Halo 5 Feedback [ constructive feedback ]

So after playing plenty of matches on the Halo 5 beta I would like to share ALL the feedback I have to help make Halo 5 better. Let me know if you guys agree.

Feedback list:

• Remove the delay of the sniper rifle scope and make it more smooth
  • Increase the sniper fire rate a bit
  • Nerf the AR range
  • Nerf the SMG damage a bit (not too much)
  • Nerf the accuracy improvements with smartscope on the AR and SMG ( I would prefer to see the smartscope feature removed from automatic rifles)
  • Bring back the power weapon indicators from Halo 2 Anniversary
  • Zooming should be instantly and without any delays just like older Halo games
  • The blue color of spartans needs to be improved, it’s hard to see them on certain maps (Eden for example)
  • Remove the killcams and respawn music
  • Remove the hitmarker sounds
  • Reduce the amount of medals
  • Reduce the amount of power weapon announcement to one or zero ( announce them the moment they drop, not every 10, 20 and 30 seconds before they drop)
  • Reduce the amount of Spartan Chatter and give us the option to turn it off
  • The announcer should say Team Slayer, leave the explantion of the mode away
  • Reduce the amount of things the announcers says, it’s unnecessary ( make him only say important things like double kill, triple kill, overkill etc.) ( in Halo:Reach the
    announcer said exactly the things we wanted to hear)
  • I would suggest to make the announcer announce things at a lower tone similar to Halo:Reach
  • Remove flinch while shot (there is de-scope but you still flinch when zoomed and when shooting from the hip)
  • Change the low shield sound, it is very annoying ( it has a way too high frequency)
  • Reduce the darkness of some dark areas to make them more visible
  • Make bright objects and areas less bright
  • Some areas are either too light or too dark, please change this (the way brightness, lightning and darkness was handled in older Halo games made them look a lot more
    appealing) (Halo 5 still looks good though)
  • Change the userinterface to something similar to Halo: Reach
  • Improve matchmaking times and stability
  • Add the option to set matchmaking preferences in the full game like Halo: Reach
  • Don’t add too many remix maps to the full game, at the moment I prefer the original version A LOT more and we would rather like to see more original maps than remixes.
  • Add more armor customization options in the full game like leg and arm customization
  • Change SR-ranking to Military ranks like Halo 3 and Halo: Reach
  • Add a feature to see the medals we earned and how many of them we earned
  • Add a feature to see the last match information
  • Reduce the size and brightness of the Prophet’s Bane and Energy Sword
  • Increase the base movement speed by 10%
  • Reduce the amount of bullet magnetism
  • Add covenant weapons to the map Truth
  • Add playable Elites in the full game
  • Remove the wind streams at the highest sprint ( I understand why it’s there but it’s not needed)
  • When you stabilze and you get shot you should be de-stabilized and drop on the ground
  • Reduce the size of the DMR smartscope
  • The time to kill should be increase by 5% to make them a bit slower
  • The default controller scheme needs to be redesigned, it doesn’t feel as tight or unique as the previous default controller schemes (the Halo 4 controller scheme fits the
    game much better in my opinion)
  • I would like to see more armor attachments from Halo: Reach return
  • Add special temporary playlists with different gametype settings and reward people for playing them with unique armor only available for a termporary time in these
    playlists
  • Bring back Custom emblems in the full game

Overall I think 343 did a pretty good job so far with Halo 5 and I hope this feedback helps to make the final product even better!

EDIT:

Just because this list is big does NOT mean I don’t like the game. I actually really like Halo 5 so far but I wanted to give ALL the possible feedback I could give 343 to make it even better.

Honestly there’s a difference between good constructive feedback and a list of commands telling them what to do. Could you elaborate?

I will change the title, my bad forgot to change it.

> 2533274878211546;2:
> Honestly there’s a difference between good constructive feedback and a list of commands telling them what to do. Could you elaborate?

Not sure if I’ve ever seen a pickier video game player in my entire life.
OP, you now take that crown. Congrats.

Anyways, I’d like to point out a theory that I’ve realized recently playing this beta.
343i has done an incredible job of creating guns that are better than all other guns at a certain distance.
I’ll elaborate.

