Halo 5 feels like a body without a soul

What do you guys feel about this statement?

Too metaphorical. Need specifics. What do you feel is empty about it?

Halo MCC is a soul without a functioning body.
Halo 4 is an abyss.

I wouldn’t say Halo 5 is completely without soul though.

I feel it’s the opposite, Halo 4 lacked soul if anything. It seemed like that game was mostly a mess of design that never converged and worked in unison. Halo 5 has an incredible flow that helps keep the game fun and charming, with it’s very bright and entertaining art style.

This is why I feel it is kind of a lifeless mp experience.
has it occurred to anyone else that Spartans in halo 5 look like they are suited up in armour that makes them sort of toy looking?
Also does the game feel different because you feel like you are playing as a lowly spartan 4 and not playing as a superior spartan 2? If you have played the campaign every halo mp had you feel like a badarse spartan 2, spartan 3 in reach. Now this new game has you playing in a more undersirable role as a spartan 4. This is made worse by the foolish pre and post match posing along with armour that makes them look plastic.
No abundance of weapons on the maps, regret has the worst so called power weapon in the history of halo, slow projectile launcher that needs two direct hits to kill, nothing else worthy to pick up unless it is the lightrifle. i want more chaos, give a sniper, a rocket launcher a sword. Dmr kills like the pistol from halo CE. It is on the map for pick up not a starting weapon, it needs a reason to be picked up, lightrifle could charge like the plasma pistol and kill in one shot but that in turn chews the ammo faster but at least it is going to be a desired pick up on the map. Honestly go to halo 4, turn off ordenence, load outs and you have got halo 5, you’ll get the bare amount of little useful weapons and make do with what ever is given to you off spawn.
so 343 if you are listening
more realistic armor
no childish posing
grenades that don’t bounce like ping pong balls
more damaging weapons on map (this also speeds up game play)
better maps (no team should get an advantage through texturing of a map that allows them to blend into it)
stop telling people where power weapons are.
power ups on maps over shield etc

> 2617047104895806;2:
> Too metaphorical. Need specifics. What do you feel is empty about it?

I remember when halo reach and halo 4 betas hit I dropped everything like a nuke and tried spending every waking minute trying to get more time in, this time around I had planned to do the same even with the horrible experience that is MCC, but yet when I finally got on, the game couldn’t hold my attention for more then 2 matches when I decided my time was better spend elsewhere… So either I simply have better -Yoink- to do, or the game is -Yoink-, and given that I’m scrolling through these forums, I highly doubt I have anything better to do.

The game is the vessel, the players its soul.

If you’re playing H5 like it’s CoD: AW or Destiny… Please continue. I look forward to chewing through you till I get to those that are playing H5. Then we shall dance the Water Dance.

> 2533274860626558;6:
> > 2617047104895806;2:
> > Too metaphorical. Need specifics. What do you feel is empty about it?
>
>
>
>
> I remember when halo reach and halo 4 betas hit I dropped everything like a nuke and tried spending every waking minute trying to get more time in, this time around I had planned to do the same even with the horrible experience that is MCC, but yet when I finally got on, the game couldn’t hold my attention for more then 2 matches when I decided my time was better spend elsewhere… So either I simply have better -Yoink- to do, or the game is -Yoink-, and given that I’m scrolling through these forums, I highly doubt I have anything better to do.

H4 hadn’t a beta

On topic:

Obviously the beta feels so shallow ,despite its decent gameplay, because it’s a BETA for multiplayer feedback. Wait for the final edition, when there’s a campaign to it and many other things which fill this ‘gap’

> 2533274820441404;8:
> > 2533274860626558;6:
> > > 2617047104895806;2:
> > > Too metaphorical. Need specifics. What do you feel is empty about it?
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > I remember when halo reach and halo 4 betas hit I dropped everything like a nuke and tried spending every waking minute trying to get more time in, this time around I had planned to do the same even with the horrible experience that is MCC, but yet when I finally got on, the game couldn’t hold my attention for more then 2 matches when I decided my time was better spend elsewhere… So either I simply have better -Yoink- to do, or the game is -Yoink-, and given that I’m scrolling through these forums, I highly doubt I have anything better to do.
>
>
> H4 hadn’t a beta
>
> On topic:
>
> Obviously the beta feels so shallow ,despite its decent gameplay, because it’s a BETA for multiplayer feedback. Wait for the final edition, when there’s a campaign to it and many other things which fill this ‘gap’

really? I must be thinking of the full game then… I actually really liked h4… but this “BETA” still doesn’t draw me in though…

I think you are kind of right. IMO the soul of any FPS is down to how the basic aiming mechanics work. Halo 5 beta auto-aim acts like a massive sensitivity drop, its like the reticle becomes sluggish, heavy, and sometimes completely stuck in the mud. And the auto-aim kicks in well off target. This in turn causes people to over compensate for the stuck reticle, and subsequently leads to over aim. The auto-aim is effectively fighting against player input from moving the reticle on target.

