Halo 5 Feedback after Gamescom

So a lot of my complaints have been fixed and improved after the Halo 5 Beta but after seeing Halo 5 Gamescom footage and playing Warzone for myself at Gamescom I still have some small complaints I would like to see adressed. You may think some of my complaints are unnecessary complaints but in my opinion they can make the game just that extra bit better. None of my complaints are gameplay related.

First of all, the shield recharge sounds are still not that great. They are loud and still sound kinda annoying. I highly suggest 343 to create a new soundpiece for shield recharging that is very similar to the classic shield recharge sounds we heard in Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo: Reach. Those sounds were always very similar to each other and became an iconic soundpiece of the Halo franchise. They immediately remind me of Halo and give me a nostalgia feeling about Halo in a good way, not the hateful we don’t want change way.

Secondly, the announcer has definitely had some improvements. It sounds more serious now and a lot less over excited and tuned. However, 343 forgot to change the Victory announcement of the announcer to a similar tone which now makes it sound off place. I hope 343 is aware of this and will change this before the game launches. I suggest to give a similar tone as the new tuned announcer or make it just say Game Over like we had in classic Halo games. It also wouldn’t mind hearing the announcer say the name of the gamemode at the beginning of the match.

Third of all, there are still some ping sounds in the game I would like to see gone before the game launches. The plasma caster and grenades still have a hitmarker ping when they hit someone (not kill someone). This is unnecessary because we have hitmarker indicators for that and I would like 343 to remove them. I would also like to see the kill ping removed and instead keep the red hitmarker and add small line of text on the left saying “You killed Gamertag”. We need a clear indicator we killed someone that is not a sound or visual effect but without making the HUD look cluttered (like the kill medal did). Adding a small line of text a bit above the radar confirming you killed someone would be the perfect solution and has been used in Halo games before Halo 4 as well.

Another small complaint I have with the HUD in Halo 5 are the hitmarket indicators. I’m totally fine with having them but why are they twice the size they were in Halo 4? They were designed just fine in Halo 4, even in the Halo 5 Beta they were designed just fine. It feels totally unnecessary to make them twice the size they just to be and it looks a bit silly to be honest.

My last complaints are all about the visuals of some of weapons:

First of all, the DMR scope is still an ugly piece on top of a gun. The DMR model in Halo 4 looked a lot better. Instead of making the DMR the only weapon with “classic zoom”, I suggest 343 to make the edges of the scope smaller and to bring back the normal zoom for it we had in the beta but with smaller edges to make the surroundings a lot more visual. It also looks a bit weird having the scope less in the middle.

Secondly, a lot of people think the Battle Rifle shoots as a single shot weapon because of the fast burst animation, 343 should try to make it shoot more like a 3-round burst somehow.

Third of all, the Covenant Carbine has been one of my favorite weapons for a long time and I really dislike the fact that it now has a blue color on it instead of a green color. Please change it back to green with purple instead of blue with purple. For the Smartscope, make it green as well but make the reticle blue like we had in Halo 4.

And finally, I really liked the Sniper Rifle in Halo 4. It looked very cool in my opinion but in Halo 5 it looks like they toned it down and made more dull. I hope this will not be the case in the full game. The weapon looks like it lacks detail and the blue display on the Scope can definitely be a bit more blue so it stands out a bit more like in Halo 4.

I really hope 343 takes note of some of these complaints. I understand it looks like nit picking but I really want Halo 5 to be the best game it can be so I and many other can and will enjoy it for many years. Please leave any further suggestions in this thread as well!

Looking forward to Halo 5!

For some of the weapon complaints that you had, specifically the DMR, Sniper Rifle and Covenant Carbine, is it not possible that better models more akin to the favorites will be higher tier weapons? Perhaps you were only given “Tier 1” in the floor demo?

Personal nit picking is not the way to make the best game ever for others. What you like is not something others like. I like the ping and the shield personally cause they sound futury. So removing those things do not make it the best game possible cause they would be taking out something that I like

> 2533274804813082;2:
> For some of the weapon complaints that you had, specifically the DMR, Sniper Rifle and Covenant Carbine, is it not possible that better models more akin to the favorites will be higher tier weapons? Perhaps you were only given “Tier 1” in the floor demo?

It was loadout weapons, power weapons and vehicles, not sure but I think we only got Tier 1 weapons like everyone else indeed. However, the Covenant Carbine should have stayed green with purple.

> 2533275006846402;3:
> Personal nit picking is not the way to make the best game ever for others. What you like is not something others like. I like the ping and the shield personally cause they sound futury. So removing those things do not make it the best game possible cause they would be taking out something that I like

I completely understand that but I did look at other people’s complaints and they seem to generally agree on these things.

I really only have two issues. Lack of assists indication (makes it really hard to tell if a teammate has cleaned up the kill, and this is one of my major issues with old Halo games). And AR starts for competitive, it doesn’t make for a good viewer or optimal player experience. AR starts in the rest of the game are fine, but please… not in competitive.

Other that that, I think they’ve done a lot to make the game better and it looks great. :slight_smile:

> 2533274861362753;6:
> I really only have two issues. Lack of assists indication (makes it really hard to tell if a teammate has cleaned up the kill, and this is one of my major issues with old Halo games). And AR starts for competitive, it doesn’t make for a good viewer or optimal player experience. AR starts in the rest of the game are fine, but please… not in competitive.
>
> Other that that, I think they’ve done a lot to make the game better and it looks great. :slight_smile:

Well the lack of a clear kill and assist indication is something that needs to be adressed indeed. They should not bring back the kill medal but the Assist medal should return though. For getting a kill they should bring back the small line of text on the left saying: “You killed gamertag”. About AR starts, I’m pretty confident we will see BR starts at the Championship since it is hosted by MLG as well and a lot of pros will prefer it.

> 2533274861362753;6:
> I really only have two issues. Lack of assists indication (makes it really hard to tell if a teammate has cleaned up the kill, and this is one of my major issues with old Halo games). And AR starts for competitive, it doesn’t make for a good viewer or optimal player experience. AR starts in the rest of the game are fine, but please… not in competitive.
>
> Other that that, I think they’ve done a lot to make the game better and it looks great. :slight_smile:

IDK, i prefer AR starts overall for Arena. it makes gunfights more involved to me. In the Beta, BR starts made everything more slower paced and more laid back. But that’s my personal preference, i understand where you’re coming from. Competitive Halo has almost always been BR starts (if not SMG).

Yes the beta was pretty bad but it’s hard to tell if they actually improved when it came to gamescom since most of the gimmicks still exist like ground slam. Going to wait till the final game now to see if Halo 5 multiplayer is still as bad as H4 or if it is worth playing since can’t stand the art style that 343i have gone with in Halo 4,5. Plus there’s plenty of things not even mentioned yet about H5 so we have PAX next.