Halo 5 Forge

I am posting this here because I don’t necessarily have a “support” problem with forge, just an issue with how gameplay is working. Anyhow…

I recently created a 2 sided space map influenced by base defense, galaxia, and other arcade games. One side has three invisible wasps that look like base defense turrets, the other side has man cannons that launch explosives into said turrets. Turrets job is to survive for 3 minutes, cannons’ job is to take out the turrets. The map is in my content browser called Space Defenders. I am using infection as the gamemode because I want to turret folk to have 1 life and the cannon folk to be able to respawn in the event they launch themselves into space. My gamemode is also in my content browser called Alien Attack.

Here is the issue; In forge, the cannons work great, you launch the fusion coil across space, it hits the fusion coils next to the invisible wasp and blows the wasp up effectively “killing” that turret. Play tested with a friend for about an hour experimenting with how many barrels it would take etc. In forge it just takes one to wipe out the wasp as intended. As soon as we launch the game in custom games the wasps don’t get affected by explosions at all. You can hit the wasp directly and blow all of the fusion coils up at once without killing the pilot. The wasp doesn’t even take damage. Now invincible vehicles are off in the gamemode settings, and, if the turret player just shoots the wasp it takes damage, explodes, blows all the fusion coils up, and suicides the player. But if the cannon crew nails it with their fusion coil launch nothing happens.

So am I on the wrong gametype? Are there environmental damage inhibitors built into infection? Or do invisible vehicles have different reactions? My wasps are grouped with the blocks for placement but I didn’t weld them intentionally. If anyone knows what could possibly be going on it would help me greatly and I will be in your debt. All in all the gameplay is fun but the zombies can’t win if they can’t kill the player! Please let me know! thanks

While not entirely sure about this, I do believe vehicles can’t be destroyed in Infection. At least I’ve never seen a Zombie beat a vehicle into submission.

Check the invincible vehicles setting, also, I’m not sure if invisible vehicles take damage outside of forge, as I haven’t tested it :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2586218893181855;2:
> While not entirely sure about this, I do believe vehicles can’t be destroyed in Infection. At least I’ve never seen a Zombie beat a vehicle into submission.

you bring up a great point. I will try making it breakout or one life king of the hill maybe. My problem being the fusion coils tend to be over reactive to the an cannons and it will kill the zombies. Back in the day you used to be able to make safe volumes that had interactive traits such as invincibility… Is there a way to do this in 5? Or would I have to dispense overshields?

Also check, if vehicles are grouped with non-damagable objects and the vehicle isn’t the Parent of that group, it may not take damage.

> 2533274795739611;5:
> Also check, if vehicles are grouped with non-damagable objects and the vehicle isn’t the Parent of that group, it may not take damage.

The wasp is definitely grouped with several simple blocks and a few cables. So theoretically I just need to ungroup the objects? I don’t think the wasp is the parent…

> 2533274847600940;6:
> > 2533274795739611;5:
> > Also check, if vehicles are grouped with non-damagable objects and the vehicle isn’t the Parent of that group, it may not take damage.
>
> The wasp is definitely grouped with several simple blocks and a few cables. So theoretically I just need to ungroup the objects? I don’t think the wasp is the parent…

Just check. You can go into the group settings for the combined object and change which one the parent is. As you change the numbers, if I remember right, it’ll highlight whichever one is going to be the new parent of the group.