Halo 5 Forge Showcase: Downpour Beta Test!

Hi every and a very merry christmas!!
Hope youve all had a wonderful halo filled day!!
I thought id just let you all know of my newest forge map, Downpour which ill be showcasing very soon!! Unfortunately due to unable to use forge maps in theater i cant do a trailer for it… so ill be going straight into a walkthrough!
Below you can see a teaser for it to give you a very small insight to the map, i hope you all enjoy and i hope you all have a brilliant rest of day!! :smiley:
Downpour**

---------------------------
Hi all, tonight I shall be running a beta test of this map… I need a maximum of 6 people but even if there are 6 people who say they’ll do it, you may get in as not everyone will show up… But I need a max of 6 people, all with mics and patience… This is a beta test, the map WILL have bugs and problems and spawnings may need to be tweaked etc but that’s the purpose of this. All footage will be used on my YouTube channel in trailers, gameplay footage of the map etc so please leave a message in here to say if you would like to, send me a message on Xbox saying Beta or something and I’ll add you to the game, i will be after constructive criticism at the end of the test…
Testing will start at 8pm UK time tonight!
Thanks all!

That raised highway is a very interesting environment for a map. What kind of gamemode do you think it will support?

> 2533274953123640;2:
> That raised highway is a very interesting environment for a map. What kind of gamemode do you think it will support?

Thanks, i honestly only made it to see what things i can do with forge, whats the right width for a warthog etc for another map im making but it just sort of… turned into a map haha! It plays both Slayer and Strongholds… I need to beta test the map… but this is what the map will mainly be like… im thinking strongholds might actually be quite an interesting mode for the map as ive placed one at either end of the map (each base) and then one in the center under the bridge… and the ways ive done the spawning if you capture the enemy base your gonna need to defend it like hell but at the same time your gonna need people to defend the other bases, so it then turns into a match where the players who hold the enemy base… are trying to attack the enemys to go to the other bases and defend them and etc… ive planned the spawning and placements very careful to attempt to give it this gameplay, how itll work in reality may be very different however!

> 2533274812624078;1:
> Hi every and a very merry christmas!!
> Hope youve all had a wonderful halo filled day!!
> I thought id just let you all know of my newest forge map, Downpour which ill be showcasing very soon!! Unfortunately due to unable to use forge maps in theater i cant do a trailer for it… so ill be going straight into a walkthrough!
> Below you can see a teaser for it to give you a very small insight to the map, i hope you all enjoy and i hope you all have a brilliant rest of day!! :smiley:
> Downpour**
> **

My suggestion for the trailer is go into Custom Games with the map and sit around for maybe an hour or so, then run make the trailer, but make sure to hide somewhere ^^ Hope this helps

May I ask what you used to make those roads? I been working on aesthetics and I am curious. =D

The bridge makes me think of l4d idk why but that would be an awesome infection section to build off of.

Sweet looking map!

You’re map Definetly gave me some more inspiration

Can’t wait to see more and try it out!

> 2533274807399716;4:
> > 2533274812624078;1:
> > Hi every and a very merry christmas!!
> > Hope youve all had a wonderful halo filled day!!
> > I thought id just let you all know of my newest forge map, Downpour which ill be showcasing very soon!! Unfortunately due to unable to use forge maps in theater i cant do a trailer for it… so ill be going straight into a walkthrough!
> > Below you can see a teaser for it to give you a very small insight to the map, i hope you all enjoy and i hope you all have a brilliant rest of day!! :smiley:
> > Downpour**
> > **

>
>
> My suggestion for the trailer is go into Custom Games with the map and sit around for maybe an hour or so, then run make the trailer, but make sure to hide somewhere ^^ Hope this helps

Unfortunately that isn’t the problem, the problem is that forge maps don’t even show up in theater :frowning:

> 2533274822855725;5:
> May I ask what you used to make those roads? I been working on aesthetics and I am curious. =D

I can upload a video sometime but all they are are flat pieces, have then black, then get Decals, the first rectangle one and use something as a spacer and then copy and paste, I’ll upload a video at some point as I used almost a tool to make the roads which were extremely effective and saved a lot of time!

> 2533274909395135;7:
> You’re map Definetly gave me some more inspiration

Wow! Thanks a lot, that makes me so happy knowing my maps have given others inspiration! :smiley:

> 2533274808122910;8:
> Can’t wait to see more and try it out!

Thanks a lot! I have many more maps to come and the next one is going to particularly exciting if it all works out!
The map is currently on my file share as bookmark but it’s only in BETA stage, I’ll let everyone know on my Twitter account or youtube!

Hi all, tonight I shall be running a beta test of this map… I need a maximum of 6 people but even if there are 6 people who say they’ll do it, you may get in as not everyone will show up… But I need a max of 6 people, all with mics and patience… This is a beta test, the map WILL have bugs and problems and spawnings may need to be tweaked etc but that’s the purpose of this. All footage will be used on my YouTube channel in trailers, gameplay footage of the map etc so please leave a message in here to say if you would like to, send me a message on Xbox saying Beta or something and I’ll add you to the game, i will be after constructive criticism at the end of the test…
Test will begin at 8pm UK time!
Thanks all!

> 2533274909012839;15:
> > 2533274909012839;14:
> > > 2533274812624078;13:
> > > Leave a message in here to say if you would like to…
> >
> >
> > I’m up for it.
> > Also it’s 3pm EST you non-universals

> 2533274909012839;16:
> > 2533274909012839;15:
> > > 2533274909012839;14:
> > > > 2533274812624078;13:
> > > > Leave a message in here to say if you would like to…
> > >
> > >
> > > I’m up for it.
> > > Also it’s 3pm EST you non-universals

Yeahhh that time… hahahaha!
Thanks that means alot, i look forward to the testing! :slight_smile:

Looks amazing, well done!

> 2533274846978810;18:
> Looks amazing, well done!

Thanks alot! Taken a long time but i still have a long way to go until it is 100% Finished and polished! :slight_smile:

Please message me now if you want to be part of the Beta test! Thanks all!