Halo 5 feels so bare

There are so many things missing from the game all the different game types that made halo, halo.
How is it Call of duty black ops 3 can do every single game type offline with bots yet halo locks itself behind the servers. Hell you can’t even do custom games or forge offline that makes my head hurt. its sad they rushed this game out with so many missing features, that get added in later as free dlc which should of been in the game to start.

I love halo but the lack of these updates makes this the game die really quick.

I totally feel the same

this game will be dead after the free updates stop in june…so sad because this game should be in top 5 XBL until Halo 6.

I’m not trying to be contrary for the sake of being contrary, but I’m gonna put this out there just the same:

For me, if there’s an assault rifle, and maybe a battle rifle… and a campaign where I can use them, and a little multiplayer where I can use them… then that’s Halo. Halo isn’t defined for me by the presence or absence of Infection. Or Grifball. Or a bunch of other game types that I’ll play once for every fifty times I play warzone. I understand that variety is critical to longevity, and I understand that just because I don’t put much stock in non-slayer game types… that doesn’t mean that others don’t either. But I can’t play a match of warzone (the single greatest thing to happen to Halo multiplayer since the advent of xbox live) and feel like this game is bare. I feel like it’s already arguably the best Halo ever, and that it can only get better when these other game types finally show up. And they will show up.

I was defending Halo 5 for a while but as more games are coming out that I’m enjoying more and I play Halo less and less which did not occur in the past, I’m inclined to agree with the OP.

The lack of variety has me playing just enough to maintain my skill while I wait for these updates to roll out. If you believe what they’re telling us, gametypes, playlists, and original maps will be the focus moving forward so hopefully the game will soon be on par with older halos

> 2533275021804951;3:
> this game will be dead after the free updates stop in june…so sad because this game should be in top 5 XBL until Halo 6.

to me there not even updates they are just putting in stuff that should have already been in the game at the start

If the lack of customization options does not improve significantly on the custom games side of things by summer, I probably won’t be playing much anymore. None of us are really forging because we are making maps for game types we wished existed but don’t There are a lot of good games coming out. At this point we just wish we could take Halo 5s forge and put it in reach or 3. 60fps feels nice and the game play feels good but it’s just not enough for us.

> 2533274873843883;4:
> I’m not trying to be contrary for the sake of being contrary, but I’m gonna put this out there just the same:
>
> For me, if there’s an assault rifle, and maybe a battle rifle… and a campaign where I can use them, and a little multiplayer where I can use them… then that’s Halo. Halo isn’t defined for me by the presence or absence of Infection. Or Grifball. Or a bunch of other game types that I’ll play once for every fifty times I play warzone. I understand that variety is critical to longevity, and I understand that just because I don’t put much stock in non-slayer game types… that doesn’t mean that others don’t either. But I can’t play a match of warzone (the single greatest thing to happen to Halo multiplayer since the advent of xbox live) and feel like this game is bare. I feel like it’s already arguably the best Halo ever, and that it can only get better when these other game types finally show up. And they will show up.

And I’m not trying to argue just for the sake of arguing, but your standards are incredibly low. That tiny amount of content may be enough for you, but its not enough for the majority of Halo fans and gamers in general. Warzone’s apparent greatness is also just a matter of opinion, and it in no way excuses the massive lack of content in this game. I get that you like Halo 5. I do too. We still need to acknowledge its shortcomings, especially so since we’re fans.