So the very core, the backbone, the fundamental process of point-and-shoot is being fought against by the game itself. Forget about all the sprint, thrust, clamber, ground pound, slide stuff… the core is flawed. imo this will ruin the game unless its fixed.

auto-aim should function like a basic gravity-well for player input. Any vector force I apply to the reticle is only assisted toward a target.

H5 have a “generic” soul.

I agree, it just feels like a pathetic generic wannabe of the modern day shooter riddled with gimmicks. When I think about playing Halo 5, I don’t get excited about it at all because I can experience the same type of gameplay in another shooter. Back in H2 and H3’s prime, I always wanted to play them because no other shooter offered the same kind of experience which still remains the case to this day. I’m more excited for Halo MCC working at full capacity complete with ranks, dedicated servers, and fixed hit detection among many other things.

343 is not trying to innovate here people. Halo 4 and 5 is a culmination of the previous halo games. Halo 2 had dual wield, hijack and health regen. Halo 3 had equipment, forge and theater. Halo Reach had armor abilities and classes.

Then 343 stepped in and with them Halo 4 brought nothing game changing to the table just a bunch of new armor abilities and much deeper class customization. Halo 5 has been such a community driven game since they allowed pro halo players to advise on what direction the game should take. I think once again the heart of this upcoming game will be a culmination of all the halos before it as opposed to an innovate entry in the series. Visuals 11/10, Gameplay 11/10, Sound 2/10.

Until gametypes like BTB and infection return, it does feel kinds empty.

> 2629110318197767;13:
> 343 is not trying to innovate here people. Halo 4 and 5 is a culmination of the previous halo games. Halo 2 had dual wield, hijack and health regen. Halo 3 had equipment, forge and theater. Halo Reach had armor abilities and classes.
>
> Then 343 stepped in and with them Halo 4 brought nothing game changing to the table just a bunch of new armor abilities and much deeper class customization. Halo 5 has been such a community driven game since they allowed pro halo players to advise on what direction the game should take. I think once again the heart of this upcoming game will be a culmination of all the halos before it as opposed to an innovate entry in the series. Visuals 11/10, Gameplay 11/10, Sound 2/10.

Halo 5 is not a community driven game, it’s very much profit driven. It’s an attempt to lure in the CoD crowd and generate maximum sales. You think all these “new” abilities and sprint were added from the suggestion of pro halo players? The only influence the pro’s have had on Halo 5 so far is the addition of spectator mode, other than that they are nothing more than glorified game testers.

That is going to be every Halo game 343i makes. It all business now. The passion stayed at Bungie.

> 2533274819794644;15:
> > 2629110318197767;13:
> > 343 is not trying to innovate here people. Halo 4 and 5 is a culmination of the previous halo games. Halo 2 had dual wield, hijack and health regen. Halo 3 had equipment, forge and theater. Halo Reach had armor abilities and classes.
> >
> > Then 343 stepped in and with them Halo 4 brought nothing game changing to the table just a bunch of new armor abilities and much deeper class customization. Halo 5 has been such a community driven game since they allowed pro halo players to advise on what direction the game should take. I think once again the heart of this upcoming game will be a culmination of all the halos before it as opposed to an innovate entry in the series. Visuals 11/10, Gameplay 11/10, Sound 2/10.
>
>
> Halo 5 is not a community driven game, it’s very much profit driven. It’s an attempt to lure in the CoD crowd and generate maximum sales. You think all these “new” abilities and sprint were added from the suggestion of pro halo players? The only influence the pro’s have had on Halo 5 so far is the addition of spectator mode, other than that they are nothing more than glorified game testers.

It feels like it was designed by marketing experts.

You’re right Hot Top Fade. So sad :frowning:

> 2661949065465166;16:
> That is going to be every Halo game 343i makes. It all business now. The passion stayed at Bungie.

Imma stop you right there.
Exhibit A: Destiny.
That is all.

Whether you realize it or not, most of you have already made up you’re minds about 343 & Halo 5. You WILL NOT like the game. It’s just not going to happen. Period. You won’t allow yourself to regardless of what happens between now and launch.

There’s this thick slather of cynicism over every post and absolutely nothing they do will change that … maybe short of having a silly little man in a hat follow you around desperately pleading with you to just try some green eggs and ham with an open mind. But that won’t happen.

And it’s rampant.

"There’s a new update for the MCC coming out"

“Yeah and it’ll probably just break the game further”

"Well, did you vote for the map next week?"

“Why? To play on some noobtown forge piece of crap designed by incompetents?”

"Why are you here?"

“Halo used to be fun to me but it’s not 100% identical to how I think I remember it and in an ever changing world I need consistency and the safety of knowing not all things change and life is scary and I don’t want to die alone and 343 ruined my childhood.”
"… fair enough …"

“Only BR starts are fair, you noobers”
(lolz)