Halo 5 Forge and File Share

I know that I am just one of the few people who support 343 and is all for the changes they made in Halo 5 and is super hyped for it. But here is a discussion that many people don’t talk about. Forge and File Share. So Forge is a great way to make maps and keep playing Halo. The community has created some fantastic maps and custom game types that keep the community together through seamless sharing. That is why Halo has File Share. But nor File Share and Forge is perfect and here is why.
FORGE AND WHAT THEY NEED TO IMPROVE
Forge is in Halo 5, that much we know. 2 of the Beta maps were confirmed to be created in forge and they were really good maps. But at the time I write this post 343 has not revealed forge. Halo 2 anniversary’s forge was a step forward, because of it’s scripted items and really added deeper elements into maps which was perfect and just what forge needed. But it was a small step. Besides the scripted items Halo 2 Anniversary’s forge was almost identical to Halo 4’s forge. The need to add more map making elements and tools, because more tools better maps. One they need to added is the option to connect multiple pieces to create a custom item. For example place a building and add various items to that building and save it so it can be replicated multiple times. Also do not remove scripted items. You need this to add to the element of the map. More elements more unique and diverse maps. Special effects that are now present in the game are useless. The only use for them is if you’re building a map with a 12 year old who decides to troll you and place every single one to the fact that you’re screen looks like a drug addict has taken every narcotic known to man. The only special effect that was acceptable was the purple special effect from Halo:Reach which made the map look like it was set in the night. So do away with special effects and add custom day settings. Make your map look like it’s in the night for those scary maps built to play infection or flood. Day time for clear and awesome battles. You see what I’m saying. But I think this is already implemented though. As I said before 2 maps for the Halo 5 beta were created in forge. One has the usual clear day setting. But one had the setting where it was in the evening and the sun was setting. If it is already in there, good job 343. That is the improvements needed in forge now let’s talk about File Share.

HALO 5 WILL GO OUT EARLY IF THERE IS NO FILE SHARE

First let me refer you to a YouTube video made by a friend of mine here’s the link, Halo 5 WILL DIE IF IT DOESN'T HAVE FILE SUPPORT #SaveCustoms - YouTube. Watched it? Good. He is not wrong in saying “Halo 5 will die without File Share.” It needs to be quick and easy to access. Do what Bungie did for Halo:Reach add a community hub where you can download and share maps and Custom game types. Better yet Halo: Channel is nothing good but just to watch videos most of which can be seen every where else. Use it so that players can post maps, custom game types, and creations. Also have a section for tweets from you 343 and the Halo fans. Don’t let Halo 5 die. #Savecustoms.

Thanks for reading.

reach was way better than 4 but thats my opinion.

> 2533274816318592;2:
> reach was way better than 4 but thats my opinion.

I agree, I felt the community was a lot stronger then.

> 2533274861116981;3:
> > 2533274816318592;2:
> > reach was way better than 4 but thats my opinion.
>
>
> I agree, I felt the community was a lot stronger then.

Totally!

> 2535431845392347;4:
> > 2533274861116981;3:
> > > 2533274816318592;2:
> > > reach was way better than 4 but thats my opinion.
> >
> >
> > I agree, I felt the community was a lot stronger then.
>
>
> Totally!

yep

Yeah, File share browser is absolutely NEEDED

> 2533274892367695;5:
> > 2535431845392347;4:
> > > 2533274861116981;3:
> > > > 2533274816318592;2:
> > > > reach was way better than 4 but thats my opinion.
> > >
> > >
> > > I agree, I felt the community was a lot stronger then.
> >
> >
> > Totally!
>
>
> yep

Disagree.

I agree with this. Simply because what makes a game thrive and last is not good mechanics and gameplay, that is essentially just a plus, but what really creates a diverse and populated community is room for growth and creativity. We feel to be apart of something when something we create is shared with everyone else, we grow attached. Other than that, social aspects of games are what make people want to play them. I have no desire to play the best game in the world if Im the only one playing it. Hell, I wont play it even if there’s 10,000 people playing it. I want to know what when I go big and become known, or when I am pro status (top 200) that I am top 200 out of a couple hundred thousand or more… that I am at the top of a mountain of gamers. Everyones opinions of that may differ, but they are all related to the same things; Socialization, creativity, and community.