> 2533274884025288;9:
> > 2533274873843883;4:
> > I’m not trying to be contrary for the sake of being contrary, but I’m gonna put this out there just the same:
> >
> > For me, if there’s an assault rifle, and maybe a battle rifle… and a campaign where I can use them, and a little multiplayer where I can use them… then that’s Halo. Halo isn’t defined for me by the presence or absence of Infection. Or Grifball. Or a bunch of other game types that I’ll play once for every fifty times I play warzone. I understand that variety is critical to longevity, and I understand that just because I don’t put much stock in non-slayer game types… that doesn’t mean that others don’t either. But I can’t play a match of warzone (the single greatest thing to happen to Halo multiplayer since the advent of xbox live) and feel like this game is bare. I feel like it’s already arguably the best Halo ever, and that it can only get better when these other game types finally show up. And they will show up.
>
>
> And I’m not trying to argue just for the sake of arguing, but your standards are incredibly low. That tiny amount of content may be enough for you, but its not enough for the majority of Halo fans and gamers in general. Warzone’s apparent greatness is also just a matter of opinion, and it in no way excuses the massive lack of content in this game. I get that you like Halo 5. I do too. We still need to acknowledge its shortcomings, especially so since we’re fans.

I would be a little wary of generalizing about “the majority of Halo fans.” And my use of the expression “for me,” more than once, was intended to show that what I said was strictly my opinion. All I’m saying is that “massive lack of content” is also an opinion. It’s in the eye of the beholder. For most it seems to boil down to game types and maps. If I had a dime for every time I read a post about the terrible “lack of maps at launch” then I could retire. Reach launched with just as few, and many of them were ripped directly out of campaign. No one once said, then or now, that Reach had a “lack of content.” With game types I have to agree. I’m genuinely surprised that this game would launch without many of the standards. Again, since I care for them not, and since my “compensation” is warzone… I’m a pretty big fan.

And maybe if I thought that they were just skipping Infection and Grifball and _____ just as a way to save a little money, or to see just how little they could get away with, then I’d be seriously less forgiving. But it is all coming. Maybe in my old age I’ve grown patient. Maybe I’ve grown complacent. That’s for you to decide. I only know that what they’ve given me to tinker with while I wait is pretty freakin’ awesome.

Signed, Incredibly Low Standards.

> 2533275021804951;3:
> this game will be dead after the free updates stop in june…so sad because this game should be in top 5 XBL until Halo 6.

ya then the reall update come out

the ones you have to pay 20 bucks for

those are going to be cool

Halo has been taking steps backwards in every thing. I think it’s time for 343 to be run by different people or hand Halo over to another developer.

Edit: weapon balance and the aiming is great in H5 and the max 6 player FFA… that is all.

> 2533274873843883;10:
> > 2533274884025288;9:
> > > 2533274873843883;4:
> > > I’m not trying to be contrary for the sake of being contrary, but I’m gonna put this out there just the same:
> > >
> > > For me, if there’s an assault rifle, and maybe a battle rifle… and a campaign where I can use them, and a little multiplayer where I can use them… then that’s Halo. Halo isn’t defined for me by the presence or absence of Infection. Or Grifball. Or a bunch of other game types that I’ll play once for every fifty times I play warzone. I understand that variety is critical to longevity, and I understand that just because I don’t put much stock in non-slayer game types… that doesn’t mean that others don’t either. But I can’t play a match of warzone (the single greatest thing to happen to Halo multiplayer since the advent of xbox live) and feel like this game is bare. I feel like it’s already arguably the best Halo ever, and that it can only get better when these other game types finally show up. And they will show up.
> >
> >
> > And I’m not trying to argue just for the sake of arguing, but your standards are incredibly low. That tiny amount of content may be enough for you, but its not enough for the majority of Halo fans and gamers in general. Warzone’s apparent greatness is also just a matter of opinion, and it in no way excuses the massive lack of content in this game. I get that you like Halo 5. I do too. We still need to acknowledge its shortcomings, especially so since we’re fans.
>
>
> I would be a little wary of generalizing about “the majority of Halo fans.” And my use of the expression “for me,” more than once, was intended to show that what I said was strictly my opinion. All I’m saying is that “massive lack of content” is also an opinion. It’s in the eye of the beholder. For most it seems to boil down to game types and maps. If I had a dime for every time I read a post about the terrible “lack of maps at launch” then I could retire. Reach launched with just as few, and many of them were ripped directly out of campaign. No one once said, then or now, that Reach had a “lack of content.” With game types I have to agree. I’m genuinely surprised that this game would launch without many of the standards. Again, since I care for them not, and since my “compensation” is warzone… I’m a pretty big fan.
>
> And maybe if I thought that they were just skipping Infection and Grifball and _____ just as a way to save a little money, or to see just how little they could get away with, then I’d be seriously less forgiving. But it is all coming. Maybe in my old age I’ve grown patient. Maybe I’ve grown complacent. That’s for you to decide. I only know that what they’ve given me to tinker with while I wait is pretty freakin’ awesome.
>
> Signed, Incredibly Low Standards.

