Halo 5 Forge without the Halo app

As most of you probably know by now, the Halo app on Windows 10 is being pulled (which is fine by me), but nothing has been said about Halo 5 Forge. Today the Halo app is mandatory for Halo 5 Forge to work and you can’t launch the game without launching the app first. If you try to open the game directly, it will close by itself and open the Halo app, just so you can open the game again.

The question is: Will the game be patched to be bootable on its own, or are they planning on pulling Halo 5 Forge as well? Nothing has been said so far it seems, so I wanted to see if anyone has heard anything.

Uh actually you can launch without it! Just uninstall the Halo App from your installed Apps in Settings.

From this update:

> We recommend that you go ahead and uninstall the Halo app as there will be no more content, updates, support, or functionality being added. If you currently use the Halo PC app to launch Halo Wars 2 or Halo 5: Forge, as of 8/16/2019 you will need to launch each application individually. Please note that this will have zero impact to your ability to play and enjoy these games and has no impact on performance.

As Strictcleave112 said, you can uninstall the Halo app and launch Forge on its own; I just tried it myself and it works without issue.

> 2535425606768957;3:
> From this update:
>
>
> > We recommend that you go ahead and uninstall the Halo app as there will be no more content, updates, support, or functionality being added. If you currently use the Halo PC app to launch Halo Wars 2 or Halo 5: Forge, as of 8/16/2019 you will need to launch each application individually. Please note that this will have zero impact to your ability to play and enjoy these games and has no impact on performance.
>
> As Strictcleave112 said, you can uninstall the Halo app and launch Forge on its own; I just tried it myself and it works without issue.

woag, this is p cool my duder.

ok so i just uninstalled the app and i only got the app because i wanted to play halo 5: guardians and now i dont see anywhere where i can play the actual game lol
any advice or do i just need to drop half a grand on an xbox?

> 2535426203059553;5:
> ok so i just uninstalled the app and i only got the app because i wanted to play halo 5: guardians and now i dont see anywhere where i can play the actual game lol
> any advice or do i just need to drop half a grand on an xbox?

If you have the game installed, then it should probably pop up on your list of installed programs.
You originally needed the Halo app to play Halo 5 Forge, but they are separate programs.