It stumps me to this day why 343 decides to further innovate Forge without giving players the tools necessary to share their creations. File sharing should be a priority and should be available via in-game and Waypoint.

if there is no file share then forge is pointless…

“No forgation without file sharation” !

Guys this is 2 months old. Before the announcement of the forge.
Trust me, they HAVE file share. Stop automatically assuming that something isn’t in the game, then -Yoinking!- about it for days on end. Christ.

> 2535447317427844;11:
> Guys this is 2 months old. Before the announcement of the forge.
> Trust me, they HAVE file share. Stop automatically assuming that something isn’t in the game, then -Yoinking!- about it for days on end. Christ.

Okay, I’ll just ignore that file sharing took 6 months to be implemented in both Halo 4 and MCC.

> 2533274794648158;12:
> > 2535447317427844;11:
> > Guys this is 2 months old. Before the announcement of the forge.
> > Trust me, they HAVE file share. Stop automatically assuming that something isn’t in the game, then -Yoinking!- about it for days on end. Christ.
>
>
> Okay, I’ll just ignore that file sharing took 6 months to be implemented in both Halo 4 and MCC.

You’re not ignoring it. Instead, you’re using it as a bias to complain on a 2 month old thread that has no actual information about Forge, or File share, while there are 10 forge threads on the first 2 pages alone that HAVE information.

> 2535447317427844;13:
> > 2533274794648158;12:
> > > 2535447317427844;11:
> > > Guys this is 2 months old. Before the announcement of the forge.
> > > Trust me, they HAVE file share. Stop automatically assuming that something isn’t in the game, then -Yoinking!- about it for days on end. Christ.
> >
> >
> > Okay, I’ll just ignore that file sharing took 6 months to be implemented in both Halo 4 and MCC.
>
>
> You’re not ignoring it. Instead, you’re using it as a bias to complain on a 2 month old thread that has no actual information about Forge, or File share, while there are 10 forge threads on the first 2 pages alone that HAVE information.

First off, I didn’t necro this thread. Second, there is no information on file sharing, so I’m going to assume it’s not included until I see otherwise.

I wouldn’t be sure with the File-Sharing thing and how Halo 5 would die. If they done Arena/Warzone right there will be a lots of players, which stays on this Mode and can life without Forge/Filesharing etc. But - and i don’t see why there shouldn’t be a File-Sharing at all…

What-over more is important, even more important than File Sharing, is how actually the Custom-Games/Hosting is worked out. There should/must be a Server Browser. I’m not to much into it, because back than i weren’t interested in Forge-Custom-Games-Modes, but if i remember correctly( if i’m wrong pls correct me), you had to add poeples in your Friendslist etc to open up an Custom Game where you can use Forge etc. And if thats so, i wouldn’t(as exampel) enjoy Forge-Modes/Maps that much. Forgemodes/Maps should offer fun, and it should be easy to access(one of the things is File-Sharing) - it shouldn’t be like - i have to look for Players or add stranger. It should be like i open server with Mode/Map selection and People can join, and you can play. So i think a server-browser would be helpfull!

Hopefully it will be better than it was in the MCC because you couldn’t find anything in other players fileshare

fileshare would be A BIG STEP IN HALO FORGE!

Bump for implementing file share

Wouldn’t that technically be a step backwards, because Reach had FS and more recent Halos didn’t?

> 2535431845392347;4:
> > 2533274861116981;3:
> > > 2533274816318592;2:
> > > reach was way better than 4 but thats my opinion.
> >
> >
> > I agree, I felt the community was a lot stronger then.
>
>
> Totally!

FILE SHARE IS NEED FOR THE GREATER GOOD!!!