Agree with Recon here, mostly. I still think its low on the meat, but with time it will be solid presuming that 343 starts to listen to their customers. They haven’t quite grasped the concept of listening to the people who buy their products yet, but from the last livestream there are hints that will be changing.

Signed, Patience with Age

> 2533274809033265;1:
> There are so many things missing from the game all the different game types that made halo, halo.
> How is it Call of duty black ops 3 can do every single game type offline with bots yet halo locks itself behind the servers. Hell you can’t even do custom games or forge offline that makes my head hurt. its sad they rushed this game out with so many missing features, that get added in later as free dlc which should of been in the game to start.
>
> I love halo but the lack of these updates makes this the game die really quick.

I agree halo would be so much better with more things to do and if only they made the storie line longer

> 2533274873843883;10:
> > 2533274884025288;9:
> > > 2533274873843883;4:
> > > I’m not trying to be contrary for the sake of being contrary, but I’m gonna put this out there just the same:
> > >
> > > For me, if there’s an assault rifle, and maybe a battle rifle… and a campaign where I can use them, and a little multiplayer where I can use them… then that’s Halo. Halo isn’t defined for me by the presence or absence of Infection. Or Grifball. Or a bunch of other game types that I’ll play once for every fifty times I play warzone. I understand that variety is critical to longevity, and I understand that just because I don’t put much stock in non-slayer game types… that doesn’t mean that others don’t either. But I can’t play a match of warzone (the single greatest thing to happen to Halo multiplayer since the advent of xbox live) and feel like this game is bare. I feel like it’s already arguably the best Halo ever, and that it can only get better when these other game types finally show up. And they will show up.
> >
> >
> > And I’m not trying to argue just for the sake of arguing, but your standards are incredibly low. That tiny amount of content may be enough for you, but its not enough for the majority of Halo fans and gamers in general. Warzone’s apparent greatness is also just a matter of opinion, and it in no way excuses the massive lack of content in this game. I get that you like Halo 5. I do too. We still need to acknowledge its shortcomings, especially so since we’re fans.
>
>
> I would be a little wary of generalizing about “the majority of Halo fans.” And my use of the expression “for me,” more than once, was intended to show that what I said was strictly my opinion. All I’m saying is that “massive lack of content” is also an opinion. It’s in the eye of the beholder. For most it seems to boil down to game types and maps. If I had a dime for every time I read a post about the terrible “lack of maps at launch” then I could retire. Reach launched with just as few, and many of them were ripped directly out of campaign. No one once said, then or now, that Reach had a “lack of content.” With game types I have to agree. I’m genuinely surprised that this game would launch without many of the standards. Again, since I care for them not, and since my “compensation” is warzone… I’m a pretty big fan.
>
> And maybe if I thought that they were just skipping Infection and Grifball and _____ just as a way to save a little money, or to see just how little they could get away with, then I’d be seriously less forgiving. But it is all coming. Maybe in my old age I’ve grown patient. Maybe I’ve grown complacent. That’s for you to decide. I only know that what they’ve given me to tinker with while I wait is pretty freakin’ awesome.
>
> Signed, Incredibly Low Standards.

Firstly, I’ll address your lack of information.

