Halo 5 Fan Novelization Official Thread

Hello Halo Community! Today I am happy to reveal to you all the two chapters of my Halo 5 Novelization that were chosen by some of you in a poll I created back in the poll subforum. Check the embedded link to go check out the results! And to get some backstory on this project and my purpose for sharing some of it with you all today.

The Prologue and Chapters 4 and 5 (the latter of which won the popular vote) were almost tied. While I was happy with any chapter to share with you all, I will admit I am quite tempted to cater to those who voted for the Prologue, as it offers much insight into the deeper themes of Halo 5 and the characterization of Blue Team’s development in the current timeline. But, I will play by the rules and post a link to Chapters 4 and 5, which entail the entirety of Halo 5’s second mission, “Blue Team.”

This thread will serve as the official Halo 5 Novelization Project page, so any comments or questions pertaining to my work will go here. Based on the reception of these two chapters, I will decide on whether or not I should continue writing the book and figure out if this is something the community wants to see finished.

I’ve proofread everything I have written at least 20 times (Insane I know, but I want it to be the best I can make it for you all). Please keep in mind that becasue this is a novelization of a game and an already grounded story, there won’t be vyer many new plot points or anything really new introduced. Except perhaps elaborating on what themes Halo 5 tried to explore. For those of you who have read “Halo The Flood,” you will understand what I am trying to say.

Here is the link to the Chapters. I hope each and every one of you enjoys the read.

Oh and by the way, I just noticed that Fanfiction.net changed the structure of my text. Unfortunately, that presents some problems. Everything I have written is on Microsoft Word, and it’s all structured and neat like a book. So, obviously, the paragraphs aren’t going to be indented like I want them to be on Fanfic. But the most annoying thing, which I just now noticed, is that it didn’t keep the three stars I used to showcase a change in character perspective. I do apologize in advance about this. I had no idea that would occur, and I understand the complications in reading that will entail. But please understand that that was not intentional in any way. In order to help ease the possible confusion, the respective order in which perspectives change between characters is this:
-John
-Fred
-John
-Kelly
-Kitun
-John

I can personally say that it was an enjoyable read. I liked all of the extra little references and information used throughout the writing. The part with Kitun 'Arach was also pretty neat. Only criticism I have is that sometimes the language used felt a little bit awkward, though that may just be me.

I’d definitely read any other chapters if you ever plan to post them.

> 2535437652903765;2:
> I can personally say that it was an enjoyable read. I liked all of the extra little references and information used throughout the writing. The part with Kitun 'Arach was also pretty neat. Only criticism I have is that sometimes the language used felt a little bit awkward, though that may just be me.
>
> I’d definitely read any other chapters if you ever plan to post them.

Considering I’m not a professional writer, and my work hasn’t been proofread by professional editors, it’s understandable that it could read strangely to some people. And even then, no matter the author or editor, the text in any novel won’t flow smoothly for everyone.

Anyways, Kitun 'Arach is an interesting character in my work that I plan on fleshing out. He plays a role in the second chapter when he helps Osiris retake the hill in front of the “Temple.” And his side story in my novel will be very much akin to Zaku Zammamee’s story arch in Halo The Flood. In fact, that’s where I got my inspiration from.

I’ve had issues with Fanfiction.net myself before. I think there’s a way to make it neater, but I cant remember. I’ll look it up for you.