Halo 5- Forge Cannot 'save as new', data bug

For some reason now, the map i have been working on has glitched and it wont allow me to save as new. Also it constantly says retrieving data in the forgw menu now. Help 343!!!

Bump. This glitch is killing me, i know that by not being able to ‘save as’ is going to make a worse bug happen on my map. Please help 343!!

Yes! I am having the same issue. I’m 90% finished making my map (without play testing) and I keep getting this same message. Somethings will save in quick save…but things do not. Please fix 343!

Thanks for your report! To assist with our investigation, can you please provide the following?

• File Name of the map - Which error you encountered; i.e. ‘Save As New’ or ‘Retrieving Data’ - Approximate date & time that you received this error

Updated post below.

Thanks for your report! To assist with our investigation, can you please provide the following information?

• Which error you encountered; i.e. ‘Save As New’ or ‘Retrieving Data’
  • Xbox DVR videos or screenshots are also extremely helpful - File Name of the map - Approximate date & time that you received this error - Anything special about these maps (size, specific objects etc.) - What were you doing right before you received this error? - Did performing a hard reset resolve the issue?

> Thanks for your report! To assist with our investigation, can you please provide the following information?
>
> - Which error you encountered; i.e. ‘Save As New’ or ‘Retrieving Data’
> - Xbox DVR videos or screenshots are also extremely helpful - File Name of the map - Approximate date & time that you received this error - Anything special about these maps (size, specific objects etc.) - What were you doing right before you received this error? - Did performing a hard reset resolve the issue?

hey I’m having the same issue with one of my maps

• i had both errors for only the one map all my other maps work - save as and retrieving data - I.G. (G4MB1T) - 6pm 1/14/16 - didn’t do anything out of the ordinary just a map i don’t want to lose - just signed back in to make adjustments on it - no
    the map still works it just won’t let me change the name/won’t show its loaded when clicking on the map to play it. the map still loads up if you hit start on it

> 2533274811439557;6:
> > Thanks for your report! To assist with our investigation, can you please provide the following information?
> >
> > - Which error you encountered; i.e. ‘Save As New’ or ‘Retrieving Data’
> > - Xbox DVR videos or screenshots are also extremely helpful
> > - File Name of the map
> > - Approximate date & time that you received this error
> > - Anything special about these maps (size, specific objects etc.)
> > - What were you doing right before you received this error?
> > - Did performing a hard reset resolve the issue?
>
>
> hey I’m having the same issue with one of my maps
>
>
>
> - i had both errors for only the one map all my other maps work - save as and retrieving data
> - I.G. (G4MB1T)
> - 6pm 1/14/16
> - didn’t do anything out of the ordinary just a map i don’t want to lose
> - just signed back in to make adjustments on it
> - no
> the map still works it just won’t let me change the name/won’t show its loaded when clicking on the map to play it. the map still loads up if you hit start on it

it seems to have fixed itself after about 2.5 hours when i tried again?? not sure whats going on lol

Please help

Forge won’t let me save my game.
It used to have a notification on the bottom left saying saved and now it doesn’t show when I try to save map or save map as…

My only fear is leaving the lobby.
I have lost already two maps I have worked countless hours in when I remember exactly making "save as… "
and regular saves before I left the maps

please help I am loosing trust with this system. I love forge but the horrible feeling of loosing work lost is so much that I had to find all the strength in me to come back and use it. Please don’t let me down

Further info below

• File Name of the map: Test 1 (XBL: soicey75)

• Which error you encountered; i.e. ‘Save As New’ or ‘Retrieving Data’: It won’t let me save a map I just created at this moment nor will it let me “save map as…”

Before it would state on the bottom left hand that it saved but it’s doesn’t anymore

• Approximate date & time that you received this error: 11:30 AM EST 2/12/16

• Anything special about these maps (size, specific objects etc.): so far nothing I wanted to scrip but so far I have layed down primitive and structure pieces.

these are large pieces, however ranging from 96-256’

• What were you doing right before you received this error?: Forging, I am still in the map. I don’t want to turn off the game or anything in fear I will lose it

• Did performing a hard reset resolve the issue?: haven’t done so but if you can guarantee me some chance I won’t loose this map I will go ahead and do so

PLEASE HELP

Im familiar with this glitch. It’s been happening since Forge launched.

• Which error you encountered; i.e. ‘Save As New’ or ‘Retrieving Data’ - - Xbox DVR videos or screenshots are also extremely helpfulWhat happens is that after saving a map (mostly during quick save) then exiting, the map will fail to load information in the lobby and you will be met with an endless Retrieving Data message. When you go back into the map, you may forge as usual, but saving the map as new will result in a Saving…Failed. message. A quick save, however, will save progress.

• File Name of the mapAxon, Glass and Gloss, Chromehounds, Downturn, The Crag, etc

• Approximate date & time that you received this errorVaries. Happens any time of day or night.

• Anything special about these maps (size, specific objects etc.)This save error happens on all map sizes. Even on maps that don’t have anything other than a few blocks or terrain objects.

• What were you doing right before you received this error?Forging. Saving. Exiting the game.

• Did performing a hard reset resolve the issue?This sometimes fixes it after several resets. Another fix is having a friend save the map then relaunching it in forge by downloading it back off their Fileshare.
    NOTE: Quick saving the map does save progress as long as you see Saving…Done and not Saving…failed. The Retrieving Data glitch simple prevents you from saving the map as new and editing it’s details such as name and details.

Hello 343 industries,
I am here to report that i am having issues with the map i am currently working on. It has been over a month this map has been being constructed due to these issues linked with the “forge” type. When i save my map and return to it when i forge again i lose about 20% of progress. I quick saved, saved as new, and save map and still encounter the same issue. I have to redo my scripts and map itself (the 20% of it atleast) and some of the terrain and weapons and even few walls tend to fly around my map and do a position reset and they were “Not” scripted at all. I was wondering if i could get tips on what i can do to have a more better experience with forge. Thank you.

Are we still on this ? Does anybody know if this is still a problem ? haven’t Forged in months would like to get back at it.

I have the same issue

Please don’t revive old topics, thanks.