Very short range: Melee/ Spartan Charge

Short range: Shotgun/ Energy Sword

Medium short range: SMG/ Prophet’s Bane (because you can now run faster with it)

Medium range: AR

Medium long range: BR/ LR

Long range: DMR

Very long range: Sniper

And of course, all the other variations of each weapon and other power weapons play a certain role in multiplayer.
But the point is that at each of these weapons’ ranges, there isn’t a better gun in the mix that can kill faster and more effectively.
If you meet someone at medium short range that has a SMG or Prophet’s Bane, you will most likely lose the fight if you had a BR or DMR.
Each weapon has their use in certain situations now, which I think is great since the AR, for example, was originally always useless.

The thing that screws up this system is how accuracy increases now in the “smart scope” view.
343 originally told us that using smart scope would not increase accuracy.
This is something they should stand by since they first promised us this; and because it detracts from the strategy of when and where to use each weapon.
Weapons are now capable of stretching into other range zones, and if you throw flinch into the factor, the distance of the AR or SMG while in smart scope is too great.
They both have the capability of taking out another player that has a BR or DMR; while in reality, if you subtract the increased accuracy granted in smart scope, should rarely happen.

All I’m saying is the accuracy increase that smart scope gives ruins the flow and level of effectiveness of each weapon.
Each gun has a purpose, and let them thrive in their effective range.

> 2533274815150938;4:
> Not sure if I’ve ever seen a pickier video game player in my entire life.
> OP, you now take that crown. Congrats.
>
> Anyways, I’d like to point out a theory that I’ve realized recently playing this beta.
> 343i has done an incredible job of creating guns that are better than all other guns at a certain distance.
> I’ll elaborate.
>
> Very short range: Melee/ Spartan Charge
>
> Short range: Shotgun/ Energy Sword
>
> Medium short range: SMG/ Prophet’s Bane (because you can now run faster with it)
>
> Medium range: AR
>
> Medium long range: BR/ LR
>
> Long range: DMR
>
> Very long range: Sniper
>
> And of course, all the other variations of each weapon and other power weapons play a certain role in multiplayer.
> But the point is that at each of these weapons’ ranges, there isn’t a better gun in the mix that can kill faster and more effectively.
> If you meet someone at medium short range that has a SMG or Prophet’s Bane, you will most likely lose the fight if you had a BR or DMR.
> Each weapon has their use in certain situations now, which I think is great since the AR, for example, was originally always useless.
>
> The thing that screws up this system is how accuracy increases now in the “smart scope” view.
> 343 originally told us that using smart scope would not increase accuracy.
> This is something they should stand by since they first promised us this; and because it detracts from the strategy of when and where to use each weapon.
> Weapons are now capable of stretching into other range zones, and if you throw flinch into the factor, the distance of the AR or SMG while in smart scope is too great.
> They both have the capability of taking out another player that has a BR or DMR; while in reality, if you subtract the increased accuracy granted in smart scope, should rarely happen.
>
> All I’m saying is the accuracy increase that smart scope gives ruins the flow and level of effectiveness of each weapon.
> Each gun has a purpose, and let them thrive in their effective range.

Look a lot of these things are either small things I noticed or are things I saw on other posts that I agreed on. I really enjoy Halo 5 so far and I’m looking forward to the final product but 343 wants as much feedback as possible to make their game better and so that’s why I gave them this big list.

Remove kill medals.
They take away (and distract) some of the satisfaction from earning a special medal, such as your multi-kills and killing sprees, when it pops as a lump in the middle of your screen. (alongside your Killing Frenzy medal, thus stealing some of the Killing Frenzy’s spotlight.)
Also it’s completely unnecessary as the kill feed serves the purpose of informing players of their kill.
Additionally, it takes away from the immersion of the game.
Removing kill medals will make it feel a lot more like traditional Halo. This is the traditional Halo feel which has spawned this massive franchise which so many love. Simply remove the unnecessary kill medals and the game would carry the legendary spirit of it’s predecessors with a lot more weight.
Remove the unnecessary kill medals and evoke that nostalgic Halo immersion. 343, we want to buy your game. Please remove the kill medals. Thank you. (:

Pretty good list. Only thing I would add is:
-scrap smart scope altogether
-reduce grenades spawned with to 1