Reaches maps were not ripped out of the campaign. They were designed for the multiplayer, and then integrated into the campaign. Secondly, lack of content is not really an opinion, whether you think it fun, bad etc is opinion, but that doesn’t change how little content there is. In terms of reach, there was no lack of content, as it had the gametypes, and enough maps. Further, it had invasion, and a massively customisable firefight-no lack here. This game has less gametypes (gametypes, not variants of slayer) than Halo CE did, that’s not opinion, that’s fact, and that’s not even comparing it halo 2,3 4 and reach. Further, the campaign was by far the weakest and most cliche of the series. This game may be enough for you, and that’s all well and good.

HOWEVER, when people ask for the bare minimum, don’t come around here and say that it’s good enough as is, as if they decide to add said gametypes back in, then that makes it better for everyone, it won’t detract from your experience whatsoever. There is no point in being against posts addressing lack of content or requesting the bare minimum, as doing so will add nothing to the game, and will not benefit anyone. Making posts like this requesting everything that every previous game had on launch (I.e the basic staples, oddball for example) will benefit everyone, and won’t detract from the experience you are having either, as you get more things to play, and the population will (hopefully) be higher once this game has the bare minimum.

> 2533274816788253;12:
> Halo has been taking steps backwards in every thing. I think it’s time for 343 to be run by different people or hand Halo over to another developer.
>
> Edit: weapon balance and the aiming is great in H5 and the max 6 player FFA… that is all.

Honestly I agree here. All 343 is doing is going back. Yes gameplay and balance has improved, but the story has been ruined, and the multiplayer population gets lower with each release. Even Ea/Dice are better with fan feedback. They are still updating and adding free content to BF4 2 years after launch. They respond to fan feedback on the forums even. I’ve never seen 343 even acknowledge the biggest requests on the forums and reddit, PvE warzone. (If they have, just correct me and link me, I have not found or read anything saying that they have acknowledge the large request).

> 2533274875084332;15:
> > 2533274873843883;10:
> > > 2533274884025288;9:
> > > > 2533274873843883;4:
> > > > I’m not trying to be contrary for the sake of being contrary, but I’m gonna put this out there just the same:
> > > >
> > > > For me, if there’s an assault rifle, and maybe a battle rifle… and a campaign where I can use them, and a little multiplayer where I can use them… then that’s Halo. Halo isn’t defined for me by the presence or absence of Infection. Or Grifball. Or a bunch of other game types that I’ll play once for every fifty times I play warzone. I understand that variety is critical to longevity, and I understand that just because I don’t put much stock in non-slayer game types… that doesn’t mean that others don’t either. But I can’t play a match of warzone (the single greatest thing to happen to Halo multiplayer since the advent of xbox live) and feel like this game is bare. I feel like it’s already arguably the best Halo ever, and that it can only get better when these other game types finally show up. And they will show up.
> > >
> > >
> > > And I’m not trying to argue just for the sake of arguing, but your standards are incredibly low. That tiny amount of content may be enough for you, but its not enough for the majority of Halo fans and gamers in general. Warzone’s apparent greatness is also just a matter of opinion, and it in no way excuses the massive lack of content in this game. I get that you like Halo 5. I do too. We still need to acknowledge its shortcomings, especially so since we’re fans.
> >
> >
> > I would be a little wary of generalizing about “the majority of Halo fans.” And my use of the expression “for me,” more than once, was intended to show that what I said was strictly my opinion. All I’m saying is that “massive lack of content” is also an opinion. It’s in the eye of the beholder. For most it seems to boil down to game types and maps. If I had a dime for every time I read a post about the terrible “lack of maps at launch” then I could retire. Reach launched with just as few, and many of them were ripped directly out of campaign. No one once said, then or now, that Reach had a “lack of content.” With game types I have to agree. I’m genuinely surprised that this game would launch without many of the standards. Again, since I care for them not, and since my “compensation” is warzone… I’m a pretty big fan.
> >
> > And maybe if I thought that they were just skipping Infection and Grifball and _____ just as a way to save a little money, or to see just how little they could get away with, then I’d be seriously less forgiving. But it is all coming. Maybe in my old age I’ve grown patient. Maybe I’ve grown complacent. That’s for you to decide. I only know that what they’ve given me to tinker with while I wait is pretty freakin’ awesome.
> >
> > Signed, Incredibly Low Standards.
>
>
> Firstly, I’ll address your lack of information.
>
> Reaches maps were not ripped out of the campaign. They were designed for the multiplayer, and then integrated into the campaign. Secondly, lack of content is not really an opinion, whether you think it fun, bad etc is opinion, but that doesn’t change how little content there is. In terms of reach, there was no lack of content, as it had the gametypes, and enough maps. Further, it had invasion, and a massively customisable firefight-no lack here. This game has less gametypes (gametypes, not variants of slayer) than Halo CE did, that’s not opinion, that’s fact, and that’s not even comparing it halo 2,3 4 and reach. Further, the campaign was by far the weakest and most cliche of the series. This game may be enough for you, and that’s all well and good.
>
> HOWEVER, when people ask for the bare minimum, don’t come around here and say that it’s good enough as is, as if they decide to add said gametypes back in, then that makes it better for everyone, it won’t detract from your experience whatsoever. There is no point in being against posts addressing lack of content or requesting the bare minimum, as doing so will add nothing to the game, and will not benefit anyone. Making posts like this requesting everything that every previous game had on launch (I.e the basic staples, oddball for example) will benefit everyone, and won’t detract from the experience you are having either, as you get more things to play, and the population will (hopefully) be higher once this game has the bare minimum.

