Halo 5 Forge: Stop. Making. It. Online. Only.

I like Forge. I like using it. You know what I don’t like?

Needing to be in the sodding matrix to use it. It’s been proven the forge can work offline. So why can’t 343i toggle the ability, huh? What is stopping them from doing so? What is it that NECESSITATES the use of Online Play? I can’t think of any good, real reason for it. It’s stupid.

It should stop.

All we get offline is the Campaign. That’s not very fair, is it?

> 2533274805075298;1:
> sodding

Greetings from across the pond

> 2533274805075298;1:
> So why can’t 343i toggle the ability, huh? What is stopping them from doing so? What is it that NECESSITATES the use of Online Play? I can’t think of any good, real reason for it. It’s stupid.

Honestly, I don’t know. It would be nice if it was offline, but I’m thankful 343 at least added a quick save button. But I miss being able to build stuff when the internet goes out :confused:

Yeah, I agree. I guess it’s rooted in the whole file share system where it updates itself the moment you save and have access to prefabs and all that. But still…

> 2533274904158628;2:
> > 2533274805075298;1:
> > sodding
>
>
> Greetings from across the pond
>
>
> > 2533274805075298;1:
> > So why can’t 343i toggle the ability, huh? What is stopping them from doing so? What is it that NECESSITATES the use of Online Play? I can’t think of any good, real reason for it. It’s stupid.
>
>
> Honestly, I don’t know. It would be nice if it was offline, but I’m thankful 343 at least added a quick save button. But I miss being able to build stuff when the internet goes out :confused:

1: American actually. Just like using other language’s words when they fit.
2: A quick save is great if your map’s got a name. But yeah, it needs to be offline enabled already.

My god, I missed offline forge. I can understand why it needs to be online and connected to Live, as for the prefabs and other maps that can be loaded, but you should be allowed to go on Forge offline, even without being able to access the prefabs.

> 2535462398696491;5:
> My god, I missed offline forge. I can understand why it needs to be online and connected to Live, as for the prefabs and other maps that can be loaded, but you should be allowed to go on Forge offline, even without being able to access the prefabs.

That’s the thing though, it’s required online use even before the prefabs- the browsing of which is hella bad.

I just do not understand 343i needing Forge to be online.

I just remembered that it needs online to use lol. But yes it needs to have the option to go offline. Only Campaign is offline and no one wants to play offline.

The same goes for ALL game modes. Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure that you can’t play Custom Games while offline either.

> 2535429585915411;8:
> The same goes for ALL game modes. Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure that you can’t play Custom Games while offline either.

Not much of a point of playing custom games offline without split screen. Apparently Tom French has a reason for it. Something about preventing cheating but he says he will like to have it.

I agree with what everyone is saying here. Halo should be able to be all offline minus the MP part like past games. Really disappointed that halo 5 has no LAN, and is online only more less…

> 2533274954911187;9:
> > 2535429585915411;8:
> > The same goes for ALL game modes. Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure that you can’t play Custom Games while offline either.
>
>
> Not much of a point of playing custom games offline without split screen. Apparently Tom French has a reason for it. Something about preventing cheating but he says he will like to have it.

I like to screw around on the maps sometimes alone, it can be very therapeutic at times.

At least until I see that “You have lost connection to the servers” Message, then I just get aggravated and go over to mcc or go out side. And what ever server I’m on is weird, it disconnects me once every day, and it only happens with halo games. I’ve gotten used to it and I just play a forge game until it happens.

I haven’t really used it yet… but I had no idea it was online-only. That’s kind of -Yoink-.

It’s even been proved by certain people with modding capabilities that Halo 5 Forge works perfectly offline. You can save maps and load them back up, all without needing to connect online at all.

“But Hotrod”, you’ll say, “that’s for the PC version! Surely Xbox is different?” Nope, no different at all. In fact, the Xbox is basically a low-mid end PC, nothing particularly special. If it can be done on PC, it can be done on Xbox as well.

“But 343i says that they don’t want people using mods, which is why it’s online-only!”, you can cry out again. And sure, that could be a valid point. But… As we saw, people are modding the game anyway. And even if people were creating modified gametypes, why is it an issue? It happens all of the time in Halo 3 and Reach, and it never hurt anybody. We got a lot of cool fun things, all for us to have fun, which never negatively affected anybody. Why would Halo 5 be any different?

I hate the fact that it’s online! If I have a crap connection (which I have a lot), then I can’t have a good time!

Absolutely! It doesnt make sense to limit forge as an online- only mode! Let us build our dream map even when the internet is out, please?!

Tom French has already explained why they can’t do offline forge. Do research before you rant.

I’ve been waiting ever since Halo 5’s launch, but that’s just me.

yea… this is the one annoying thing that has kept me from using forge on pc. i like to bring my laptop with me to places and im not always online. and when i am connected to the internet id rather chill on my couch and use forge. the reason for not having offline is due to multiple things. the xbox version uses cloud servers to run part of the processing for the game (the xbox one cannot run it smoothly on its own) and 343 does not save local copies of your forge maps, they are saved directly to your fileshare and barely touch your hardrive. the pc version really should not need cloud processing due to the increased hardware capability…

because all the good stuff make you buy gold membership ?? I am not sure if silver works

I completely agree with this forum.