his own tv and his own Xbox one? Then you can play together and he will have all of his very own personal settings, achievements, progress, and the best part, an entire screen to look at.

Also split screen is not going to be added to H5, ever. In fact I expect more and more games to take this route of removing split screen.

> 2787272447958470;6:
> > 2533274803442482;3:
> > My son was crushed when he found out that we could not play together. We had played MCC quite a bit both in campaign mode as well as online death deathmatch. We will have to hold out until SW: Battlefront I guess.
>
>
> Why don’t you just buy your son his own tv and his own Xbox one? Then you can play together and he will have all of his very own personal settings, achievements, progress, and the best part, an entire screen to look at.

Because that is slightly much…I have two sons, and I’m not dropping 2 grand for tvs and consoles. What I’ll do is just keep playing Halo 4 with them.

While i’m not that bothered about split screen, I can see it happening. I personally believe that the only reason it was cut was because they realised it wasn’t technically feasible with the current build and chose the solution to the problem least likely to cause delays.

Also, out of curiosity, who would be willing to have split screen but only if you where connected to the internet? Because I was thinking that if 343 used cloud computing like crackdown 3 will, then they could reasonably hope to add split screen.

> 2533274801983963;7:
> > 2787272447958470;6:
> > > 2533274803442482;3:
> > > My son was crushed when he found out that we could not play together. We had played MCC quite a bit both in campaign mode as well as online death deathmatch. We will have to hold out until SW: Battlefront I guess.
> >
> >
> > Why don’t you just buy your son his own tv and his own Xbox one? Then you can play together and he will have all of his very own personal settings, achievements, progress, and the best part, an entire screen to look at.
>
>
> Because that is slightly much…I have two sons, and I’m not dropping 2 grand for tvs and consoles. What I’ll do is just keep playing Halo 4 with them.

But you could win best dad of the year award. They might even buy you a shirt or coffee cup that says those exact words. haha
In all seriousness, I would truly consider at least buying 1 more X1 and the game so you can play with your sons on their own tv. Seriously.
That is what around $500.00 for a new X1 and HDTV? I am sure you will spend way more than that on them this Christmas on toys.

Including Split Screen as a new feature in a future update or DLC would be a much appreciated feature to Halo 5. Split screen couch Co-Op is in Halo’s DNA and has always been a much beloved feature of the series. Halo 5 is the main reason I bought an Xbox One and it was a big disappointment to learn that split screen wasn’t going to be supported.

I have played every Halo - CE through MCC and literally every game in between - on the couch with my friends. I currently only have 1 friend with an Xbox One but a solid 12 buddies who would be excited to get together to play Halo 5. It’s a bummer not to be able to get the gang together to enjoy the newest Halo in the same way that we have enjoyed every other title in the series. I have always been a Halo evangelist with my friends and have seen raucous LAN parties prompt several friends to buy an Xbox and Halo over the years.

While I understand that there are always trade-offs in video game development, I think that choosing frame rate and graphics over a beloved game play feature was a mistake. But a mistake that can be corrected by adding split screen to Halo 5.

Please use this thread to discuss this topic, thanks.