Reach maps going from campaign to multiplayer or from multiplayer to campaign… how does that still not qualify as a “lack of content” by Halo 5 standards?

Yes, lack of content is an opinion, unless you are judging one game against another, and even then we’re talking about some seriously gray areas.

Yes, Reach had more game types. Yes, firefight was the second best thing ever to happen to Halo. That doesn’t change the fact that it wasn’t popular, if we go by play list populations and compare it to team slayer or big team slayer. Same can be said for invasion. And quite a few of the other play lists that are under discussion. Not that that is an excuse for not having them - only that it might make it a little more understandable if they choose to start with play lists that are more likely to draw core players.

And where ever did I advocate that we only ask for the bare minimum? I never said, “343, please stop with the game types that we have. It’s plenty. It’s good enough as is.” What I said was, and I’m paraphrasing here, that what you call complacency in me, I could just as easily call impatience in you. I said right out loud, on the record, for all to hear, that if I thought these game types were being left out of the game as a cost cutter then I’d be a lot less forgiving.

This game has been out for all of three months now. If, three years from now, it still has the content that it has now then I was wrong and you were right. In the mean time a lot of the tone of these arguments is the tone of entitlement. Not the substance, but the tone.

I agree with most of this, but calling the updates and patches “DLC” to yell at 343 is wrong. They aren’t claiming it’s DLC. They are fixing the issues the game has and listening to the community. Every other game has plenty of technical issues these days and developers patch it after. That’s not an exclusively Halo 5 thing.

Yeah sometimes I get to playing and I start to think of all the things that arnt in the game

> 2533274809033265;1:
> There are so many things missing from the game all the different game types that made halo, halo.
> How is it Call of duty black ops 3 can do every single game type offline with bots yet halo locks itself behind the servers. Hell you can’t even do custom games or forge offline that makes my head hurt. its sad they rushed this game out with so many missing features, that get added in later as free dlc which should of been in the game to start.
>
> I love halo but the lack of these updates makes this the game die really quick.

game didnt die for me. real fans enjoy whats already there. forge is amazing and i put hours on end making maps. everything else is amazing to keep me occupied. all the gametypes are confirmed too. just be pateint. you forget blops 3 is a copy and paste game ofcourse they have all the game modes because they didnt have to change a single thing just make it prettier. with halo 5 they have to build everything from scatch. a ball gametype is coming which is going to be a hyrid which can make any ball game. richot oddbal. assault. this is amazing. instead of just copy and paste gamemodes we are getting brand new reworked modes made from scratch. and infection is confirmed